Album Review Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Simple concept. I hope to see some members review some albums in here. :)

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Band: EMPHATIC
Album: DAMAGE
Release Date: JULY 12, 2012
Label: ATLANTIC RECORDS
Producer: HOWARD BENSON
LENGTH: 31 MINUTES (approx.)

1. DO I
Where do I start with this one? A great song from beginning to end that's a pure adrenaline rush. A simple, badass riff accompanied by Patrick's voice in a couple harmonies and an AWESOME chorus. No guitar solo, but that's alright. It has an awesome interlude instead.
Score: 100

2. GET PAID
Another piece of brilliance that the boys said in Madison, "it's about having a shitty job, and just wanting to get out of it!" Features a bad-ass cock rock type opening riff that breaks into a verse featuring almost a country-ish twang to the vocals. Worry not, it isn't long before they break into a chorus featuring, "I wanna get paid, be a billionaire, I wanna be rich ... hey, hey ... I wanna get laid, like I just don't care, life's a bitch ... hey, hey ..." Great stuff. Then Justin rockets off into the first solo of the album, and it's a beauty!
Score: 97

3. PUT DOWN THE DRINK
Quite possibly my favorite song off the album, and definitely a challenger for my favorite song they've ever done. Madison really responded to this one live. Obviously about a girl who gets drunk and disasterous ... great stuff. A haunting opening with just Patrick's voice and an acoustic guitar backing: "Baby put down the drink ... and baby put down the bottle ... you're starting to sink ... and when you're down on your knees, it's so hard to swallow" Possible double entendre there? I think so, but who knows. It's a slower song, but it's got JUST enough killer rock to it to make it a highlight. Then there's that GUITAR SOLO that Justin rips out of nowhere ... uh ... AWESOME!!!
Score: 100

4. BOUNCE
The single. I've had a bit of history with this song. It used to be known as "Dirty", and I knew that it was the song they usually played last, or their BIG song. But honestly, I thought it was a bit over-rated and probably wouldn't score it over a 90. But with this ... they re-recorded and re-did it. And to be honest, it sounds GREAT!!! Still a tad-bit over-rated, but MUCH better than it used to be. There's another solo as well (#3).
Score: 92

5. A PLACE TO FALL
I love this song. It's another slow one, and the chorus sounds familiar in RHYTHM, but I can't put my finger on where I've heard something similar to it before. Either way, it's great, "If you need a place to fall, when it all comes crashing down ... a place to fall, and you need it right now ... you can't stop the show ... you can let yourself let go ... I'm right here, it's okay ... to breathe ... fall into me!" I love the little moment when Patrick wails, "I'm right here, it's okay!" Something about it sounds entirely heart-felt. Awesome. Oh, and another great solo to boot (4)!
Score: 95

6. BEG
This song ... really sounds like something from a Rob Zombie showcase. When you hear it, you'll know what I'm talking about. Just listen to that intro, a haunting guitar bit played with a Zombie-like vibrato over it. Awesome. Now, expect the dirty stuff, because this is the time. A cool ass riff breaks into Patrick crooning about trying to get a girl to admit she wants it. Then the chorus ... you ready? Here goes: "Every time you beg ... I love it when you want me, love it when you need me ... right between your legs ... tell me that you need me, say it like you mean it ... BEG!!!" Cool shit. Justin breaks into a very simple solo (5) that ALSO sounds like it came right from the Rob Zombie book of tricks. But I love it. It's something different sounding.
Score: 94

7. TONIGHT
I heard someone cover the demo of this song, and to be honest, I was not impressed. Overall, it didn't seem bad, but the effect that was on Patrick's voice (like a ghostly girl's voice or something) just killed it. But again, they re-recorded everything and it's a GREAT SONG!!! Typical-type love ballad, but it's still great. I think it's partly because of Justin's lead work over the riff. And the well written chorus: "Tonight ... we could do anything ... in your arms, I'll be alright ... all of my life ... searching for someone ... in your arms, heaven is closer ... tonight ..." Well done. Another simpler solo (6), and this song is just great.
Score: 91

8. PRIDE
They attribute this as the most southern-rock sounding, and it is. But that's its strength. It's another different sounding song. And that's EMPHATIC's strength as a whole. No 2 songs really sound the same. Also, this song is used in a fan video as a tribute to those who lost homes and whatnot in the storms down south. Touching, really. Overall, probably the song I've listened to least so far, but it's still awesome and catchy as hell! Oh, and another cool solo (7)

