Your Hopes For WWE in 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Basically just a spin off of Darth Shizzel's prediction thread where you tell us what you hope happens during 2012 whether it be someone getting pushed up the card, someone winning a title or just certain guys feuding.

I'll let you guys start yours then I'll add mine 2morra

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Like I said in the other thread, I hope Dolph Ziggler picks up the WWE Title. But I wouldn't place a bet on it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I hope Cody Rhodes becomes World Heavyweight Champion and Intercontinental Champion simultaneously. I hope Drew McIntyre becomes US/Intercontinental Champion. I hope Orton stays out of the title picture and uses his star power to put fresh talent over. I hope Maxine continues to wear her hot attire and wins the divas title. I hope Hornswoggle gets owned by Brodus Clay. I hope Matt Striker returns to commentary and Jerry Lawler retires.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I hope Drew keeps his job so I don't have to go on a tirade.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
One hope when it comes to Punk is just that they keep giving him situations to have great high level feuds whether he is the champion or not. Think it's very important that he doesn't have any meaningless feuds while being one of the top guys in the company. Another hope is that Kofi gets to do something productive rather than fall into being lost in the shuffle which seems he is destined for thanks to the Air Boom situation. Another one off the top of my head is WWE giving the divas a legit shot at actually doing something other than 45 second random tag matches and shit but I'm not even gonna get my hopes up too much on that obviously.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I'll do my quick top 10 predictions that can happen but some may be a stretch.

1. CM Punk has a lengthy reign till at least Mania. Probably Over The Limit have him drop it (Extreme Rules is in his hometown). Let him drop it to Ziggler or Miz (would prefer Ziggler) but one of those heels would be great.

2. Drew McIntyre becomes relevant again and I mean by actually winning matches. I'm happy that he's finally being noticed but something needs to happen with him.

3. Dolph Ziggler and Wade Barrett will break out for the main championships on the respective brands. They are the best young stars right now (sorry Rhodes) and deserve to be main figures on the brand.

4. Speaking of Rhodes, I do think he should be a main event guy but I need to see him in more feuds. Barrett and Ziggler have big time experience in long feuds while Rhodes doesn't have many memorable feuds. In the pecking order, Rhodes is below the other two. A nice few big feuds and Rhodes will be a huge hit.

5. Curt Hawkins finally becomes relevant too and wins the tag team championship with Tyler Reks. Reks is pretty talented even though his mic work is pretty weak. Hawkins has impressive talent and needs some time to show it on the main shows.

6. RVD finally returns and gets some nice feuds, possibly even feuding with Rhodes in the future.

7. Randy Orton will get his Wrestlemania moment by beating Daniel Bryan. Orton never had his moment yet of winning the title at Mania and he will do that against Bryan. Then the IWC will blow up.

8. Ted DiBiase will win a singles title. I'm not big on his gimmick and still find him stale, but it's clear that he's starting to get over and will get a mid card title at some point.

9. Kofi Kingston will turn heel. 2011 was the year of the great heel turns like Henry and R-Truth. Kofi needs a character switch desperately because he'll be a face for over 3 years soon. They need to give him a chance because he has the charisma to do it. People may be pessimistic but then again most people thought that R-Truth wouldn't do well as a heel. Then he became an amazing heel and was praised.

10. The last one will be that Smackdown finally goes to Tuesday. That seems like a long shot, but i have faith.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Big Red Miz Punk:

Don't know how long you have been watching but Orton has not only won the WWE Title at WM, he retained it. Against both Cena and HHH. Which is top honors. Go back and watch WM 24, It was a dandi.

Reactions: 1 person

AF.

Reaction score
Same thing I hope and never receive year after year; a better product.

I'd also like to see matches planned in advance to the PPV, and built accordingly. I'd like the WWE to make its PPV's seem like a big deal.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
- A better product and writing, WWE need to let some of the guys be themselves and go out there and cut cutting edge promos like Steve Austin did.

- As much as blood isn't needed, it'd make a lot of matches more realistic and a better watch. Especially "No DQ" matches, TLC is just fucking dumb without blood.

- Bring in some guys that are out of contract at TNA or even return guys for another match such as Brock Lesnar & Steve Austin by the end of the year or early 2013. Bring in Batista as a weekly competitor too.

- Wade Barrett and Cody Rhodes hopefully get a WHC run.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Big Red Miz Punk:

Don't know how long you have been watching but Orton has not only won the WWE Title at WM, he retained it. Against both Cena and HHH. Which is top honors. Go back and watch WM 24, It was a dandi.

I'm pretty sure Orton never won the title at Mania. He only retained it which is cool. This would be different.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Quick 5
1. Put the belts on Ziggler and Sheamus at some point.
2. Continue the slow build for Rhodes and make him 2013's biggest star.
3. Keep Punk in the title scene/ upper midcard after he loses the belt.
4. Don't depend on The Rock after Mania
5. Cut loose 5-10 guys that are never used, or use them. I'd be fine with either.

Deuce

Reaction score
5 things I'd like to see happen in 2012

1. Miz, Sheamus or Kane to become WWE champion.
2. Ted DiBiase jr. becomes a main event superstar
3. 3D go back to the WWE
4. AJ Lee becomes one of the WWE's top Divas
5. Randy Orton loses to a jobber which ends up giving the jobber a push.