‘Tremors’ Remake Still Rumbling At Universal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
There’s been talk of a fifth Tremors, and possibly a reboot, since back in 2008. Now, it seems, Universal is readying the ground-shaking remake.

Don Michael Paul, who helmed both Lake Placid: The Final Chapter and Jarhead 2: Field of Fire, revealed on his blog that he’s already set to get behind the camera for a modern day Tremors.
After I finish up “Company Of Heroes: The Fourth Reich†I will be headed to Johannesburg, South Africa to reboot the “Tremors†franchise for Universal. Big year ahead and I’m excited to keep it going with the support of all you genre movie lovers out there.

I’ve never been anti-remake, although I prefer one that attempts something new. Tremors is sort of a perfect franchise to reboot, as the sequels really trailed off into crap, and with new technology, a revamp could be just what the doctor ordered.

The franchise is surprisingly nearing its 25th anniversary as it was released back in 1990 under the direction of Ron Underwood. In it, natives of a small isolated town – starring Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward and Finn Carter – defend themselves against strange underground creatures which are killing them one by one.

If the reboot/remake makes me forget about the sequels and does a better job ok but Bacon better have a role in this.

Swinny

Reaction score
I'd be interested to see what they do with a remake. Hope they don't go CGI heavy with it though because I don't think that would work.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'd love a reboot sequel to the original that erases the other sequels and has Kevin Bacon back. Tremors ruled so much.

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I'd love a reboot sequel to the original that erases the other sequels and has Kevin Bacon back. Tremors ruled so much.

I doubt they'll get Kevin Bacon, but it would be awesome f they did.

Never saw the STV sequels (Though if they're as bad as Cas says, then boy I'm glad I did). The original was so much fun. If the reboot can capture the tone of the original (not too lighthearted; not overly dark), then I'm in.

Swinny

Reaction score
Kevin Bacon seems like the type of dude who would gladly do it if they came and asked him.

Would be awesome... if he was one of the graboids! Major plot twist!

Tremors, a film by M. Night Shyamalan.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Hang on a minute, there was a Jarhead sequel? Why?

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Hang on a minute, there was a Jarhead sequel? Why?

They made a sequel to virtually every movie ever filmed...Well, not all of them, but it's still an impressive number of films got a followup.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
They made a sequel to virtually every movie ever filmed...Well, not all of them, but it's still an impressive number of films got a followup.

But.... It's based on someone's memoirs, how can this be possible :-(

Sorry, it's one of my favourite films of all time and even I don't wanna sequel from it.

Swinny

Reaction score
But.... It's based on someone's memoirs, how can this be possible :-(

Sorry, it's one of my favourite films of all time and even I don't wanna sequel from it.

Probably from having nothing to do with the original and being a generic war movie.

I haven't seen it, but I feel like I'm probably not far off on that assumption.