Assassin’s Creed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I've been a fan of this series for a Decade and when they announced they were making a movie back in 2011 I didn't think it would ever happen but hey, here we are five year's later! I want to see it opening weekend, odds too many people aren't going to watch this over Rogue One so I won't have to worry about tickets selling out. Boy I just hope it doesn't suck so I can be a proud fanboy going into 2017. If it does, I'll probably still love it anyway!

If you need any info on the lore or how the games relate to the movie and don't feel like hitting up google, I gotchu

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I've been a fan of this series for a Decade and when they announced they were making a movie back in 2011 I didn't think it would ever happen but hey, here we are five year's later! I want to see it opening weekend, odds too many people aren't going to watch this over Rogue One so I won't have to worry about tickets selling out. Boy I just hope it doesn't suck so I can be a proud fanboy going into 2017. If it does, I'll probably still love it anyway!

If you need any info on the lore or how the games relate to the movie and don't feel like hitting up google, I gotchu

I played the first three. Loved the second one, enjoyed the first, and the third wasn't too bad either. I didn't play the in between games (if there were any). Being that my family comes from Italy, I was partial to Ezio.
I was disappointed that they originally said this game was going to be a trilogy and then they just kept making them. That is the reason I lost interest after 3.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I played the first three. Loved the second one, enjoyed the first, and the third wasn't too bad either. I didn't play the in between games (if there were any). Being that my family comes from Italy, I was partial to Ezio.
I was disappointed that they originally said this game was going to be a trilogy and then they just kept making them. That is the reason I lost interest after 3.

AC3 was one of the worst games in the series all because of that ending. I would've stopped playing then too but I got ACIV as a gift and it was good enough to retain my interest. AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Great story, awesome characters, lovely setting. A remasted collection of the Ezio games came out this month, a free movie ticket included in the purchase. Would've picked it up but my 360 copies work just fine and I want to support the film directly.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
AC3 was one of the worst games in the series all because of that ending. I would've stopped playing then too but I got ACIV as a gift and it was good enough to retain my interest. AC2 is one of my favorite games of all time. Great story, awesome characters, lovely setting. A remasted collection of the Ezio games came out this month, a free movie ticket included in the purchase. Would've picked it up but my 360 copies work just fine and I want to support the film directly.

Yeah.. that "ending". I enjoyed that game up until it ended and I just stopped playing. I was so disappointed.

Is there any word on how many movies they will be making or if this will just be a stand alone? It was hard to tell from the preview.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Yeah.. that "ending". I enjoyed that game up until it ended and I just stopped playing. I was so disappointed.

Is there any word on how many movies they will be making or if this will just be a stand alone? It was hard to tell from the preview.

I think it depends on how well it does critically and financially. I read rumors like a year ago that they (Ubisoft and FOX) were working on a script for a second movie so maybe. I doubt it'll happen if this one doesn't work out though.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I think it depends on how well it does critically and financially. I read rumors like a year ago that they (Ubisoft and FOX) were working on a script for a second movie so maybe. I doubt it'll happen if this one doesn't work out though.

I'm really hoping they do it right. I love the main concept and story of this game, it is easily one of the best in my book as far as video games go.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I loved AC2 and i'm gonna pick that collection up in a sale but yeah, as for the movies go I'm being careful and keeping myself from expecting anything. Games and movies don't have the best record. I really do hope it's as good a movie as the story deserves.

And yes, ACIII sucked. Except for Haytham Kenway and his story arch, everything else was eh (including the ending)

Such a crappy ending...

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I might see it, yeah.

Kinda in an Assassin's Creed mood again after having Syndicate sitting around here for about 6 months and never getting around to playing it, I just started it the other day. Bought it cause of the Victorian London setting which is one of my absolute favorites, and I'm really enjoying it so far, the Frye twins are great characters. I think AC Brotherhood was the last one I played, whichever was the last one that had Ezio. I know nothing about AC3, Black Flag or Unity.

But yeah, the movie I'm not sure about. Movies based on games and vice versa do not have the greatest track record, so they're going to have to make something really special with this.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for the movie, but also pretty worried knowing the reputation of video game movies. My question is how long before they end up making Assassin's Creed The Movie The Game :kappa:

Also, ACIII was my favorite. The ending was shit, but I freaking loved everything before it. The trees, the rope darts, the homestead, the fighting, etc. I really disliked ACIV though because the boating in ACIII never interested me and that's like, 90% of IV

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited for the movie, but also pretty worried knowing the reputation of video game movies. My question is how long before they end up making Assassin's Creed The Movie The Game :kappa:

The reason why there was no new game this year is because the movie was supposed to be next part of the story, the movie and the games share the same Universe.
Apparently Ubisoft is completely overhauling the next game. According to rumors, it will be a soft reboot for the franchise. In these same rumors, its said they're going in a more witcher-esque direction.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Me = Michael Fassbender fan.
+
Me = Assassins Creed fan.
=
Definitely going to give it a shot.

I really hope they can at least do it justice, with a series like Assassins Creed it'll be difficult to expect perfection when translating it into a feature film.. I think it will at the least be an entertaining 6/10 even if they mess up story wise.

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!