Big changes happening in TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Jade is also gone...wrestled and lost her last match against Rosemary in a "Last Knockout Standing" Match...

Question For those Smarter than Me: (That's a lot of you)
With WWE holding their Women's Tournament later this year...will that cause female performers to leave
or seek a release from the smaller Independent organizations (TNA, Lucha Underground, Shimmer, Shine)
so they may compete in the WWE tournament?

That's how the WWE works right? You can't work under their banner while possibly promoting another
promotion?

I'm just curious...as I hope Jade does compete in the WWE Tournament...but again...I'm not sure how it
will work/be set up...does anyone know yet?

On Topic: I wish IPW all the best and hope they can provide a solid alternative for wrestling fans who want
more than just the WWE product...

Having a choice is better than no choice at all.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Impact Wrestling or Impact Pro Wrestling (I've heard both) was definitely the best way to go. It signifies a new beginning while not completely dismissing its history as well.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
We're already seeing these changes. GFW has invaded Impact Wrestling, with GFW titles in tow.

I wouldn't be surprised if "TNA Impact" becomes "GFW Impact." Right now, they're "Impact Wrestling" but I see it phasing out, and in with the "GFW Impact" name. Or something else, because "Anthem" as a parent company in logos distracts fans enough to call the parent company as "Fuck that Owl." Just my two cents.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
We're already seeing these changes. GFW has invaded Impact Wrestling, with GFW titles in tow.

I wouldn't be surprised if "TNA Impact" becomes "GFW Impact." Right now, they're "Impact Wrestling" but I see it phasing out, and in with the "GFW Impact" name. Or something else, because "Anthem" as a parent company in logos distracts fans enough to call the parent company as "Fuck that Owl." Just my two cents.
I don't think they will do that. TNA had a bad stigma. Although GFW is better, it doesn't necessarily have a good reputation of its own. It had all this hype and then nothing for a long time. It turned out to be a failed company, so I don't know if you would want that as your name.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
TNA is a damaged brand.
GFW is a damaged brand.
Anthem is a damaged brand.
To most wrestling fans, whatever replaces Impact will be a damaged brand because it's still Impact.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TNA is a damaged brand.
GFW is a damaged brand.
Anthem is a damaged brand.
To most wrestling fans, whatever replaces Impact will be a damaged brand because it's still Impact.
I agree, which is a real shame since they have been putting out a solid product lately.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I agree, which is a real shame since they have been putting out a solid product lately.
Always say in these threads that TNA needs an identity, something they provide different than everyone else, and they kinda have one now. They're the sports entertainment company in a sea of pure wrestling, ya know?? Watching them feels like watching a product a lot of WWE fans wish they had but don't say they want it feels like. Some stuff is very good, there's always some misses with TNA but whenever I turn it on, I tend to enjoy it a good bit

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I don't think GFW is going to be featured in the name, just the same reason WCW wasn't featured in the name after WWE bought it.

The way the GWF guys and champions are treated on TNA is kind of a good tell. I mean the women's champion of GFW (who was teh champ for over a year) dropped the belt on Impact to a heel knockout without any interference, etc. Just a clean drop. The 'best' of GFW should probably should have been booked a bit stronger. But like I said in the Impact thread, its WCW guys like Booker being treated witha a 'who are you?' from Rock on their first night on WWE. Very similar to that.

GFW is like the little kid that couldn't make it on its own and Impact said 'I got you bro' and took him in. At least thats what it feels like.

Reactions: Crithu