Alice in Borderland (Netflix)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

Country of Origin: Japan
Genre(s): Drama, Sci-Fi, Suspense-Thriller
Seasons: 1 (renewed for a season 2)
Episodes: 8
Release Date: December 10th, 2020

Another show that has been dubbed in English, so, unlike the trailer, you will not have to worry about reading the bottom of the screen and missing anything. Started watching this show as it's about a video gamer, holla if ya hear me.

Three friends suddenly find themselves in an abandoned Tokyo, only to discover they must play different kinds of games to survive. They also run the risk of death playing the games, so, they must figure out how to clear them using clues, as well as making some tough decisions required that put lives on the line. Each episode runs roughly an hour long.

Each time a game is available to play, the players must register on a phone located at the set up of each game 'arena' that tells them the rules of the game, the difficulty, and the type of game it is, which is revealed by a playing card. For example, a 10 of hearts is a game of a high difficulty that requires playing with people's emotions before death occurs. Winners of games get a playing card, and must collect all 52 cards to escape and go back to the 'old world', which is the normal world. They are also rewarded 'visas', which extends with each game they clear, however, if they don't play games, their visa will expire and they will be killed. Once a player registers for a game, they can't leave the gaming area or they will be killed immediately.

There are others who also participate in the games to survive this 'alternate world' and you eventually make your way to a place called 'the beach', which is a hotel where a bunch of players stay and is run by a man named Hatter, who wants to collect all the playing cards and escape abandoned Tokyo.

Some games consist of players who are actually known as 'dealers', they are ones who help to set up the games, but, they blend in as regular players to try to throw people off and have them killed. There is also a game master, who remains hidden until the end of the season.

I only found episode 5 to be a weak one, it's when they finally find the beach. Just wasn't as interested in that part of the story where they meet Hatter. Other than that, it was a great series with some cool games, sad moments, shocking moments, and interesting twists. A few weeks after the series was dropped, they had been renewed for a second season. No word on when it will be released yet.

Favorite part was a fight scene between Last Boss (a member of the beach) and Kuina (one of the players) in episode 7, it was well done, great action.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I chugged through 3 Episodes and I'm in fear of what is going to happen Episode 4 on. Episode 3 might be my favorite of the Show so far and it was sad to see how the group of Characters making a decision for one and thus sacrificing themselves. I would of done the same thing if it was family and I don't know how in the hell can Ryohei can mentally stay in the fight long term because of what happened.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Beat me to it:peyton2:

Alice in Borderland and Squid Game broke me left and right and now a Season 2 means I'm going to be once again on the floor crying holding onto my Pillow after what I'm going to be watching.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I actually struggled to get in to Alice in Borderland the first time, but I really enjoyed it after giving it a second chance. I think I was comparing it to Squid Game too much, but it's such a different kind of show. Loved the visuals in this series especially. I'm pretty hyped for Season 2 as well.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi