WWE SummerSlam 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
idGejtv.gif

WWE SummerSlam

August 18th, 2013
Los Angeles, California​

So seeing how this is LA and Miz isn’t doing anything he’s the host, he hype up the double main event before Fandango and Summer Rae come out to dance.

JoJo who use to be on Total Divas sings the National Anthem.

Ring of Fire Match: Kane vs. Bray Wyatt (w/The Wyatt Family)
As I said all last summer in the build and after it happen, I’m fine with an inferno match ending a feud but NOT! NOT! For Bray’s debut match, ‘cause all it did was limit the action and for Bray to show off what he can do, now I’m not saying he and Kane would have tore the house down ‘cause this is Kane we’re talking about but I still say it would have been better than this. So the rules of this are you can win by pinfall or submission, not by setting your opponent on fire. So the fire is just here to stop the Wyatt’s from getting involved. Kane goes at him right away and beats him all around the ring for a bit, but Kane goes headfirst into the top buckle and Bray follows up with a huge corner splash allowing him to take over. As expected most of the match is spent in the middle but we do get a couple of corner punches here and there. Luke tries to help by giving Bray a kendo stick but when he passes it through it catches fire so that fails. Rowan then takes out one of the fire fighters and uses the fire extinguisher to spay out the fire, but that doesn’t work. While that is happening Kane has just hit Bray 2 times with a chokeslam, he hits him with a third and signals the end with the tombstone but the Wyatt’s cover a bit of the fire and make their way into the ring. They beat him down before feeding him to Bray who hits Sister Abigail for the win. Post-Match: The Wyatt’s crush Kane's head in the steps again, and Harper and Rowan carry him to the back with them. Match was what is was, but the real problem is the Wyatt Family eventually finds a way into the ring to help Bray defeat Kane. You just negated the entire match. What was even the point of having the gimmick match is the Wyatt Family still finds a way to make it a three-on-one match? **

Michael Cole makes the announcement that the CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar match will now be NoDQ.

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow
Sandow gets on the mic during his entrance and says Cody was his sidekick and tonight he will send Cody back to his family of clowns. So Cody has just cut off his moustache, terrible life decision. Lots of hate early on which is great, Cody gets the better early on but when Sandow sweeps his legs sending Cody back first onto the apron that gives him the opening to target the back. It’s really good and it made me remember and appreciate how good Sandow was, not that I’m not enjoying current troll Shadow gimmick but he’s not really doing anything in his matches pretty sure they last 5-40 seconds now. Anyway, at one point Cody busts out the muscle buster for two :mark: That would allow Cody to have his fiery white meat baby face comeback but it would get cut-off by a Sandow spinning neckbreaker for two, Cody would come back with a sick disaster kick but misses the charge and he goes arm first into the ring post and Sandow rolls him up for two. Cody would then block a roll through and hit the CrossRhodes for the win. This was a ton of fun, it got a great amount of time and they told a good story of how both men know one another well so they had to bust out new moves at times and even with signature moves hit it from a different angle. Good Shit. **1/2 - **3/4

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
So this still fuckin’ rules, and I maybe be a bit bias here but Christian is just too AWESOME! And without a doubt Del Rio’s best opponent, Think about it, just a shame Christian’s TLC past is catching up to him and he can’t stay healthy longer than 2 months. Del Rio has a black eye and Cole tries to hype it up saying the Christian’s Killswitch did that :lmao Del Rio gets the better early but he gets too cocky so Christian slaps the taste out of his mouth, and he begins to use his quickness to frustrate Del Rio until Del Rio hangs him up and hits a fuckin’ running enziguri to the back of the head. That would allow Del Rio to pin point and target the right arm of Christian weakening it for the cross armbreaker. Del Rio spent a shit ton of time just viciously kicking away at the arm, with added slap to the thigh to make it sound even better. Christian sells is without a doubt is the best in the WWE and again I may be bias here but it’s phenomenal, he grabs it and keeps it close to his body at all times even during his full comeback. At one point, Christian goes for the springboard roll through but Del Rio catches him in a fuckin’ backstabber for two :mark: They go back-and-forth for a good few minutes until Del Rio counts out of a sunset flip position but Christian hits him with a dropkick instead and follows up with a top rope ‘Rana for two. He charges in for a spear but Del Rio catches him with a double dropkick to the face for two. Christian counters a armbreaker and gets super kicked in the face for two, Del Rio now pulls down the knee pads but Christian counters into a roll pin for two but out of nowhere Christian hits the spear but he reinjured that arm and as he’s selling the pain that allows Del Rio to lock in the armbreaker for the win. FUCKIN’ AWESOME MATCH! Told an excellent story with the arm and how it would come back to haunt Christian in the end. ***3/4

Z25Y0Gz.gif
mF2THPz.gif

Backstage: Miz interviews Maria Menounos, they get cut off by Fandango and Summer Rae dancing so Miz and Maria dance and leave.

