Aka Yurei v. Liberty Olivera Lawrenson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
iIjv80F.jpg

Clockwork Orange
House of Fun Match

Aka Yurei v. Liberty Olivera Lawrenson

Deadlines
Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022.

Last edited:

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
W0inu0XJDyF4hFvAYx2DJDhLJ_ZUs6mlOVTWH6TgGMnj4MEWKho2cVIKBRdvl_rKhdEE14Zvb8UWdUTYBtiugAftMTsft2aj8Yu07-mWAiAJD5pmoHQQ34ISIqKQu6MIf55y7XgxHHgvgRVc3g

“Do you know what my little terrors are? And before you comment below, that was a rhetorical promo - because yours truly is cutting a live promo right here on the gram and I am not in a good mood, not at all. You see, when I won the right to challenge for the AMA Grand Championship - I was always under the impression that there would be a line of succession. For some reason, a small part of me actually believed that when Shinzo became the inaugural champion. That I would be the next in line - especially considering that piece of shit Sanders is dead and buried and never to be seen again. But can you guess what happened? It is one simple word and it is the reason why my voice is being suppressed and my talent is being locked underneath the glass ceiling. I fucking hate the Patriarchy - but I am not going to let it bring me down and tarnish my career. And if I have to be punished and forced to face other women - rather than actually taking on the best in the business - then so be it. But remember my little terrors - sooner or later I will get my shot at the shot and prove to the world that I have what it takes to be the Grand Champion!”

Liberty ends the feed and immediately tosses her phone onto the nearby couch and groans as she looks at her publicist, agent and public relations manager Tasha Hilfiger with a look of great annoyance on her face.

Liberty: How much longer do I have to keep up with this act Tasha? You know I don’t even care about this wrestling shit. It is fake as fuck and only drunk hicks, racists and fucking incels watch this crap - you told me that I would only need to take part in a few shows and I would be able to get the platform I needed to star in some Hollywood productions. So far all I have got was that Warhammer pilot - but that shit already got canceled - I mean come on Tasha, what was that even all about?

Tasha shrugs, and it is clear that she isn’t enjoying this conversation. By her body language alone, it was clear that Hilfiger had no respect for Liberty - and she was nothing more than a cash cow. But she put on a fake smile, and carried on putting on the false pretenses she needed to get her client to behave.

Tasha: Libs, we’ve talked about this. You need to portray yourself as a cynical villain that hates authority and will use every asset to her advantage to get herself to the top of the mountain, and when you finally defeat the patriarchy and become the AMA Grand Champion - then the world will finally accept you as a star, and you will get what you’ve always wanted. What you deserve, to be a Hollywood star, but can you do me one favor Liberty?

Liberty: Sure what?

Tasha: I need you to go back online - and cut a kiss ass prmo about kicking Aka Yurei. But please - find a different location, and have a bit more fire. We need you to convince management that you actually want to be a champion okay?

Liberty nods her head, picking up her phone and walks out of the room. Immediately, Tasha takes out her phone and presses the button on her headset and waits a few moments before speaking.

Tasha: Hello Master, I think we need to consider Project Bravo. Project Alpha has started to reach her expiry date.

Liberty’s instagram video feed goes live once again as she stares definitely at the camera.

“Hope you are ready to dance bitch - because Aka Texas is my home state and as you know everything is bigger in Texas including the beatdown. And as I promised all my little terrors…”

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Tim's Cafe, Sleepy Oak, Minnesota

We're once again met at that classic deco Tim's Cafe on the corner of Anderson and 12th, across the street from the Old Town Library. It's a gorgeous day's afternoon out meddling somewhere between Spring and Summer, with all of the heat waves and windswept storms it brings. Today, however, is just pleasant enough out for folks to be happy wearing jean shorts and t-shirts. Inside Tim's Cafe, in their usual conversational spot, sits our lovable Sarah DuBois and AMA's rookie extraordinaire Aka Yurei: The Crimson Ghost herself. Sarah sips on her infamous sugary cup of coffee and looks excited, whereas Aka herself is muted and reserved as usual with her icy sweet tea special.

Sarah DuBois: I told you you could do it!

Aka Yurei: I know, I know, Sarah-chan. You always believe in me, but I'm pretty sure sensei carried the load for me.

Sarah laughs a little and reaches over to playfully punch Aka in the shoulder.

Sarah: Nonsense, Yurei-chan! You carried your own weight out there! You got a much-needed win too, in your debut no less!

Aka: Thanks... it's nice to start fresh here, and with a win. Better than only getting a title shot because you just happened to be in the right place at the right time...

Sarah: You're too hard on yourself ya know. Now comes the difficult part for you, Yurei-chan; now you've got a singles match coming up against Liberty, and it sure seems like she's got a grudge against you, for screwing her over and everything.

Aka shoots Sarah a look of defensiveness and pouts.

