Your favourite Guilty Pleasure movies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You know those films which are so bad they are actually quite good or are so cheesy you just love them or just movies which have special place in the heart from your childhood etc.

My list

1, The Karate Kid (1984)
2. The Goonies
3. Romy and Michelle's Highschool Reunion
4. Wild Things
5. Labyrinth
6. Miss Congeniality
7. Demolition Man
8. The Spy Who Loved Me
9. Police Academy 2
10. Urban Legend

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Troll 2

[video=youtube;9KCct4RwLNM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KCct4RwLNM[/video]

[video=youtube;HyophYBP_w4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4[/video]

Pete

Reaction score
- Rebound (Martin Lawrence comedy) and most other kiddie sports comedies.
- Rush Hour trilogy
- Home Alone.

I'd also say films like Wayne's World and Bill and Ted, but those aren't guilty - just pleasures.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The two that come to mind right away are Universal Soldier and Universal Soldier:The Return. I know that these aren't cimematic masterpieces but I enjoy watching them again and again. I haven't actually watched the third film Universal Solier:Regeneration so I will have to find that and check it out.

I am a Rush Hour fan as well, really enjoyed the first two and found the third to be a bit disappointing. Haven't watched them in years though so I may have to get the DVDs out this week and rewatch them.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Every Troma movie is a guilty pleasure, but to name a few...

Father's Day
Fatty Drives The Bus
Tromeo & Juliette
Terror Firmer
Blood Sucking Freaks
Toxic Avenger
Class of Nukem High
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD
Tales from the Crapper

Some non-Troma movies I would have to call Guilty Pleasures...

Grave Mistake
Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave
Daredevil
Elektra
Postal
Airheads

Pete

Reaction score
I watched Tromeo & Juliet as a teenager, I remember feeling edgy and indie and rebellious and OMG LESBIAN SEX SCENE!!!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I am never guilty over what I enjoy.

If I like a movie, I will let everyone know.

Except for pronz.....guilty pleasure in the most literal way possible.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
ThanksKilling.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Every Troma movie is a guilty pleasure, but to name a few...

Father's Day
Fatty Drives The Bus
Tromeo & Juliette
Terror Firmer
Blood Sucking Freaks
Toxic Avenger
Class of Nukem High
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD
Tales from the Crapper

Some non-Troma movies I would have to call Guilty Pleasures...

Grave Mistake
Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave
Daredevil
Elektra
Postal
Airheads

Is that the one with Billy Crystal, Robin Williams and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss?

Thought you might go the b-movie route with most of you choices some how lol.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
^ Father's Day is the one made by Astron-6, with Adams Brooks & Matthew Kennedy. Cant wait for Manborg.

I love the campy movies that most others wouldnt like at all, it would actually be impossible for me to list them all, but this thread is right up my alley.

Pete

Reaction score
^ Father's Day is the one made by Astron-6, with Adams Brooks & Matthew Kennedy. Cant wait for Manborg.

I love the campy movies that most others wouldnt like at all, it would actually be impossible for me to list them all, but this thread is right up my alley.

I'm curious to know what you think of modern-day spoofs of B-Movies, such as Lesbian Vampire Killers and Zombie Strippers, which are tongue-in-cheek and cheesy on purpose, rather than due to lack of means.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Zombie Strippers & Zombies Zombies Zombies Strippers Vs. Zombies(I watched both in the same day, and cant tell what movie was what) were enjoyable. The one with Englund, Ortiz, & Jameson was actually the worst of the 2. The other had alot more humour to it, and wasnt trying to make zombies look hot.

Was Lesbian Vampire Killers the one that ended with the Gay Werewolf?... maybe I watch too many b-movies.

Anyways, I like cheese & camp and could care less if its done on purpose, or by way of lack of funds, a movie that does not try to take itself too seriously and just tries to entertain is all I ask for. Such as Uwe Bohl's Postal, the budget was there that it could have been this huge special effects fan service, but they didnt take it seriously(which was a great way of playing off the videogame), and even had Uwe in the movie making fun of himself, and his other videogame movies. I know alot of people who have overlooked this film because Uwe is known as a horrible director, but after watching Postal I had a new appreciation for him, and found the humour in House of the Dead & Bloodrayne.

Pete

Reaction score
Can't remember the end of LVK, it's British I believe. I watched the Jenna Jameson Zombie Strippers and enjoyed it, it was suitably "WTF" and I didn't even mind the perversions to the mythos (which I usually am a stickler for, see: Twilight, Day of The Dead remake).

BTW I bet you love the pre-LoTR Peter Jackson oeuvre ;)

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Dead Alive? Gotta love Simerian Rat Monkeys.

I think the LVK is the same one I am thinking of, the final scene was a sillouhette of a werewolf howling at the moon, with a limp wrist.

When it comes to zombies, the Romero zombie is a bastardization of the mythos, as the "Voodoo Zombie" is the longest running zombie mythos. Also, since there are many ways that zombies could be brought back(No room left in hell, man made virus, radioactive meteors, etc) it leaves alot of ways they could vary. A typical Romero is a slow shambling wreck with rigormortis, while your 28 days later doesnt even kill the host, so they can remain at top physical conditioning, then your Kirkman/Walking Dead zombies feed off both of these in a way, at the beginning a walker is still fairly quick as rigormortis has yet to set in, but they become the slow brooding zombies Romero made famous as time goes on.

Even Bram Stoker bastardized the vampyre for Dracula. And I cant blame Twilight for something that Buffy the Vampire Slayer started.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Dead Alive? Gotta love Simerian Rat Monkeys.

I think the LVK is the same one I am thinking of, the final scene was a sillouhette of a werewolf howling at the moon, with a limp wrist.

When it comes to zombies, the Romero zombie is a bastardization of the mythos, as the "Voodoo Zombie" is the longest running zombie mythos. Also, since there are many ways that zombies could be brought back(No room left in hell, man made virus, radioactive meteors, etc) it leaves alot of ways they could vary. A typical Romero is a slow shambling wreck with rigormortis, while your 28 days later doesnt even kill the host, so they can remain at top physical conditioning, then your Kirkman/Walking Dead zombies feed off both of these in a way, at the beginning a walker is still fairly quick as rigormortis has yet to set in, but they become the slow brooding zombies Romero made famous as time goes on.

Even Bram Stoker bastardized the vampyre for Dracula. And I cant blame Twilight for something that Buffy the Vampire Slayer started.

Yeah but if you going to do something which has always been done either do it better or at least match it, Twilight came no where near Buffy and actually I don't see that much of a link, one is a sharply written, entertaining cult TV show with great character depth and the other is a broading, romantic blockbuster which works for a nietch audience but not for many outside it.