Agents of Shield

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;EeZOo6wolKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeZOo6wolKQ[/video]

Intense teaser the series has of course been picked up by ABC set to debut this fall. Most notable is the fact that Coulson is back, the scene actually looks like he's staggering in but who knows how they'll do his return.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;ySsw-6aetys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ySsw-6aetys[/video]

Released a slightly longer version.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The LMD ploy is always in the comics, but if you pay attention to The Avengers, when they look at the blood on Coulson's Captain America card collection, it was oil not blood.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The LMD ploy is always in the comics, but if you pay attention to The Avengers, when they look at the blood on Coulson's Captain America card collection, it was oil not blood.

Two problems with that scenario in my head. 1. It's clearly stated the cards weren't on Coulson so it doesn't matter what was on the cards as it was added later. 2. Why use a decoy in a room where there was no avenger, nobody saw him die except Loki. You could have had Jackson just walk on scree and state Coulson was dead. His death scene is unnecessary if it's a decoy.

I have heard that Coulson could be Vision which would be the most Badass Vision i've heard of, but I doubt thats the case.

It all boils down to what excuse do they have for the death being on screen a Decoy had no need to die on screen or to even be there in the first place because of the Fury Card situation.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I think Whedon always intended for Coulson to come back, but that he had other plans as how to do it. I've heard the Vision idea mentioned a couple of times and I think something like that would have worked well. Ultimately I think his hand has been forced by the studio execs who wanted a recognisable Avengers "face" to help launch this show and bring it to the movie-going audience. Coulson was the most obvious and best choice and time was against them. There's a story here which contains SPOILERS about how they intend to bring him back;

How Agent Coulson Is Brought Back to Life in AGENTS OF*S.H.I.E.L.D. - News - GeekTyrant

Seems to me they just went for the cheapest and easiest option has time was against them, which is a real shame. I'm sure this wouldn't have been Whedon's original choice.

Whatever we all think it's worked cause we're all gonna tune in and watch the show. Cant help but feel though that when I go back and watch Avengers now that scene (which was one of the best in the movie) will have lost its punch.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The cards not being on Coulson, is just a way to explain Fury getting them on the LMD. Having an LMD die on screen is a bait & switch on the viewer to pull some heart strings.

I just hope they introduce Nick Fury Sr.'s insane LMD Max Fury.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video=youtube;BuMcTJEQpKQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMcTJEQpKQ[/video]

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah, I'll definitely be watching this. I won't be too mad if the explanation of how Coulson lives is a disappointment as long as that guy is back, hopefully it'll be goo though.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't think the one that is posted in the spoilers will be accurate.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not confirmed as cage but that was my guess

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If its not Cage, then I am at a complete loss for who it could have been. Not many black men in the Marvel Universe that could jump out of the top floor of a burning building and land unharmed.