Austin Aries to Retire?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Pwinsider said:
Austin Aries wrote on his twitter: "Apparently not big, young, or tough enough. While it's been amazing, the AA chapter of my life may be coming to an end very soon."

It was recently reported that Aries failed to make the cut for Tough Enough. But I read before that WWE officials had nothing to do with the casting for Tough Enough so being a talented wrestler doesn't help get on the show. Also why would he even apply for the show, he is a veteran of the indy scene and I thought that TE was for inexperienced wrestlers.

It will be a shame if he does decide to retire since he still has a lot to give. It is unfortunate that he hasn't been given a chance in WWE or more of a chance in TNA. In the end not having a crusierweight title in WWE may have cost a few of these guys a chance in WWE. But in the end yes he is smaller but he can wrestle and talk and would be great in the US or IC title scene.

I can imagine how frustrating it must be and I could understand if he wanted to retire and move on to the next chapter of his life.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Aries better not retire. TNA was dumb for not giving him a proper push, and it shows from his work in ROH. Austin is pretty young still I believe, so really he can work on his skills and get better in the future.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Looks like he just went for his dream job and got shot down. Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and realizes being an indy wrestler just isn't worth it anymore. He is 32.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
RoH was dumb for releasing him and a few others in the first place; I mean c'mon... Steen & Aeries in the space of two months and no real replacements. Austin Aeries is a fantastic wrestler and knows how to draw heat as the Double A gimmick so WWE must be doing something real dumb not to pick Aeries up.

But I can understand why he is considering retiring, I'd rather retire than be stuck in the mediocrity of TNA these days.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree with Troy than he is one who could probably has enough to do quite well in WWE.
And I agree with EFFECTSOFRAVEN that ROH were dumb for letting Aries go, espically having lost the likes of DB and CM Punk in recent years, Aries was one of the ones left who was still very much a ROH guy, and who could draw for them.

The guy is world class, I can understand why he wants to retire, but think he might be jumping the gun a little. I think he still has two or three good years in him. Good luck to AA whatever he decides to do.

Reaction score
I think it would be a shame if Austin Aries retired as he's pretty young and is really good and could accomplish a lot if he returned to TNA or joined the WWE. I really liked him in TNA when he was Austin Star I think it was? It was a long time ago. I thought he could of gone far, but then he disappeared. It was a shame that he left. He would have a good chance in the WWE I think, I hope this is only a thought.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Austin Star was an awful gimmick, no surprises though.

His RoH second tendure as RoH Champion was fantastic looking back at it as he delivered the goods with drawing heat with his gimmick which was very Sir Psycho Sexy like and his matches was above par, it's annoying he never clashed with Davey Richards; RoH has been Blue recently with their cut backs, releasing both Steen and Aeries over other particular talent, releasing their two top heels IS VERY questionable if you ask me.