9. ORIGINAL SIN
This song is upbeat, with a fiery, blistering opening and an almost ... prog-rock sounding verse riff. Somethin' about it is cool. The chorus is catchy as shit too: "Down, down, down ... here we go again, round and round ... will it ever end? We'll find out what a mess I'm in ... heir to the throne of your ... original sin ... SIN .. SIN!" No solo, but it's got another awesome breakdown section.
Score: 92

10. DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME
I almost figured this would be another love ballad, but it's obviously Empahtic's song to Omaha, which they have to leave behind to go on tour. Really touching lyrics and a great chorus, great breakdown, and a really simple solo (8). Probably the best choice to close the album out, really, with their goodbye to Omaha, even though they'll always return home to it. Well done boys.

GUITAR WORK: 93 - Justin doesn't worry about getting too fancy with technical riffs or anything, but shows a true mastery of the strings in his solos. Great work.
BASS WORK: 85 - Alan didn't get to record for the album. Instead session musicians were used, and it's solid enough, but not too audible.
DRUM WORK: 85 - Again, Dylan didn't get to record, so the work isn't as awesome as he is in live performances. But solid enough.
VOCALS: 98 - Patrick's got a great voice and he really puts it to work, varying well all over.
LYRICS: 92 - A tiny bit lacking in a few spots, but overall really solid work! Most of the choruses are great!
PRODUCTION: 97 - Howard. Fucking. Benson. Need I say more?
Total Points: 1493/1600
OVERALL: 93 (93.3125)

Final thoughts: Quite possibly my favorite debut album from ANY BAND EVER!!! Be proud of yourselves, E. You're about to explode!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Saliva_every_six_seconds.jpg

Band Saliva
Album Every Six Seconds
Length 50:54
Release Info March 27, 2001
-----------------------------------------------------
1. Superstar Not only is this song my efed theme music, but I love the song. It was actually the song that inspired me to become the person I am today. A true Superstar. 5/5

2. Musta Been Wrong I liked this song, it could have been a little better, but overall a great song. 3/5

3. Click Click Boom The theme song for Wrestlemania 25 I think? Definitely a great choice and this was probably the song that boosted the album to the top of the charts. 4/5

4. Your Disease When I heard this song, I had it confused with "Superstar". I downloaded Superstar instead, and then fell in love with that song. This song however, was played mega over the radio, and it cranks! Definitely gets my adrenaline running... 5/5

5. After Me I didn't like this song, probably because I don't remember it... smh...?/5

6. Greater Than/ Less Than I love this song! I listen to this to get pumped to roleplay...4/5

7. Lackluster this is another great song. Very good lyrics. 4/5

8. Faultline Dont remember it...?/5

9. Beg Dont remember it... ?/5

10. Hollywood Killed it!! 4/5

11. Doperide Just like the name, it was DOPE! 4/5

12. My Goodbyes EPIC FUCKING SONG.... 5/5

---------------------

Overall Rating: 5/5

• Love
Reactions: Swamps
Reaction score
220px-Rihanna_Rated_R.jpg

Artist: Rihanna
Album: Rated R
-------------------

1. Intro (Mad House) - BADASS INTRO EVER!
2. Wait Your Turn - I have to smoke when I listen to this, it makes me feel like I have accomplished a milestone. Badass song
3. Hard feat. Young Jeezy - Makes me feel hood! lmao jk... Overall a great song too
4. Stupid In Love - A song about being stupid, but in love at the same time. I understand because ive been there.
5. Rockstar 101 feat. Slash - 1st Single off of this album, and set the standards for it. BADASS
6. Russian Roulette - Made me think about suicide and what taking a chance with your life is like. I cried when I heard it the first time.
7. Fire Bomb - About tired of being with someone, and wanting to be single and taking the world by storm. CHEA!!!!
8. Rude Boy - 2nd Single from the album, Video was badass, and has THE MOST VIEWS EVER! Over 190 million I think
9. Photographs feat. will.i.am - Made me think about my ex and the things we've been through.
10. G4L - I just started liking this song bcuz i started listening to it recently, but I love it. The Words are SO powerful
11. Te Amo - Lesbianisms!!!
12. Cold Case Love - Being in love, there is nothing better!
13. The Last Song - I cried...nuff said.