A Rumble through Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
A RUMBLE THROUGH TIME

Rules
No double winners

I can only choose a new winner from people in the rumbles

Melbourne Made

Reaction score

1988 - Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Not changing the winner of the first Royal Rumble match because honestly he deserves it.

1989 - Andre the Giant
No disrespect to Big John Studd, I just think Andre deserves to be a Rumble Winner.

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
1990 - Hulk Hogan
I have never been a huge fan of Hogan but it was inevitable that he would win the Rumble and you know nothing is on the line yet so yeah.

1991 - Mr Perfect
No double winners and Perfect like Andre before him deserved to win the Rumble. If it was up to me I would have him at some point win the WWF Championship but that is another story for another time.

1992 - Ric Flair
Not changing this as it was inevitable that Flair was going to win the Rumble.

1993 - Macho Man Randy Savage
No disrespect to Yokozuna but he had no business being a Rumble winner in my opinion. So yeah no bit where the Macho Man trying to pin the big man and instead he eliminates him.

1994 - Bret Hart
Not a fan of Lex Luger so Hart is the sole winner of the 1994 Royal Rumble match.

1995 - British Bulldog
I like HBK but I just think that Bulldog should have won the 95 Rumble

1996 - Shawn Michaels
HBK gets his one and only win here instead.

1997 - Vader
How in the hell did WWF or WWE whatever screw up Vader he should have been WWF Champion.

1998 - The Rock
I just think he should have won this one instead of the 00 Rumble

1999 - Stone Cold Steve Austin
This is where I would have the “Rattlesnake” win the match by eliminating Mr McMahon. Because this is where Austin was a bonafide megastar and McMahon shouldn’t have won the match.

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
2000 - The Big Show
Couple of things about this first Show won technically as the Rock’s feet hit the floor first. Second of all given all the bullshit that they had Show do later on his career he deserves this.

2001 - Kane
As much as I disagree with what he has been saying recently, the Big Red Machine should have won the Rumble this year.

2002 - Triple H
Keeping this exactly the same.

2003 - Brock Lesnar

2004 - Kurt Angle
I am not booking Benoit, so I am going with the Wrestling Machine so we can keep the two men winning the match from number one.

2005 - Batista & John Cena
I would keep the botch ending as it was perfect and also it pissed me off when they had Batista face Cena in a sort of mini match. At WrestleMania 21 we got Cena V JBL for the WWE Championship and Batista V Triple H for the WH Championship anyway so why not have two winners.

2006 - Randy Orton
No disrespect to Mysterio but they didn’t treat his Rumble win and following World Championship reign right. So I would have Orton win here instead of 2009 as I think he and Angle could have an awesome one on one match.

2007 - The Undertaker
Keeping this exactly the same

2008 - Mr Kennedy
There is a limited number of people I could pick from since I ruled out two time winners so yeah Mr Kennedy……..Kennedy wins and is added to the WWE Championship match at WrestleMania 24.

2009 - MVP
I still think that MVP should have had at least one world championship in WWE. He can go in the ring and is one hell of a talker so yeah why not MVP.

Melbourne Made

Reaction score

2010 - Edge
Keeping this exactly the same

2011 - Christian
Piss off Alberto Del Wanker I haven’t got time for you.

Also no 40 man Rumble it just didn’t work which is hilarious considering WWE have enough talent to pull it off.
Finally WWECW was never a thing and Christian makes his return to the company and wins the match. From here he goes onto WrestleMania 27 and he is Edge’s last opponent and claims the WH Championship.

2012 - Sheamus

2013 - Cm Punk
So I am breaking my own rule here but in real life Punk lost the WWE Championship in the main event of the ppv.
Here that doesn’t happen, the match takes place before the Rumble and an irate Punk attacks number 30 John Cena and wins the match.
So at Mania 29 we don’t get twice in a lifetime, well not exactly as instead we get Punk versus The Rock versus John Cena with Punk winning.

2014 - Daniel Bryan
Yeah kind of going with the obvious choice but he should have won the Rumble.

2015 - Dolph Ziggler
He got rid of the Authority and in this btb they stay gone as a result of Ziggler’s win at Survivor Series 2014. So as a result he wins the match and is added to the match for the WWE WH Championship at Mania 31 but Rollins still cashes in. Ziggler is treated like a proper main eventer going forward.

2016 - Dean Ambrose
As a result Ambrose is the WWE WH Champion going into WrestleMania 32 where he defends the title against Roman Reigns, Triple H and Brock Lesnar and retains.

2017 - Chris Jericho & Bray Wyatt
With co-winners in 2017 and Owens retaining the WWE Universal Championship against Goldberg, we get the two world championship matches we deserved at WM 33.
Kevin Owens versus Chris Jericho for the Universal Championship and Bray Wyatt versus Randy Orton for the WWE Championship. Orton won the title at Elimination Chamber ppv also Lesnar versus Goldberg doesn’t need a world title.

2018 - Shinsuke Nakamura
Keeping this the same but changing the result of the WWE Championship match at WM 34, with Nakamura winning and no obsession with low blows.

2018- Asuka
Keeping this the same but changing the result of the WWE SD Women’s Championship match at WM 34, with Asuka winning.

NO GREATEST ROYAL RUMBLE - BECAUSE SCREW SAUDI ARABIA

2019 - Seth Rollins

Keeping this the same and on the Road to WrestleMania Reigns captures the WWE Universal Championship from Lesnar. So we get one last match with Dean Ambrose in WWE. He is added to the match so that we get the Shield triple threat at WrestleMania 35.

2019 - Becky Lynch
Keeping this the same and she goes onto WrestleMania 35 to challenge Ronda Rousey for the WWE RAW Women’s Championship. I would keep the two belts separate and have a rematch between Asuka(c) and Charlotte Flair with Flair getting the win back from WM 34.

Melbourne Made

Reaction score
2020 - Kofi Kingston
So I am gonna push McIntyre’s win back by a year and give this year’s Rumble to Kofi Kingston. So we get a better end to KofiMania instead of what we got irl.

2020 - Shayna Baszler
She should have won and go onto WM 37 and beaten Becky Lynch for the WWE RAW Women’s Championship.

2021 - Drew McIntyre
McIntyre wins the match instead of Edge’s second win and he can go onto Mania and win a World Championship.

2021 - Bianca Belair
Not changing this at all.

2022 - Kevin Owens
Literally any of the 27 men involved in the match would have been a better winner than Lesnar or McMahon on Bunny. We are also long overdue for another world championship reign for the Prize Fighter.

2022 - Sasha Banks & Charlotte Flair
Similar to the men's, Rousey was the wrong winner in my opinion for the women’s rumble. I would have both Flair and Banks be co-winners and somehow have Bayley involved so that we finally get a Four Horsewomen four way at WM 38 for Lynch’s WWE RAW Women’s Championship.

2023 - Cody Rhodes
Only thing I would change about this is I would have the American Nightmare enter the match earlier, maybe like 15 instead of 30 so it isn’t as obvious.

2023 - Rhea Ripley
Not changing this as I was very happy a fellow aussie got the win. Fingers crossed she beats Flair for the title.