Bellator Announces Signings of Sluggers Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swinny

Reaction score
Bellator announces signings of sluggers Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef

Bellator MMA has added some proven knockout power to its welterweight and middleweight divisions.

The promotion today announced that welterweight slugger Paul Daley (34-13-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) and middleweight striker Melvin Manhoef (28-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) have signed new deals with the promotion.

Dates and opponents for their next fight haven’t been announced.

Daley, an 11-year vet who’s fought for major promotions such as the UFC, Strikeforce and EliteXC, returns to Bellator for the first time since 2012, when he scored a TKO victory over Rudy Bears at Bellator 72 in his first and online other appearance with the promotion.

The victory kicked off his current 5-1 run, which has included five knockout wins. In fact, in 34 career victories, the 31-year-old English fighter has posted 25 knockouts.

“Like always, I’m coming into Bellator to put on a show,â€￾ Daley stated. “I loved working for (new Bellator President Scott) Coker back in Strikeforce, and when I got the call to possibly come back to Bellator, it was a no-brainer. I feel great, I’m fresh, and I’m going after that belt.â€￾

Manhoef, a 19-year pro who also worked with Coker at Strikeforce, recently scored a TKO win over Evangelista “Cyborgâ€￾ Santos in Brazil. Prior to that, he suffered back-to-back losses and is now 4-2 over his past six fights. The 38-year-old Surinamese-Dutch fighter owns 26 knockouts in 28 career wins.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: We want Bellator to be a destination for not only the top-tier fighters in the sport, but the first-choice destination for fans to see the most entertaining fights in the sport,â€￾ Coker stated. “Both Paul and Melvin add a level of excitement to the roster that I can’t wait to see inside our cage, and this is just the beginning.â€￾

MMAJunkie