Best/Worst Finishers?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
I don't buy the Brogue Kick as a legit finisher. Because it's a friggin' Big Boot! But that's just in wrestling. If this was a streetfight/brawl, outside a club or something, then hell yeah the Brogue Kick would be effective. But for me, wrestling finishers are as much about the flash as about the impact.

Isabellas2007

Reaction score
I like the Tombstone and the DDT as Jake Roberts did it. The one finisher I found the worst around is the leg drop. I mean who cannot get up from a leg drop?

Sugarhill

Reaction score
I liked Ronnie Garvin pulling out the black glove.
The Figure Four
Scorpion Deathlock
Russian Sickle
I love the RKO just because I like to see how the guys that have to endure it, go about taking the face plant. Some of them just don't trust the move.
The Tombstone
Antonio's cross armbreaker

I hate the Spear. I still can't believe that would take anyone out.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't buy the Brogue Kick as a legit finisher. Because it's a friggin' Big Boot! But that's just in wrestling. If this was a streetfight/brawl, outside a club or something, then hell yeah the Brogue Kick would be effective. But for me, wrestling finishers are as much about the flash as about the impact.

Different tastes I suppose but the Brogue Kick was grown on me. Imagine being kicked in the head by a guy that bloody big, at the end of a fight with him no less. Kinda flexible too in terms of when and how he can use it, a little less so than Sweet Chin Music.

Everybody knows, even in kayfabe often times, that all it takes is one solid strike to the head to end a fight, even if its the first move. It makes the Brogue Kick that much more dangerous.

dexterlablab1

Reaction score
Yokozuna and Earthquake had the worst finishers. They would LITERALLY jump in the air and land sitting on you. Mind you both of them were well over 400 lbs.