WWE vs AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Just an honest discussion here, guys, looking for some good reasoning, I am generally interested in thoughts about the products, not who's balls are deep down your throats. Just think about the promotions in general, which one do you feel has done a better job of succeeding and why? Do you feel that AEW has taken some elements from WWE since it started, or, do you feel it stands on it's own two feet? What would you like to see in both, or not see? How can each company do better than the other one, or do you prefer to just see both succeed equally?

This topic came to mind as I am in wrestling groups on facebook and people just shit on each company without really giving any good reasons why they feel the way they do. One guy posted about his positive experience at an AEW show, and some other guy just came in and shit on his experience because he's a big WWE mark. No one says you have to like any and every promotion, but, it would at least be interesting if people would give reasons behind it, not just hate on something because they grew up with the other.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I'm waiting until we get AEW's financials until I make a fair assessment....and shouldn't it be NXT vs AEW? Because if it's WWE.....they're winning obviously.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I like the taste of WWE's balls though.

• Haha
Reactions: Lady Redfield

Messiah

Hana Kimura ❤️
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
AEW is definitely doing a better job at telling stories, even though they only focus on 1 or 2 feuds at a time.. The non wrestling segments they put on doesn't feel lazy like the shit WWE does. They feel well thought out, like the Jericho and Cody feud was fantastic.

WWE is just garbage, they have nothing interesting going on, ever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lana/Bobby wedding eclipses anything AEW has done.....bar none.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I hate that people act like you have to pick between them. No, I like both and support both companies. My fave wrestler is in AEW but I also have many faves in WWE.

I don't watch NXT though, so in the Wednesday war, AEW wins for me haha.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
WWE wouldn't let Private Party near there main roster. Hard for me to say AEW is anywhere near a better company.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I hate that people act like you have to pick between them. No, I like both and support both companies. My fave wrestler is in AEW but I also have many faves in WWE.

I don't watch NXT though, so in the Wednesday war, AEW wins for me haha.

I watch both, too, was just wondering what people thought of each as a 'side by side' comparison. I don't think that was directed at me particularly, lol, just wanted to answer that, anyway.

I think WWE is the weaker of the two. AEW started out stronger imo but has since started to include some segments that are almost as embarrassing as the ones WWE has.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Lana/Bobby wedding eclipses anything AEW has done.....bar none.
Come on now, don't act like a fanboy. AEW has given us Cody vs. Dustin, Hager's debut, Cody's Full Gear promo, the Inner Circle parodying Cody, Arn giving Spears a spinebuster, "I've got a ticket!" and then some.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I watch both, too, was just wondering what people thought of each as a 'side by side' comparison. I don't think that was directed at me particularly, lol, just wanted to answer that, anyway.

I think WWE is the weaker of the two. AEW started out stronger imo but has since started to include some segments that are almost as embarrassing as the ones WWE has.
Nah that wasn't at you, it was a general comment :lol I'm just sick of the people saying 'you have to pick one!' lol.

• Love

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Come on now, don't act like a fanboy. AEW has given us Cody vs. Dustin, Hager's debut, Cody's Full Gear promo, the Inner Circle parodying Cody, Arn giving Spears a spinebuster, "I've got a ticket!" and then some.
LOL @ fanboy.....I hate everything equally.

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
I watched one episode of AEW to realize it’s unwatchable. It’s way too indy-esque for my taste.

The biggest problem I see for them is their roster sucks. Outside of Jericho & Ambrose there is no star power. Cody is mid-carder for life as far as I’m concerned, never saw him as main event material. Kenny Omega is legit one of the biggest geeks the wrestling industry has ever seen. The poster boys for the skinny fat indy flippy shit spot monkey style, the Young Bucks are literally everything that’s wrong with modern day wrestling. The rest of the roster are nobodies and man oh man are they fucking small. They need some size on the roster badly.

WWE is shit at the moment and HHH has turned NXT into a glorified indy and a shell of the greatness it was during the Dusty Era but they are both miles ahead of AEW.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dusty never booked NXT.....

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
Dusty never booked NXT.....

He sure as fuck did. 2012-2015 had Dusty’s influence all over it. It was character driven with good stories that made sense.

After he died, HHH turned into an glorified indy workrate promotion with ridiculous 6 star Meltzer false finish spot fests.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I honestly enjoy both shows, AEW just a bit more, but I got stuff from both they can improve of, and stuff that both are doing right and entertaining me with. I honestly love having good wrestling to watch from more than one company. Plus it's a breath of fresh air to know if one company starts to annoy me with dumb shit, I got another to watch.