Aka: I only did what I thought was right, Sarah-chan- You can't blame me for wanting to watch out for Sensei... even if he didn't ask me for it.

Sarah: Brian is a big boy, he can take care of himself, you should just focus on yourself, ya know. He's not gonna always be there for you; he's got... his own issues, you know.

Aka: I'm more than aware. I can't even rely on him for training anymore either, he told me... he taught me everything he has to teach me, and now it's a matter of going out on my own and carving my own path; maybe he's right. Maybe it's time we don't have our destinies so intertwined... but that's almost impossible, Sarah-chan because Sensei is special to me.

Sarah smirks a little and the two share a look of understanding. Aka knows her feeling for Brian Zewbowski are nowhere close to romantic... it's a feeling like that of a sibling; yearning to earn their respect after everything they've gone through. After the tragic death of her brother, Aka Yurei had missed that kind of person in her life. Brian was not only a surrogate sibling, but a surrogate parental figure.

Sarah: He's special to me too, Yurei-chan, though for different reasons. He's also right; your story isn't tied to his, even though he's done so much to help you. This match against Liberty is your first chance to step out and make something of yourself. This isn't the FWA, and you've already won in your debut against her. There's no real pressure on you here.

Aka shrugs her shoulders and sighs. There's that nagging feeling that always seems to follow her wherever she goes: doubt. Her slow and insidious killer. She thought she could have been past it after that Golden Rock match, but as long as she seems to live, she will always find herself in doubt of her capabilities.

Aka: I wish I could say I share your optimism, but it seems the world is always bearing down on me.

Sarah: You put way too much pressure on yourself, you know. Brian always said that about you. Your desperation to perform perfectly blinds you to perpetual pressure. You gotta figure out how to breathe and work in the ebb and flow of the match. I'm sure Brian's always told you, "It's not about rushing through life, sometimes you have to be patient and know when to act". That's not just life advice, Yurei-chan. He's telling you in a match, your biggest advantage will always be patience and knowing when to strike.

Aka: I always just thought he was waxing poetic.

There's a small pause, as the two sorta blink at one another before the two of them start to laugh at Brian's expense. Who knows how he would have reacted if he was there, but it's all in good fun. Sarah takes another sip of her sugary coffee and grins widely at the relaxed Aka.

Sarah: ... He does do that a lot, doesn't he? A-anyways, that aside- You've got nothing to worry about. The AMA could use a girl like you in its ranks. They need someone to look up to, and aside from someone like Cali Hayama, there are not many other notable women in the AMA who the fans can get behind. The others are either too extreme or just... bad people. You're not them, Yurei-chan.

Aka: Thanks, Sarah-Chan. I appreciate that... Liberty is gonna be a test for me, but I'm sure I have what it takes to overcome this bump in the road. I just gotta take my time and train really hard. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and become like... the first AMA Women's Champion down the line if that ever becomes a thing.

Sarah shakes her head with a smile and wags her finger at Aka. Clearly, Aka was being facetious and hopeful though.

Sarah: Let's not think too far ahead. One match at a time for you.

Aka: I know, I know.

Aka Yurei sighs and reaches into her pocket, pulling out her phone, a nice crimson-tinted Motorola Edge. She glances at it before quickly turning to Sarah.
Aka: Shit, I better get going.
Sarah raises an eyebrow, having never really seen Aka in such a hurry before. Aka rises up and pulls out a wallet from her pockets and rummages through it.

Sarah: What's the rush?

Aka: There's no time like the present to start training, right?

Sarah: I guess-?
Aka throws down a few dollars next to her already finished tea before giving a little bow to Sarah.

Aka: Meet up again in a couple of days?

Sarah: You know where to find me!
With that, Aka departs from Tim's Cafe, this time in a hurry. As she walks away from Sarah, her face goes from a soft and warm smile to a cold, neutral, deliberate thousand-yard stare. Whatever it was that had summoned Aka's presence, it was something that she was not looking forward to.
Back Alleys of Old Town, Sleepy Oak, Minnesota

The next scene opens up in the dingiest, dirty back alleys of Sleepy Oak Old Town. The district, known for its history and antique age, has not been one to truly conform to the modern architecture of cities or even the city of Sleepy Oak itself. Since the 1950s, the city's expansion has made it so Old Town is but a relic, a home to not only Sleepy Oak University but the poor dregs of society who have not been able to crawl away from the olden works of a late-19th to early 20th Century disposition. Tim's Cafe may have been quaint in comparison to the rest of the district, a conglomeration of buildings slapdashed and accommodated by the times. In the early 1920s, Sleepy Oak's Old Town (at the time the whole of the town) was a sprawling confluence of modernity and wealth. When the Depression hit, many businesses closed, and over time, these buildings remained closed. The 90s saw the closest chance to a renaissance for the Old Town, but it was not to be... the Recession saw to it any great chance of a government effort to reinvigorate Old Town would be a multi-million dollar effort... well not worth the city council's time, it would seem.

