Black Keys Drummer Patrick Carney Calls Napster Founder Sean Parker an "Asshole"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
Black Keys Drummer Patrick Carney Calls Napster Founder Sean Parker an 'A--hole' for Stealing Royalties

Hot on the heels of Dan Auerbach's controversial comments about Nickelback in Rolling Stone, Carney stirs the pot with remarks on Spotify board member Parker's previous Napster scandal and disregard for recording artists.

Perhaps emboldened by back to back sold-out weekends at Coachella and their biggest tour yet with Arctic Monkeys still to come, Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney haven't hesitated to offer their thoughts about other high-profile members of the music industry.

Following Black Keys member Auerbach's backhanded apology to Nickelback after calling them “sh--“ in a Rolling Stone interview, drummer Carney revealed his decidedly indelicate thoughts about current Spotify board member and former Facebook president Sean Parker in an interview on March 18.

“Because he’s [Parker] an asshole. That guy has $2 billion that he made from figuring out ways to steal royalties from artists, and that’s the bottom line. You can’t really trust anybody like that,†Carney said in response to Parker's claims at SXSW that his company would generate more revenue for the music industry than iTunes in the next two years.

“Trust me, Dan and I like to make money. If it was fair to the artist we would be involved in it. I honestly don’t want to see Sean Parker succeed in anything,†added Carney. The verbal stab at Parker is not shocking coming from the Akron duo, who refused to put their new album El Camino on Spotify and other streaming services last year.

"I imagine if Spotify becomes something that people are willing to pay for, then I’m sure iTunes will just create their own service, and they’re actually fair to artists,†said the newly relocated Nashville local.

THR

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Put out an album full of good music and people wouldn't want to steal it douchebag.

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
I don't even know who the Black Keys are. Is that bad?

This really says everything though.
Trust me, Dan and I like to make money. If it was fair to the artist we would be involved in it.

It's nice to know you're concerned more with your wallet than you are your music or the people that listen to it.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
they are not very good tbh....and Napster started something that has actually helped alot of unknown artists and bands get recognized...

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
The Black Keys are ok. But I agree with Booty here, Napster was more helpful to underground artist, and maybe even some main stream artist who might not have been heard had it not been for Napster. I believe Napster was ground breaking IMHO.