Becky Lynch talks WWE Payback match against Trish Status

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Becky Lynch says that she and Trish Stratus "crushed it" at WWE Payback.

The Lynch vs. Stratus rivalry concluded in a steel cage on the September 2 PLE from Pittsburgh, nearly one month after they were left off the SummerSlam card. Lynch told Chris Van Vliet recently that her match vs. Stratus "stole the damn show" that night.

"Yeah, we crushed it. We stole the damn show. Started it off, it was all downhill from there," Lynch said. "No, it wasn't actually a great, great show but we started off hot. I think like a few chips on our shoulder story had been going on for a long time, maybe not getting the steam that necessarily we wanted, and being left off SummerSlam, obviously. I understand why these decisions are made, but really wanted to go out there and prove it, and getting that time, getting that steel cage match was the perfect way to finish it. You know, match of our life."

"Look, when you have a legend like Trish Stratus come on back. Like you want to remind the people of why this person was so great. And I think there's no doubt after that match of the greatness," Lynch continued.

Lynch vs. Stratus at WWE Payback 2023 received a four-star rating from our own Dave Meltzer. Only one match on the show, Judgment Day vs. Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens, received a higher rating (four and one-quarter stars). Voters on Cagematch.net also have the tag match rated slightly higher than Lynch vs. Stratus. It was Lynch's 17th match rated four stars or above and Stratus' second.

Following the conclusion of the Lynch/Stratus rivalry, Lynch went on to win the NXT Women's Championship from Tiffany Stratton. She is scheduled to defend the title against Stratton on Saturday at NXT No Mercy.