Auto-Merge

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
My apologies if this is up somewhere or has been discussed, searched and didn't find anything though.

Maybe auto-merging doubleposts would be a good idea. I know you all are strict on it, and I'm on too many sites that just merge 'em... it's tough to break the habit, and I just had a quote separate my reply and split my post into two, leaving the quote out http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?42466-Rampage-Jackson-to-WWE&p=593013#post593013 posts 8-9 :/.

I mean, at the moment, it just causes trouble. I understand the potential to see someone post 5 or 6 posts in a row and have it become a problem... but I know you all infract first time offenses of it here, even if the person is generally good about it and just makes one double post.

Auto-merging just makes the forum a whole lot cleaner.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Good idea. I think I seen that modification you mentioned. I will look into it.

The one my forums all use is just Doublepost Prevention. It's a solid system, and you can moderate spacers, exluded groups, time between merging posts, etc.

J...

Reaction score
If you want to prevent you can delete posts, just merge the two posts yourself and delete one.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's expired now,

Latest Infractions Received (0 point(s) total)

06-01-2009 09:54 PM
Expired: Did Kofi Just Cut A...

Double Posting

I think it was from MikeRaw, can't really recall tbh. It was a year ago, so meh, just didn't want to take the chance of getting another infraction for something that, as far as I know, wasn't my fault. And again, this hack makes the forum look a bit more clean.

...god...

Reaction score
Yeah, he was Blue and shouldn't have been moderator anyways so you're fine.