Zack Snyder preparing a Star Wars film

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Zack Snyder Preps Non-Trilogy Star Wars Film -- Vulture

It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers.

Guy from that site said:
Why not just create a new brand? Just tagging the Star Wars name onto it because it guarantees $$$. Other non-trilogy movie ideas that can leverage the Star Wars brand while not actually being about Star Wars:

How to Lose a Guy in 12 Parsecs - Kate Hudson tries to push away her amorous co-pilot, who wants to add some snuggling to their smuggling, only coming to realize to late that she had already fallen for him.

The Girl With The Sarlacc Tattoo - A Space Journalist is drawn into the seedy Tattooine underworld, where he is assisted in his search for a missing hyperdrive-fortune heiress by an enigmatic young female bounty hunter with secrets of her own.

A Game of Drones - An environmental surveyor on the ice planet Hoth teaches one of his probe droids to bluff in poker, with unforeseen and disastrous consequences.

Harry Potter and the Star Wars - Harry Potter and friends must fight a resurrected Lord Voldemort in outer space, recently discovered by wizards, with unforeseen and disastrous consequences.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea. Every director worth their salt probably has a Star Wars idea they'd love to do in a one-off film.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I've usually been a fan of Snyders, so if he did this, I'd be pretty pleased. But my God! They have a shit ton of books they can take from, why go after a completely different story?

Ozymandias

Reaction score
It's a tough one, cause you're right about the EU, I'd personally love to see Rogue Squadron made into a film, or better yet a TV series but at the same time you can imagine directors all want to tell their own story. I know Kevin Smith has been saying for years that he wanted to do a stand alone Boba Fett movie, I'd imagine if he gets the chance it'd be an original story too.

I'm just praying for del Toro or Tarantino to announce they're doing their own Star Wars film.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Snyder and Star Wars? Yep theres a match made in heaven lol.