Black Adam (2022)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Just saw this and it’s about what I expected. A lot of mindless action with very little character development.

Rock just recklessly chucking and killing people is probably the closest we’ll get to a heel turn. Action scenes were enjoyable.

Pierce as Dr. Fate is arguably the best part of the movie. The dialogue they give him isn’t the best but he pretty much knocks everything out the park.

Post-credit scene was obviously leaked days ago. Will be interesting to see where they’re gonna go with it, considering Rock doesn’t really like to lose when it comes to his characters being in combat.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Dwayne lost his fight in Doom.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He also got his ass kicked by Surf Ninja in The Rundown.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Black Adam was great.

Pierce Brosnan as Dr Fate was good choice.

And Skinny Rock was more jarring than Fat Rock in Artificial Intelligence.

Reactions: Cwalker

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Welp I finally saw Black Adam and I wouldn't say it's my favorite of the DC Films lately but it's a pretty entertaining. Brosnan as Dr.Fate my God he might of been my favorite of this Film and they did that man justice to the Comics. I hope that is not the last time we see him but when we do it's going to be for something huge I imagine maybe Supes vs Adam or some kind of major Team up down the road. Still he's a Sorcerer Supreme like Strange you can't have that dude on the sidelines for too long.

Hawkman played by Aldis Hodge I thought came off really strong. I love the beef between Black Adam and himself even though he knew he couldn't beat him his no quit attitude wouldn't allow himself to give in. Hodge talked about how they blended in some ways his backstory because he's had multiple stories lined up with the Character so I'm looking forward to that being fleshed out in a future film. Fate and Hawkman talked about multiple futures and that had me hype because that could lead to Infinite Crisis/Crisis on Infinite Earths but that is way down the line for DC I imagine.

Cyclone and Smasher I thought were pointless to have apart of the Team and in this Film I thought. They barely did anything but I get it you needed some young talent to get that experience problem is this is not the guy you do a Field Trip with in Black Adam. I thought the stuff Adrianna and her Son throughout this Film had me like go away you fools. Oh I'm just going to release a God and not think about the consequences of my actions and come on guy showing up to the fight with the Zombies with your Skateboard not the time to show off. I get it they were used to humanize Adam but I think they should of dialed back them where it felt like every moment they were putting those two especially the Son way too many times for my liking.

Sabbac boy did they put him in this so late in this Film with what 30 minutes or so go in the Film. I figured he would wreck the JSA till Adam returned. The Prison Adam was in I'm thinking of who else can be down there right now? You could legit do a Suicide Squad 3 or the Amanda Waller Show with Villains getting out of The Task Force X Prison like Reverse Flash, Clayface, or even Deathstroke. Loved the Post Credits Scene Supes vs Black Adam should be interesting what is going to be cooked up between the two got real chills when Cavill shows up wanting to talk to Black Adam. Still an enjoyable film with some negatives that didn't hinder me too much from finishing the Film.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I had bo desire to see this, however one of my three years olds was playing with the Roku Remote and bought it on Vudu. So me and the wife ended up watching it last night.

I will say it wasn't a bad film. I don't understand the hate it got from some folks on some of the Social Media platforms.

I love films where the hero is actually freaking killing people. It's always frustrating when you see someone in films want to do the whole moral high ground and not kill someone they should have taken out. That while, "Oh I should have killed this guy, but since I didn't *Insert innocent person* is dead now. (This is one of the MANY reasons I loved Toxic Avenger) Not with Black Adam though! He will kill your ass just for looking at him wrong!

The mid credit scene with Superman was interesting.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I had bo desire to see this, however one of my three years olds was playing with the Roku Remote and bought it on Vudu. So me and the wife ended up watching it last night.

I will say it wasn't a bad film. I don't understand the hate it got from some folks on some of the Social Media platforms.

I love films where the hero is actually freaking killing people. It's always frustrating when you see someone in films want to do the whole moral high ground and not kill someone they should have taken out. That while, "Oh I should have killed this guy, but since I didn't *Insert innocent person* is dead now. (This is one of the MANY reasons I loved Toxic Avenger) Not with Black Adam though! He will kill your ass just for looking at him wrong!

The mid credit scene with Superman was interesting.

Yeah that is a major positive for me for sure. I remember Adrianna telling Hawkman and Company that he's willing to do what you guys cannot. The End Credits Scene to me is Supes telling Black Adam if you get out of line I'm going to be the one coming to visit you next time. The only way we get Adam vs Superman if one Adam gets possessed via Magic of some kind or they kill someone close to him. If someone where to kill Adrianna, her Son, or possibly a future loved one he's going to lose it and off the races we go.

Reactions: Swamps

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Saw this movie a while ago, thought it was really fun. Dumb but fun. Just what a superhero movie is most of the time. Was great seeing Sarah Shahi back :WOW Used to love her in Person of Interest (great show btw) and haven't seen her in anything since

Reactions: Swamps