‘Bigfoot’ Silva plans to sue doctor following positive test: ‘I felt like a lab rat’[

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Antonio Silva tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone following his five-round war with Mark Hunt at UFC Fight Night 33, but he feels he’s not at fault.

One day after UFC announced that Silva will be suspended for nine months and will have to forfeit his Fight of the Night bonus, the Brazilian spoke to MMAFighting.com about the case. "Bigfoot" believes he’s not guilty, and he plans to sue Dr. Marcio Tannure for his post-fight drug test result.

Silva received a testosterone replacement therapy therapeutic use exemption for his fight in Australia, and Dr. Tannure, who is also the medical director of Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) and runs all the medical situations during UFC events in the country, including drug tests, was the one responsible for his pre-fight exams.

"I just did what they told me to do," Silva told MMAFighting.com. "I’d never do something different that what the doctor told me to. I looked for a doctor with a good reputation, and he’s the UFC’s doctor in Brazil. I knew I’d be tested before and after the fight. Unfortunately, now I have to find the legal ways to overturn this situation or at least prove I’m not guilty."

According to a post on Silva’s official Facebook page, Dr. Tannure sent him an e-mail on Nov. 30 saying that his "levels are still low" and he should "start taking one shot per week" to see how it would be "on the next test." However, Silva's fight was a week after that day.

"I took a shot at the same day he sent me that e-mail, and he asked me if I had another one to take with me to Australia, to take on fight week," he said. "He authorized everything. I did exactly as I was informed to do.

"You go get help with a doctor, you do the right thing, and now this story tarnishes my professional career," he continued. "It tarnishes the great fight I did with Mark Hunt, and gave me a huge financial loss. The doctor knows that I cut weight, he knows how the body of a MMA fighter reacts. He should know at what level I would be with one shot. I felt like a lab rat. I did everything I was told to do and now I’m the cheater."

Multiple attempts were made to reach Dr. Tannure to get his comments, but they were unsuccessful.

Silva plans to sue Dr. Tannure, but first he will redo all his pre-fight routines to show how his exams should have looked like.

"I’ll take the exact dosage I took, the exact timetable, and will get a doctor here in the U.S. and a doctor in Brazil to show to the fans that this is horrible for my career and the sport," he said. "I want to prove that it was not my fault. When I have all the exams from both doctors, I want to sue (Dr. Tannure) for the moral and financial prejudice that he has caused me."

Silva will have shoulder surgery and plans to start rehab "as soon as possible," but he doesn’t know yet if he’ll continue using TRT for his next UFC fights.

"It’s up to the UFC, I don’t know what’s going to happen," he said. "If they allow me to, I want to continue, but now with a doctor that won’t give me any problems. I want to continue the treatment because it’s good for my personal life and my career as well. If you know what acromegaly is, you know what I have. My hormonal levels are not normal, my testosterone is too low, and I want to be on normal levels.

"I thought about a thousand things since this all happened," he continued. "I considered leaving the sport because of these unfair things, but I don’t give up that easily. I have to show that it was not my fault."
Hard what to think in these situations as even though his reasoning sounds believable and that he was hard done by, you then just think he's saying these things to save face and pass the buck.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Re: ‘Bigfoot’ Silva plans to sue doctor following positive test: ‘I felt like a lab rat’[ I felt like a lab r

I'm almost tempted to believe him in this. But I do have to say that it sucks that this happened cause that fight that he had was top notch with Hunt. And it does take away from it.

So yeah.. I'm hoping that he is innocent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Re: ‘Bigfoot’ Silva plans to sue doctor following positive test: ‘I felt like a lab rat’[ I felt like a lab r

That fight was great, I honestly don't give a fuck what he did to deliver that fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
TRT/Roids in MMA is silly, or at least punishing it is. They'd catch 1% of the guys actually abusing the system with their beyond lazy methods. Everyone knows in advance when they'll be tested so they just cycle their roids to suit.

But as for BigFoot, the mere fact he wants to sue the doctor makes me believe him, when Overeem and all the other blame the doctor roiders get caught they dont take it any further. But if a doctor legit injected you with steroids or upped your TRT dose to much and a sa result you lost money, were branded a cheater and were suspended surely you'd do as BigFoot is doing here.

But his Gigantism makes him a more legit TRT user than anyone else, they're just using it because they roided when they were younger and ruined their bodys. TRT/steroids is used to treat Gigantism and give the person a better quality of life.