▪ The Federation Years ▪ Week 47, 1996 ▪

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Raider Nation

Reaction score
I don't know if you made that video but it was damn good. Very well done.

The good news is on this it will take a lot less time to write your shows.

Reactions: DTP

KingBoggs23

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Sports Team
cJttyo5
Awesome video, now that is a way to get people hyped for a BTB.

I love this time era, so it's going to be a lot of fun to read.

DTP

Reaction score
NwDveWS.png
dH0aA0v.png
yfubRoc.png
EskimhM.png
u8Ik8Cn.png
kkohiAN.png
gzeFXYz.png
ByznIlj.png
vKmgu8Q.png
J1t8FBK.png
OxxFCxf.png
S7BEGQE.png
4uShe0N.png
2wuuFsY.png
AD5w4Wf.png
M8lJy7c.png
0qSms93.png
nqLK8kt.png

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
Oh man, this timeframe is right up my alley. Such an awesome time period, almost unlimited avenues to explore character changes and new talent coming in with different gimmicks to in real life. Pumped for this. Good luck mate.

• Love

Stojy

Reaction score
Can’t fault you for opening the show exactly the same way as the way they did in real life. This was just purely a hit. Mankind/Austin tore the house down, and the character work of the longer Austin here, being ungrateful and starting a brawl with Undertaker as well was awesome.

“YOU GUBBA DOB” is all I really think about when Ahmed Johnson starts chanting you’re going down. Anyway, solid segment here with Ahmed ready to be back and Faarooq not being content with Monsoon’s decision making. A fine segment for this feud to kick start again now Ahmed is back.. PS, please don’t have Ahmed join the nation.

Thumbs up for Shawn Michaels not being at Raw tonight. Sells the importance of Jose Lothario so when Michaels’ comes back next week he can be pissed.

Furnas and LaFon continuing their momentum from SS with another win here is the right thing to do. The tag champs watching on says we’ve got a ready made match here for when you’re ready to pull the trigger. Considering the new team has only just debuted, Owen and Bulldog saying they need to earn it could be a fun angle to explore for awhile. Also thumbs up, because as much as Fake Diesel and Razor were average, at least they were an actual team. Much better choice of opponents than Holly and Cassidy.

Much like the above, capitalizing on his momentum with another win here for The Rock is the right thing to do. The little moment there with Triple H and Perfect has me excited, even if they probably won’t be capable of having a high class match which each other for another three years.

Backlund cutting a promo on Sunny’s lifestyle is amazing. More big words from Backlund please. Sunny winning here in the karate fighters tournament is good because we all want to see Sunny vs. Sable.

Glad you put Billy over Bart here. Definitely the guy with a bigger future in this BTB. A reverse on the potential injury angle they ran in real life by the looks of things? Hopefully you actually follow up on it, not like IRL.

Can’t complain with closing the show with Sid. Promo pretty similar to real life, recapping SS and then focusing in on Bret. Am obviously really intrigued by the appearance of the Bulldog here demanding a title shot. Probably doesn’t have a lot of merit at this point, but it’s certainly different.

….

A win here has me hopeful you’ll do something with Flash Funk. Character isn’t the best but the guy could go.

I remember thinking the Rumble at the Alamo was such a terrible decision haha. Anyway, clips from the announcement is fine. Key takeouts are that Shawn will get his title rematch, and the little dig from Bret at Shawn has my attention.

Crush squashing Taylor is fine. What I gathered here is based off the comments, he could be the first obstacle for Ahmed to overcome on the path to getting hands on Faarooq.

Owens promo was solid enough, hyping tag title feud as well as upcoming match with Bret.

I love these little rapid fire promos hyping future matches. Bret/Bulldog on Raw should be fun.

The Sultan squash. Meh. Didn’t like character, and Rikishi never really delivered as a heel. With that being said, the WWE never really explored some of the stuff you could do with Sheik and Backlund. Hoping you do something fun in this space.

Forgot how many debuts were happening around this time. Headbangers should be a solid addition as opposed to the tag teams that dominated the scene in most of 96.

I can’t remember if the tongueless thing was talked about in real life, or if you just added it in when it comes to The Sultant. Adds some mystique though which is a positive. I doubt Sultant gets in the IC title scene whilst Triple H is still champ.

The real question surrounding the main event is did with my baby tonight get a sing? That song equals ratings… A good win for JJ here really, even if it was a flash pin. The Stalker watching on adds some intrigue as well.

Raw and Superstars back in this time were still relatively tame, so it seems we won’t get a lot of “omg best show ever” in here for weeklies anytime soon. With that being said though, week one is off to a solid start, with all things touched on seemingly progressing well and in the right direction.

Mach

Reaction score
Have to say the layout of this is just incredible looks so unique compared to anything else in the site.

Very intrigued by the idea of Macho Man returning to this iteration of the WWF. He could still go in 97 so there’s a lot of top stars he could still work with very well.

Looking forward to see how you integrate the AAA talent in the rumble and who’s the champ heading into the big event.

• Love

Stojy

Reaction score
The big news pieces here are Randy Savage potentially being interested in coming back to WWF, which I don't think will happen, and Mr. Perfect rejecting WCW's offer which I'm assuming already happened.

Detail you go into to even include tour/house show results is very much appreciated. Unmatched detail, great stuff.

• Love