You're FIRED!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Normally after WrestleMania WWE fire talent and start fresh. With WWE's recent poor financial results there is talk that quite a few guys will be cut. Besides wrestlers there is meant to be a cut in behind the scenes and office staff as well. So with that news who do you think will be fired?

RAW
David Hart Smith - This guy is never used and if they haven't used him now they never will. Release him, let him go to ROH or wherever and give him a year or two to improve himself.
Goldust - This is more of a guy retiring rather than being fired. He is still injured and whilst I like the guy I think he will retire rather than being fired
The Uso's - I don't think that this should happen but I think it will. WWE could use these guys in a rebuilt tag team division but WWE hates tag teams atm.
Michael Tarver - Expendable guy who isn't going to be a main player. They need to drop some of the NXT people since they brough too many up.
Primo - Hasn't been used as often as possible and again if WWE cared about tag teams he and Ryder should be featured regularly on RAW.
Tyson Kidd - I think he might be safe but I am not sure if he will survive a big cut

Smackdown
Curt Hawkins - As a tag team with Baretta he could be useful but as a singles wrestler he will be cut
JTG - Has no chance as a singles wrestler so will be cut
Trent Barreta - Again as a singles wrestler he has no chance
Tyler Reks -I have no idea why he was brought back. He will certainly be cut.

Divas
Alicia Fox - Can't believe she once won the title. She is not better than most of the divas and should go.
Tamina - Doesn't even wrestle and does nothing as a manager
Kaitlyn - No idea why she won NXT. Done nothing since winning it and should be fired.
Rosa Mendes - This is another certainty to be fired. Done nothing in recent months.

FCW/NXT
Eli Cottonwood - Failed on NXT and if he can't make it there then he should be fired to free up a spot on the roster.
Jacob Novak - Bland guy on NXT and just doesn't have that spark
Conor O'Brian - Another guy who just doesn't have what it takes.

Your thoughts on my list and who you think will go?

Aniking

Reaction score
Well apparently the WWE are likely to cut 12 to 14 mid-card superstars from around April 24th, although with Edge retiring that number could go down by one. I've listed 20 superstars who I think would be considered to be released and what I think about it:

RAW
David Hart Smith - He very rarely appears anymore, so his spot on the roster is under jeopardy. He's only 25 and he's good in the ring.
Would I release him? No.

Evan Bourne - Although he's entertaining, it's obvious his size is his main downfall. It's not often we see Bourne win let alone wrestle regularly, even before his injury.
Would I release him? Yes.

Goldust - He said recently that he's retiring soon, so I'd rather see that happen than him being released. He appeared on RAW backstage out of character when applauding Edge after his speech, so he'd have to already be there for a different reason if he's injured.
Would I release him? At 42, I'd personally have him "retire" like they did with Finlay.

Mark Henry - At 39, Henry probably doesn't have long left, but he is often used regularly on RAW so his spot isn't really wasted.
Would I release him? No.

Michael Tarver - He has been sent back to FCW, which is why he hasn't really returned from his injury, so I assume the WWE might have something else planned for him.
Would I release him? No.

Primo - This guy rarely appears anymore, and if he does than it's on Superstars. He may be entertaining when inside the ring, but he is never used.

Ted DiBiase Jr - Although DiBiase makes regular appearances, he loses every single time. I want to see his win/loss record from the past 6 months.
Would I release him? No.

The Great Khali - He is 38 and doesn't wrestle often, instead only appearing in stupid segments that are meant to be funny/entertaining.

Tyson Kidd - It's hard to believe that this guy is 30, it feels as if he's much younger than that. He's good in the ring but is only used on Superstars, losing most of the time.

The Usos - They're pretty much the only actual tag team in the company and they don't wrestle very often.
Would I release them? No.

Vladimir Kozlov - Another 38 year old that's only around to do funny/entertaining segments, although he wrestles occasionally.

William Regal - He doesn't wrestle anymore and that likely won't change in the near future. He has been doing a pretty good job at the announce table on NXT.
Would I release him? No, keep him on commentary.

Yoshi Tatsu - Believe it or not, Tatsu is 33 years old. He doesn't wrestle often and is only around for those funny/entertaining segments and probably because he's Japanese.

Zack Ryder - Unfortunately he isn't used often, even on Superstars. He's only 25 years old and is good in the ring and on the mic.
Would I release him? No.

Smackdown
Chavo Guerrero - He is 40 years old and doesn't wrestle anymore.
Would I release him? No, he would come under the same banner as Goldust.

Curt Hawkins - He doesn't wrestle very often, but when he does it's on Superstars. In my opinion, he's not used properly.
Would I release him? No.

JTG - Since Cryme Tyme split, JTG is rarely seen anymore and that has been going on for quite some time. He's good in the ring but his size is his main downfall.

Trent Barreta - Am I the only one that sees potential in this guy? He's the second youngest on the WWE roster and can wrestle well, as well as being great on the mic. There's a reason why Caylen Croft was released and not Barreta.
Would I release him? No.

Tyler Reks - He isn't that bad of a wrestler, but his gimmick limits him from any mic time. Doesn't make many appearances and if he does than it's on Superstars.
Would I release him? Yes.​

As for the FCW guys, I really cannot tell as we don't actually know who the majority of them are. I just hope that Eli Cottonwood and Jacob Novak get let go as they've shown they don't have what it takes to make it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
AK you're not the only one who sees potential in Barretta. He is such a great young talent and great in the ring....hope he doesn't go.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Also, I would not release TGK. He may be awful but he's a huge draw for the WWE in india.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Kidd and Baretta are the only two on Troy's list I hope don't go.

As for Aniking's list add Bourne, DiBiase, Regal, Tatsu, Ryder and Chavo.

The rest I'd say cut if you need to.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Who I'd Release And Why?

DH Smith - Obviously, he's bland and boring. There's something about him I don't like... he needs something fresh, a gimmick change or something, being patriotic about Canada... Hell he'd go far if he had something decent.

Goldust - He's retiring, so off he goes.

Husky Harris / McGillicutty / Ryan / Tarver (NEXUS) - Why the hell are these guys back? I mean come on, these guys aren't entertaining in the ring like 'The Corre'... release them I say!

The Uso's - This one is unfortunate... unless WWE fixes the tag team, add Zack N Primo. Have Sin Cara or Bryan with Bourne and boom, we've got a watchable tag division.

Vladimir Kozlov - Even though he's tagging with Santino, Vladimir has no charisma and sucks on the mic... also his wrestling style is quite poor. I'd have Santino go solo, perhaps challenge for the US Title... We do need contenders for that kind of stuff!

William Regal - Don't fire him, but have him be the General Manager.

Tyler Reks - Since this dude returned, he's became boring... what exactly is his gimmick?

With Smackdown, Tyler would be the only one going... I see potential in the rest. Perhaps work on the US/IC Scene, throw a few random tag teams together or bring up a few FCW guys who actually tag... I wouldn't mind Primo and his cousin tagging up. Ryder could easily go solo, he's got potential.

if only WWE could see what I see

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I forgot about Kozlov, he is almost a certainty to be fired especially when you look at recent events. He was removed from the WrestleMania card after he was "injured" then he didn't even come out ringside to recent matches involving his tag team partner Santino. He is one that won't be missed and I think that WWE got everything they could out of him during the past few years.