Ziggler Needs A Change

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'm as big as a Dolph Ziggler fan as any smart fan. He's fantastic in the ring and continues to improve on the mic. My issue with Dolph is that booking has really hurt him recently and I'm not sure if WWE has any clue what they are doing with him right now. The crowd is clearly cheering him half the time, so it's clear that Ziggler isn't ever going to be a major heel. The crowd wants him to succeed, why do they continue to force feed him as a heel? AJ and Big E Langston have done nothing for him as well. AJ isn't believable as a heel and Big E Langston is the most non-intimidating big guy that I've ever seen since Bobby Lashley. They've tried to have him talk and he sounds like a 17 year old. It's a bad combination and it has hurt Dolph's buzz a bit. He was on a roll, now he's back to just floating around.

I know he'll do something big eventually, but right now he's in a bad spot and needs to turn face. He could be a mega star as a face and doesn't need any manager or stable. I haven't seen any main eventer or upper mid carder be abused like this since Christian in 2005 or CM Punk in 2010. What do you guys think?

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
My screenname should tell you everything about how I feel about Zigs and I couldn't agree with you more.... I just don't understand why they did the super smart thing of seperating him from Vickie and then immediately stuck him with AJ (who is far less affective than Vickie) and then through him a bodyguard who just does nothing but make me want to change the channel..... I don't know that he definitely needs to turn face, but he definitely needs to move away from those 2... Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude are perfect examples, besides the obvious similarities with Ziggler, of how you start a guy with a heat magnet of a manager, build them up to a point and then let their own cocky egocentric Heel persona take over.... yet another example of WWE messing up what should have been easy booking

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Dolph can be a top heel but only if he'd stay with Vickie or a different manager that would speak for him because let's just be perfectly honest. Since he's doing this "I steal the show every single night" thing, he's horrible on the mic. Yes, eat me up but everytime he's being interviewed or he's cutting a promo he's all like "I'm better than you and when the time comes, I'll do what I do best, I'll steal the show like every single time I'm in the ring wrestling somebody!" It annoys the fuck out of me especially when Dolph does this because we all know he can do better. I say let's just cut Big E and AJ. I'd be cool with Big E being his bodyguard but they should've not allowed him to talk. He just needs to stand there with his arms crossed and his mouth shut. AJ? Seriously. AJ is a terrible heel and when you take a top notch superstar like Ziggler and give him a terrible heel diva and a black bodyguard who wants to talk you get a really bad combo. First of all...why is AJ even with Dolph? Yes, because WWE couldn't let Ziggler defeat Cena clean. They had to do this thing and when it was all done, AJ had to stay with Ziggler because there was no other way they could explain AJ getting involved.

There's no need to turn him face. If he'd turn face, I think he'd turn out just like The Miz did...horrible. Well, maybe a bit better but Ziggler has everything a good heel superstar needs to have. It's simple. Let him break away from Big E and AJ. How? AJ wants to help Ziggler but it turns around and she costs him a match or whatever. Then you can have him just walk away from Big E and AJ. AJ could stay managing Big E. Yeah, throw him into the midcard and have AJ as his manager. We'll have everything sorted out. AJ and Big E away from our television screens and a great heel superstar on our television screens. Tadaaaa.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Dolph should stay heel, he's probably the most fun to watch get their ass kicked and tossed around. He's played the archetypical cocky heel throughout his almost all of his career but he just has the perfect look and feel for it.

And I agree with AJ and Langston being almost detrimental to Ziggler's rise. I really thought WWE were finally ready to let the guy go solo when they broke him away from Vickie. WWE need to let him ride without the training wheels a little bit before they slot him in the main events, if Dolph is still in the process of finding himself while he's champion then the reign will be a flop.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ziggler is being poised to steal the world title at WM. I don't see why he needs to change anything, he is over from a smark perspective, and when he actually starts using AJ and Big E for what they are supposed to be used for, it will make him even more.

Patience, shit don't happen for minor characters until after Mania.

Ziggler is being poised to steal the world title at WM. I don't see why he needs to change anything, he is over from a smark perspective, and when he actually starts using AJ and Big E for what they are supposed to be used for, it will make him even more.

Patience, shit don't happen for minor characters until after Mania.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The crowd is clearly cheering him half the time, so it's clear that Ziggler isn't ever going to be a major heel. The crowd wants him to succeed, why do they continue to force feed him as a heel?
Come on man, could you over exaggerate it anymore? Let's not act like it's the whole arena cheering for him when it's clear as day a handful of smarks more concerned with getting their chants heard than getting their guy over. Like if you're actually a fan of the guy, why the fuck would you not do your darnedest to get the rest of the arena booing along with you so that the powers that be will actually take notice of the boos.

He's just too much of a cool heel, except I don't find anything about his shtick cool. Very good in the ring, decent on the mic but not even close to being World Title material yet.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He's a midcarder getting booked as a midcarder, no big deal.

I won't even go into OP's stupid claims about him having superstar face potential or CM Punk being 'abused' in 2010.

Nerotheory

Reaction score
While i agree there wasting him by putting him with AJ and Big. I gotta say that Dolph is being booked fairly good except i think he needs to win more then lose. Fact is at Mania Dolph most likely will cash in and win the word title. Probably wont hold it real long but i think he will be a multi time champ win he leaves the WWE.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest, AJ can draw heat. Big E? Pffft.. Another Ezekiel Jackson in the making. Shitcan him and let Dolph run. Make AJ a "minimal speaking" valet who really only just helps Ziggler win during matches.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I don't think he needs much of a change, I just don't think they've pulled the trigger completely on him yet. I think once they do, he will be fine. He's already in the upper mid card and when he cashes in, I think they will make it work.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I've never seen Ziggler get a big enough reaction as a heel as other villanous characters have during their respective reigns, like say Cena, Jericho or Orton, where it was unclear as to whether they were a heel or a face.

For some reason, even though I initially thought Orton or Henry would have won the chamber and gone on to win the title, I'm thinking post WM 29 we will see a Jericho vs Ziggler feud for the title.

I don't mind AJ. Big E irks me a little too though, yeah.