30 Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
30 Rock was renewed today for it's seventh and final season. The season will only be 13 episodes long which will take it up to 138 episodes overall. I was surprised when I heard this news because for so long it had been reported that Baldwin's contract expires this year and that it would only go for six seasons, I am happy that it has another season though because I think that it is a fantastic show.

Thought that we could use this thread to discuss everything to do with 30 Rock. I am a big fan of the show, I didn't start following it right away as it aired infrequently in Australia but once I picked up the DVDs I was hooked. Hilarious show and has maintained it's quality throughout all six seasons.

Any other 30 Rock fans here?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I started watching from season two which was shown on a smaller channel in the UK. Thought it was really freshed, with some very sharp lines and great characters. The cast were pretty much spot on too and the music and preduction values are just wonderful. I soon started collecting the DVD's like Troy.

The show peaked for me in the first three seasons, 4 and 5 were both solid, but lacked the consistacy of those early seasons and in some cases it seemed like they ran out of ideas for some of the supporting characters like Kenneth for example. However Season six has been the best in awhile and I like how 30 Rock is constantly moving with the times and covering comtapory topics. Think maybe six would have been a good number to end at, but as long as the 13 episodes of the seven season are the last then I will be happy. I just don't want the show to go too far past its sell by date and drag out like the Office has.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that in the latter seasons they did focus more on the main four characters and it was a bit disappointing because I really enjoy the extended cast that they have. I can't wait to start watching season six to see what direction they take the show I. I think that six would probably have been enough but hopefully the quality remains high in Season 7. I also hate when shows continue past their expiry date and instead of ending on a high they end with a wimper.