Axl Rose booed at Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
081022_131741_axlrosepaphotosL160508.jpg

Axl Rose was booed at last night's (April 14) Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame when his name was mentioned by Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong.

The Guns N' Roses singer snubbed the event in Cleveland, Ohio after claiming he doesn't feel "wanted or respected" by his former bandmates, who attended to be inducted.

According to Reuters, boos rang out across the venue when Green Day singer Billie Joe Armstrong asked the 6,000 in attendance "who was missing", as Ex-Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum were on stage accepting their award.

Armstrong then added:

Most singers are crazy, I can vouch for that. He is one of the best front men to ever touch a microphone. Sometimes you have to look back at chapters of your life to move forward.

Rose was the first artist to publically snub the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, where artists are chosen by a panel of 600 industry experts to be inducted, since the Sex Pistols refused to attend in 2006.

Meanwhile, Rod Stewart failed to appear at the 27th annual event, as he pulled out of reuniting with The Faces at the ceremony after becoming ill with the flu. Simply Red singer Mick Hucknell stepped in to sing with the band.

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beastie Boys were among this year's fellow inductees, alongside folk legend Donovan and late singer-songwriter Laura Nyro.

nme

Castiel

Reaction score
Good, fuck him. Beastie Boys and Chili Peppers were inducted though? Sweet!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
^ well said.

I never could stand Axl, so his boos are much deserved. I'm not even a big GnR fan in principle, so I care a lot more about The Peppers and The Beastie Boys in this case.