Natalya (w/Funkadactyls) vs. Brie Bella (w/Nikki Bella & Eva Marie)
And as expected this sucked, so the crowd begin to chant for JBL and Michael Cole and Lawler, Ryder and that they want tables instead of caring about this. Brie as clearly gotten better but this sucks, the match would thankfully end when Nattie applies the Sharpshooter for the win.

Earlier today, Ryback was in catering and he was mad at a chef because the soup is cold. The chef says its gazpacho it’s is supposed to be cold. Ryback is embarrassed and pours the soup down his shirt. DA BIG GUY!

NoDq Match: CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar (w/Paul Heyman)
Last time I watched this was like 10 months ago, IDK why because I remember loving it live and on 2nd viewing. Hope it still holds up, I loved the whole month this feud went on because it’s basically Brock throwing Punk around like a sack of shit but Punk showed so much heart and the will never to quit just ‘cause he now hates Heyman so much that he would keep getting up until he finally smartened up and jumped the both of them from behind. As for the match it’s fuckin’ incredible still. The match starts out just like the Cena would with Punk coming charging in so Brock bullies the shit out of him in the corner. At one point Punk gets tossed ¾ across the ring but he gets back up and comes charging in so Brock catches him and rams him into the turnbuckles. Punk would ultimately find Brock soft spot with knees to the chin knocking him out of the ring before following up with a suicide dive to the floor. But Punk takes a little too much time with the steps so Brock shoulderblocks the steps back into him :lmoa AWESOME! Punk now uses the high flying offense to dive off anything and he manages to knock Brock down but again his hatred for Heyman backfires again and Brock picks him up by the neck and throws him over and across the announce table not once but twice. Brock follows up by placing the wood bit of the table and Brock jumps on it which is on his back breaking it, he follows up with a belly-to-belly on the floor. Back in the ring, and Punk tires to break down Brock by kicking at the knee but a simple short clothesline puts a stop to that. Brock begins to target the mid-section and it’s brutally good and I can’t even say Punk’s bumping is good ‘cause it’s all natural with the way Brock was throwing him around. After minutes of violence Punk bites Brock head to break the bearhug and he begins using his knees to wear down Brock just like he did earlier in the match and it works. He connects with 2 corner knees and floors him with a round house kick and the elbow drop for two. Punk signals the GTS but Brock counters that so Punk hits another roundhouse kick but when he hoists Brock up for the GTS Brock counters into the kimura but Punk first counters into the cross armbreaker but then switches to the triangle, great drama as Brock hoists him up and drops him down but he still has it locked in so Brock picks him up again and kills him with a running powerbomb from one half of the ring to the other for two :mark: Brock hits the triple rolling suplexs for two, Brock has now had enough so he grabs the steel chair, but he takes too much and that allows Punk to dive off the top, but Brock had the chair up and both men collide with it. Punk is first up and he begins nailing Brock with the chair, on the third one Brock blocks it so Punk low blows him before he can connect with the chair. Punk slowly heads up, and hits a elbow drop but uses the chair as a weapon for a two count. Punk again begins to beat the shit out of Brock with a chair until Heyman grabs the chair, allowing Brock to jump him and hoist him up for the F5 but Punk smartly grabs Heyman forcing him to break the hold. That allows Punk to finally hit the GTS but Heyman breaks it up, as the play the cat and mouse game. Punk runs into a F5 but he counters into a DDT for two, before applying the Vice. Punk sees Heyman coming so he breaks the hold and he applies the Vice to Heyman, well after he punches him in the face. That leaves Brock to grab the chair and he straight up kills Punk with chair shots for revenge before hitting a BRUTAL F5 on a chair for the win. You either love it or hate it, I've seen complaints about Brock giving Punk too much, but that's clearly not the case because it all felt earned and totally desperate with Punk having to throw all of himself at Brock to have a chance to survive. I loved the perfect storytelling with early on Brock underestimates Punk and that's what really allows Punk to survive. Then they also had Punk who was more focused on getting to Paul and that would ultimately lead to his downfall. The longer the match on, the more the fans got into the match and bought into every near fall. I didn't even mind the interference from Paul Heyman as it created some fun spots and played into the story as I said before. ****3/4

h0Z8XZ4.gif
mckGgEZ.gif
02wyPzX.gif

Punk gets a standing ovation, as JBL, Cole and Lawler puts the match over.

Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn vs. Big E. Langston & AJ Lee
This filler gets 6 minutes and it’s fine, E/Dolph do some good shit with Dolph’s bumping and getting killed by E’s monster heel move set. However the match did lose its steam once Kaitlyn and AJ do some stuff. But it’s not a shitty as that Divas match earlier on. The match would end when Dolph gets out of the Big Ending, and hits the ZigZag for the win. **1/2

Backstage: Miz is talking and Fandango tires to cut in again so Miz punches him in the face.

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan (Special Referee: Triple H)
This is incredible too, and Cena deserves all the praise in the world the way he delivers in big matches is on another level. Plus with his I think it was a torn bicep and the swelling was the size baseball and him having little to no flexibility in that one arm. For him to come out and give us 30 minutes of a classic speaks volumes to the type of guy from bell to bell. Now back to the match, great mat wrestling early one with Bryan not holding back and going to work on that injured arm if needed. Cena did more than his best holding his own in the mat department but in the end he knew he wouldn’t win playing Bryan’s game go he resorted to the power offense. Bryan would counter an Irish whip on the floor and send Cena bad arm first into the steps but as Bryan tries to suplex him off them, Cena would counter into one of his own before rolling him in the ring for two. That would allow Cena to take over with power offense that included a sit-down powerbomb :mark: Both men would get a ton of back and forth moves and both take turns in the middle portion of the match, which is really cool. I did pop at one point Cena panders too long with the U CAN’T SEE ME taunt and both men counter out of the STF and yes lock before he untimely hits the Knuckle Shuffle but instead of taunting it to in Bryan’s face he does it to the camera instead. That great, a missile dropkick gives Cena a nice shiner around the eye and a two count before Bryan starts viciously working the arm with kicks and yelling at him to get up, he must have kicked him 7 times in the arm but Cena counters another arm breaker into a STF but Bryan kicks out and Bryan applies an STF of his own, but Cena crawls to the ropes, Bryan sees this and pulls him back before hitting a series of rolling Germans for two, Cena would counter the third into the AA but Bryan counters that into the yes lock. Cena fights out so he applies a front guillotine choke; Cena again uses his crazy Cena strength to break the hold sending Bryan back first into the turnbuckles. Out of desperation Cena hits the AA for two, as the crowd begin to come alive. Cena goes up top but Bryan is like a pitfall and won’t quit as he kicks Cena twice in the head with running dropkicks before superplexing Cena in the ring but Bryan hooks his own leg on the ropes and hoists himself up before connecting with the diving headbutt for two :mark: AWESOME! Cena rolls to the floor and plays possum and when he sees Bryan coming in for the dive he cuts him off with a forearm, Cena then heads up top and connects with the flying dropkick for two. Cena would pick Bryan up and place him up top, but Bryan elbows out with the UFC KO elbows but Cena catches him in the ‘rana attempts and drops him down before locking in the STF but Bryan rolls Cena on his back to try to break the hold but it just looks worse. Suddenly, Bran gets his 2nd wind and reverses it into the yes lock but Cena reaches the ropes. Running flurry of dropkicks connects but he goes for one too many and Cena turns him inside out-upside down with a clothesline. Both men slowly get back to their feet, first trading kicks before punches and knocking one another down with flying elbows. They then use one another’s body to help them get back to their feet before SLAPPING ONE ANOTHER! SLAP FIGHTS! That Bryan wins but he tries to run the ropes but gets caught in the AA position, but Bryan counters into the DDT and he heads up top again but Cena catches the crossbody into the AA but again Bryan has a counter for it into the small package for two. First kick misses but the rebound kick connects setting him up for the BUSAIKU KNEE for the win. This match is still amazing and both men tore the house down, giving up a classic in every way possible. I can’t wait for the rematch. ****1/2

Post-Match: Cena hands Bryan the title and the celebration begins, Randy Orton comes out to cash in his MITB briefcase. Triple H turns on Bryan by giving him a Pedigree.

WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan
Orton simple covers Bryan and wins the match.

silMB40.gif
4LahHddA.gif
CfKxp8x.gif

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Brock/Punk sucked because Lesnar didn't beat him in 15 seconds. I can't suspend disbelief in pro wrestling.

For real though I'm surprised you rated it that high. I enjoyed it a lot and I don't disagree with the rating, I just didn't remember you enjoying it quite that much. I liked the main event better though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I think i had it first a four and half the first time, but it's incredible that i had to. Only thing stopping it from being a 5 was the constant interference even though i don't mind it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
From top to bottom one of the finest wrestling cards of recent years. Almost everything delivered on some level, and top matches were excellent. This years show has a lot to live up to.