Billy Corgan sues TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's verdict time!

Big picture below
CwHzEE7XEAELDd6.jpg

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It's verdict time!

Big picture below
CwHzEE7XEAELDd6.jpg

As much as I think that Corgan would be so much better than Dixie running this promotion, I have to say that I agree with the ruling on a legal basis.

As I mentioned before, he would have an extremely difficult time proving the company is insolvent and that was proven to be correct. Insolvency is not really black and white, i.e. the company is making enough money through its revenue to support itself. Since others have been funding it, the insolvency argument was doomed from the beginning.

Also it seemed that the court said that Corgan is not entitled to the corporate transaction fee he wanted in addition to paying his loans back, so if Anthem decides to pay the loans back to him, at this point, he'd be silly not to take them IMO.

Seemingly, he is going ahead with the lawsuit and I wish him well. I just don't think he has a case anymore. If Anthem is willing to pay the loans without the corporate transaction fee, and he doesn't accept that repayment...Honestly, if I was him, I would take my money back and if I really wanted to be involved with a wrestling company, either find another one that would be willing to take investments for control, buy a local independent with a small time TV deal and invest in it to grow, or found a new one. I honestly don't think he is going to get anywhere with this.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WOW Corgan lost

I can't believe I'm saying this, TNA is gonna survive.

Anyway so you can't argue with Carter winning the Corgan lawsuit. It's how court works and they got all the info.

There are still 2 lawsuits out there and this tax problem. It's also got out that the U.K. Fans are in jeopardy if they lose programming which results in a way lower viewership.