Bischoff Comments On # of TNA PPVs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Eric Bischoff commented on the number of pay per views on his Facebook page:

"Definitely need to drop the number of PPV's, The business isn't hot enough to sustain the current number and doing them hurts the long term viability of the category. Worked in the 90s. Not now. Just my personal opinion. It will take balls and vision to change the model."​

I don't agree that it's something that not worth doing. It more than a good idea for both WWE and UFC, just agree that with TNA's fan base level it makes sense to cut it in half at the least. With there buyrates currently though I could see them dropping it all together.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Hope he was talking about mainly TNA here cause if these predicted numbers are true they are making jackshit from these ppv's. WWE needs to cut some too but in this case hopefully he is mostly talking about TNA.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Both WWE and TNA need to cut the number of PPVs. I'd say 6 PPVs for each promotion.

TNA would keep Final Resolution, Lockdown, Slammiversary, Bound for Glory, Turning Point, and Victory Road. Obviously change the months for some of those PPVs.

WWE would keep Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Bring Back King of the Ring or War Games, Summerslam, Night of Champions, and Survivior Series. Again changing the months for some.

Lowering the price of PPVs would be a nice change as well. 50 bucks for WWE and 35 for TNA is ridiculous.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
As much as WWE needs to cut out a few PPV's I don't see it happening simply because they would lose a massive amount of money.