Aka Yurei peeks into a dark alley, where it seems like barely even can press through but only from the streetside. It's a winding way, with a fork at the end of this path. It's a small, but still spacious way, that has not really seen much pedestrian passage in a long time it seems. With a shudder, she presses forward and steps into the darkness. The white noise of street life begins to fade as she goes deeper into this bleak peek into the antebellum days of World War 2. Aka's footsteps begin to echo with a sludgy ickiness from all the filth and grime on the concrete underneath her feet. There are some posters ridden on the wall that has seemingly not seen the light of day since then... posters of less than flattering ideologies, jingoism (or rather, more blatantly, racism) at its finest. Aka averts her eyes; Japan and America have never had the greatest relationship, but this is a different time, a different era. Suddenly, from behind her, with a shock and fear gripping Aka Yurei all at once, the "chink" of a lighter's echo, and then the smell of cloves. She whips around to spot It. Leaning against the brick wall behind her, in the dark recess of this alley, is the silhouette of a person... the face that flickers from the flame of the lighter is that of Brian Zewbowski... but that's impossible- He's not even in Sleepy Oak... right? He exits the darkness and it is all too well known that this is not Brian. It's that thing.

Humanity: We still have a deal, Miss Yurei. You've been neglecting your duty.

Aka Yurei: What the hell do you want this time?

Humanity: An explanation, Miss Yurei. It was not but six months ago that I offered my services to you to make you stronger, all you had to do was do what I tell you to.

Aka Yurei: You really wanna know what I was fucking doing for the last two months? I've been training, working on my technique, and coming over to the AMA to start anew. No thanks to you. You disappeared too ya know, after you maliciously made fun of my dead brother, pushed me to confront my father, and then you didn't even speak to me after I lost to Golden Rock. Where the hell were you?

Humanity: I do not have to answer to mortals like you, Miss Yurei. Even now, you don't even realize where you are, and yet you speak to me so freely; only because I let you do this, are you able to continue standing.
Yurei looks around and finally notices it... there is this strange sight that cannot truly be explained. It is like the air itself is vibrating in a miasmic aura. All around this ancient alleyway does it encompass it. She turns to that thing and shoots a look of suspicion and mistrust.

Aka: Alright, I'll bite. What the hell is this place?

Humanity: We are in a time distortion, my dear... it was the only way I could see you; Brian's emotional state of late has created a barrier that I cannot cross... it is sadly my one weakness, despite my enormous power. So I had to create this space for myself in order to... project myself for your benefit, Miss Yurei.
Aka Yurei frowns and folds her arms together, as if already annoyed.

Aka: You know how I feel when you call me that... Mortis.
"Mortis", known to others as Humanity, steps a few feet forward and stares down Aka Yurei, tapping his foot against the ground and taking one big puff of smoke from his bent, irregular cigarette.

Humanity: Now's not the time to be testy; after all, you yourself will have a great test soon. Who is it now you're battling against? This Liberty person?

Aka: Olivia Liberty Lawrenson.
Humanity turns around and begins to pace, thinking to himself, a puff of gross, black smoke releasing from his lungs, before whipping around and pointing at Aka Yurei, with great aggression ridden in his voice, a demented being of intimidation.

Humanity: You would do well to crush them under your boot. If you want to become great, you'll have to beat those who defy you. You've already accepted my help, and there is no reprisal, and there is no turning back. You dare renege, and I can easily send you back to the pitiful child you were before that Golden Rock match...
There's a solemn silence dragged out between the two. Aka Yurei stares down Humanity, and internally is shaking, genuinely terrified of this thing... but that last part, it lights such a fire in Yurei.

Aka: ... I understand. You want me to beat Liberty so bad, I'll do it... I just want you to know just one thing.

Aka steps forward and with great force pokes Humanity's chest and grits her teeth. She flashes anger at Humanity, as though genuinely hurt by what he said, and not willing to just fucking sit there and take it.

Aka: Don't you ever threaten me like you just did again. I thanked you back then, and you made me realize that I cannot afford to let anyone talk down to me again.
Humanity takes a puff from his cigarette and looks down at Aka Yurei, before a smirk comes on his face. He appears genuinely impressed by the show of force by this once pitiful girl.

Humanity: ... Hmph- It appears that you are ever-improving, every day, Miss Yurei... I bid you adieu.
Humanity slinks back into the dark recess still staring at Aka Yurei, and his cigarette light fades; it's as if he just suddenly disappeared and melted into the brick wall behind him. The miasmic air also fades just as this happens, leading to the sounds of the city, which had been muted upon entry into this space, to return. Aka Yurei takes a deep breath and looks around, trying to find an exit to this fucking abomination of an alley.

Aka: ... I fucking hate that thing...

Reactions: Rosie