Black Cole Sun 12/12/14 - Results & Spoilers

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
AR Fox, ACH and Rich Swann def Chuck Taylor, Gargano and Fish via low mein pain on Fish

Excalibur announced Strong wasn’t there due to the storm and missed his flight. John Morrison was sitting in the front row at the show as well.

Adam Cole def Cedric Alexander via Florida Keys
– Cole on the mic. Says he hurt his shoulder against Jay Briscoe and he needs surgery and will be out for a while

Trevor Lee def Chris Hero via small package

PWG Tag Titles
World’s Cutest Tag Team (Ryan & LeRae) def Frankie Kazarian & Christopher Daniels via seated superkick from Ryan on Daniel to retain

Uhaa Nation vs Brian Cage vs Tommaso Ciampa vs Biff Busick
Brian Cage wins the four way via discuss lariat on Busick

Matt Sydal and Chris Sabin def the Young Bucks via standing Shooting Star

PWG World Title
Kyle O’Reilly def Ricochet via triangle choke to retain

Strong just came out and attacked Kyle O’Reilly! He challenged O’Reilly to a Title match to happen immediately

Guerrilla Warfare: PWG World Title
Roderick Strong def Kyle O’Reilly to win the PWG Title after a front suplex onto chairs and the strong hold
– Roddy tells us to go fuck ourselves and leaves

Source: PWPonderings.com

- I cannot wait to watch this show, it's gonna be awesome!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Every PWG show I watched this year was just uber-fantastic, this one seems to be up on that level, as well. Can't wait to watch the entire thing! So pumped up!

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Finished the first match. Absolute garbage.
Fuck you AR Fox, fuck you ACH and fuck you Rich Swann by association.
Taylor and Fish couldn't save that match.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Finished the first match. Absolute garbage.
Fuck you AR Fox, fuck you ACH and fuck you Rich Swann by association.
Taylor and Fish couldn't save that match.

I'm about to watch it.

Was it THAT bad?

Stopspot

Reaction score
I'm about to watch it.

Was it THAT bad?
In my opinion: Yes.

This match was very much that stigma that wrestling fans attaches to indy wrestling. No structure, no resemblance of kayfabe, little to no psychology and a whole bunch of flips.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
In my opinion: Yes.

This match was very much that stigma that wrestling fans attaches to indy wrestling. No structure, no resemblance of kayfabe, little to no psychology and a whole bunch of flips.

Guess I'll see it for myself.

As a reference to your last sentence, I think it's because there are no storylines involved whatsoever, hence why there's really no structure/psychology, etc...

Stopspot

Reaction score
Guess I'll see it for myself.

As a reference to your last sentence, I think it's because there are no storylines involved whatsoever, hence why there's really no structure/psychology, etc...
No.

Every match, storyline or no, needs structure and psychology. There needs to be a story, a red thread that binds the moves together, making them make sense. One guy needs to take on the role of antagonist while the other the role of protagonist. Otherwise it at least in my mind stops being a wrestling match, and starts being an athletic showcase.

The Bucks have at least made their "indy athletic-ness" into their gimmick. They are athletic and arrogant dick heads who show off. and their matches have a red thread to follow.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
No.

Every match, storyline or no, needs structure and psychology. There needs to be a story, a red thread that binds the moves together, making them make sense. One guy needs to take on the role of antagonist while the other the role of protagonist. Otherwise it at least in my mind stops being a wrestling match, and starts being an athletic showcase.

The Bucks have at least made their "indy athletic-ness" into their gimmick. They are athletic and arrogant dick heads who show off. and their matches have a red thread to follow.

Nah, I get what you're saying.
It's just that I don't look at it that way when it comes to PWG, it's not a weekly wrestling show, so I throw away the antagonist/protagonist roles some of these guys should have and just tune in to watch entertaining matches.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Nah, I get what you're saying.
It's just that I don't look at it that way when it comes to PWG, it's not a weekly wrestling show, so I throw away the antagonist/protagonist roles some of these guys should have and just tune in to watch entertaining matches.
How often a promotion runs doesn't mean you throw away what makes wrestling wrestling.
Wrestling is about the story. It's about engaging a crowd and making them suspend disbelief. Neglecting that in favor of just doing moves is rather cheap, and a big reason in why WWE has everyone go through developmental, despite some guys they sign being 10 year pros. They want to be sure that the people they sign actually know how to connect with a crowd other than "look at how many ways I can possibly break my neck" ala AR Fox.

Creating an in ring story and structure isn't hard, not even in the highly athletic style that PWG works. Lucha Underground does it, DDT does it.

This is a fine example of what I am talking about. There is no storyline involved in the match. But they still establish a simple to follow in ring story of the veteran Nakajima running the rookie Aoyagi through the ropes, making the crowd develop a relation with both men and creating a reason for Aoyagi to make his comeback towards the end, to topple the veteran who has been beating down in him. It might not be as athletic or exciting as a PWG matcch, but they still stick to what makes wrestling work, which makes the match work.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from, but I guess we just have different perspectives (when it comes to PWG), but that's alright. To each his own.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I had a blast watching this splendid show!

- ACH, AR Fox & Rich Swann vs Bobby Fish, Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor was alright, with some fine comedic stuff here and there.

- Adam Cole vs Cedric Alexander was soooo freakin' good, enjoyed this one. Still bummed Cole will be out for another 4 or 5 months.

- Chris Hero vs Trevor Lee was so brutal and it was another great contest I enjoyed. It was just bam from the get-go. Is it just me or did Hero look a bit lighter? But anyways, there was this moment where I LOL'd so hard, when Trevor was (deadlift) German Suplex-ing Hero, it looked like a humongous tree was falling down.

- World's Cutest Tag Team vs The Addiction was just fun all the way through, enjoyed it!

- Biff Busick vs Brian Cage vs Tommaso Ciampa vs Uhaa Nation was so freakin' awesome, it was a pure joy watching these four go at it.

- Chris Sabin & Matt Sydal vs The Young Bucks was pretty darn good and fun to watch. Ahh, gotta love The Young Bucks!

- Kyle O'Reilly vs Ricochet for the PWG World Championship was absolutely fantastic, my MOTN for sure.

- Kyle O'Reilly vs Roderick Strong for the PWG World Championship in a Guerilla Warfare was an absolute beast, such a brutal match. Loved every bit of it. MOTN #2 for me.

Last edited: