2 Guns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
No.

Being a box office draw makes your asking price go up. Oscar nominations are just bragging rights to validate an insecure persons chosen profession.

Plus I wasn't talking about Wahlberg, he hasn't done Oscar bait since he won one. But he should stop playing cops, even Deniro knew when to stop playing gnagsters.

I was talking about the cop thing as wahlberg.

The oscar statement was in general. And you can't tell me after someone wins an oscar that they don't start demanding more money.

Just read that this movie is based on a comic book.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
There is a thread about the top 10 highest earning actors on the second page and outside of 3, there are no other Oscar winners there.

Oscars get you some sort of hollow respect, but that statue doesn't mean Daniel Day Lewis is going to get paid more than The Rock for a role.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
There is a thread about the top 10 highest earning actors on the second page and outside of 3, there are no other Oscar winners there.

Oscars get you some sort of hollow respect, but that statue doesn't mean Daniel Day Lewis is going to get paid more than The Rock for a role.

I'm not saying it'll make you the highest paid. But it's going to get you more money than you were making before it is all I'm saying. It's not completely meaningless it has value to a point. Being in 8 Blockbusters has much more value yes.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Do actors need to push themselves? Why not make movies that they enjoy and that pay well even if the plot isn't that strong.

First thing I find it odd that people think there is no middle ground between Oscar bait and fun main steam fare.

Why can't they just do something completely different like a Sci-Fi or a wacky black comedy or something. I doubt either's credibility would be hurt even if the movie flopped as both are pretty much made in Hollywood.

To answer Troy's question, why shouldn't they? Surely it would be more fun and interesting for them and something different for the audience.

I don't mind fun action films (sadly they are in short supply nowadays) and like I said I will keep an open mind.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First thing I find it odd that people think there is no middle ground between Oscar bait and fun main steam fare.

Why can't they just do something completely different like a Sci-Fi or a wacky black comedy or something. I doubt either's credibility would be hurt even if the movie flopped as both are pretty much made in Hollywood.

To answer Troy's question, why shouldn't they? Surely it would be more fun and interesting for them and something different for the audience.

I don't mind fun action films (sadly they are in short supply nowadays) and like I said I will keep an open mind.

I am just saying that there is no real need for them to push their boundaries, some actors may really enjoy the one genre and may not be interested in trying out something different. Some may also know their limitations and know that they will fail if they stray too far from what they excel at.