18 vs 111

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Better World Champ?

• Edge

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Ricky Steamboat

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Edge
edgefea.jpg

Edge won the WWE title from John Cena on January 8th 2006 at New Year’s Revolution. He lost the title back on January 29th 2006 at Royal Rumble. He won the title for a second time from Rob Van Dam on July 3rd 2006 on Raw in a triple threat match also involving John Cena. He lost the title to Cena on September 17th at Unforgiven in a TLC Match. He won the World Title from The Undertaker on the May 11th 2007 Smackdown. He vacated the title due to injury on the July 20th 2007 Smackdown. He won his second World Title from Batista on December 16th 2007 at Armageddon in a Triple Threat Match also involving the Undertaker. He lost the title to The Undertaker on March 30th 2008 at Wrestlemania. He won the vacant World Title on June 1st 2008 at One Night Stand by defeating the Undertaker in a TLC Match. He lost the title to CM Punk on June 30th 2008 on Raw. He won his third WWE title from Triple H on November 23rd 2008 at Survivor Series in a triple threat match also involving Vladimir Kozlov. He lost the title to Jeff Hardy on December 14th 2008 at Armageddon. He won the title back on January 25th 2009 at Royal Rumble in a NO DQ match. He lost the title to Triple H on February 15th 2009 at No Way Out in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, The Undertaker and The Big Show. He won his fourth World Title from John Cena on February 15th 2009 at No Way Out in an Elimination Chamber match also involving Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, Mike Knox, and Kane. He lost the title to John Cena in a triple threat match also involving Big Show on April 5th 2009 at Wrestlemania. He won the title back in a Last Man Standing Match on April 26th 2009 at Backlash. He lost the title to Jegg Hardy in a Ladder Match on June 7th 2009 at Extreme Rules. He won his sixth World Title from Kane in a Four Way TLC Match also involving Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio at TLC on December 19th 2010. He was stripped of the Title for using the Spear on the February 18th 2011 Smackdown. He won the title back from newly crowned champion Dolph Ziggler that same night. He vacated the title due to retirement on The April 12th 2011 Smackdown.

Ricky Steamboat
10_steamboat.jpg

Ricky Steamboat won the NWA title from Ric Flair on February 20th 1989 at Chi-Town Rumble. He lost the title back on May 7th 1989 at WrestleWar.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Despite the fact that Edge's reigns weren't that long it is still impressive to hold the belt that many times and add in the fact that he was very entertaining and had some great matches during those reigns overall.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Edge had some excellent title reigns so he gets my vote.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Its crazy that his list of reigns is bigger than his big pic. Probably the biggest thing in this thread.

So yeah I went Rated R with this one... but this comment is PG... Heck yes :p

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Steamboat won the NWA title during the greatest actual wrestling feud ever with him Flair so that is my reasoning for choosing Steamboat here. All of Edge's title reigns were trash.

Gotcha b*tch

Reaction score
I really don't like Edge. I respect him for toughing it through his injuries, but other wrestlers have done that who haven't had anywhere near his success in terms of title wins. Find him annoying and not entertaining. He won the world title way too many times.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Same. I do consider the Flair feud to be one of the greatest ever. Steamboat is one of my favoutie ever wrestlers too. Damn this would have been a great match with both in their primes.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
I went with Edge. Looking at how long his list of title reigns are speaks for itself. He was a great champ and was all around entertaining.

Deuce

Reaction score
Edge was a great champion and Ricky Steamboat was a great wrestler. Edge has my vote in this one even though Steambout is pretty awesome.