• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Stomping Grounds 2019 Discussion Thread

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown

WWE Universal Championship (w/ Special Guest Referee: ???): Seth Rollins (c) vs Baron Corbin

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship: Kofi Kingston (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

WWE Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs Lacey Evans

WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs Alexa Bliss (w/ Nikki Cross)

Roman Reigns vs Drew McIntyre

WWE United States Championship: Samoa Joe (c) vs Ricochet

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship: Daniel Bryan & Rowan (c) vs Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)

The New Day (Big E & Xavier Woods) vs Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Tony Nese (c) vs Akira Tozawa vs Drew Gulak

Last edited:

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
I'm pretty sure they also said McIntyre vs Reigns is happening at this show too on Raw this week, but so far just the women's match is confirmed on dot com.

Deezy

Nov 13, 2010
Canada
Reigns and Drew need a gimmick blowoff.

And Bayley better wear shorts to combat Bliss or it's "this is your life" all over again.

Deezy

Nov 13, 2010
Canada
The name makes no sense with the show being in Washington State unless I'm missing something lmao I would have assumed it was in New York or Connecticut or something
Because them hippies will be stopping around over Saudi Arabia

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
More matches confirmed, added Reigns/McIntyre and Kofi/Dolph to the main post since they were on WWE.com already, but they also announced Becky/Lacey and Rollins/Corbin during Super ShowDown so I'll add those pretty soon once they get a post on the website

Blaze

Sep 6, 2007
Macon, Ga
Jesus who wants to see any of these matches, we’ve already seen 3/4ths of them and they weren’t good the first time.
Ziggler v Kofi wasn't that bad imo, could've been better as it wasn't near what their past matches was...but okay.

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Ziggler v Kofi wasn't that bad imo, could've been better as it wasn't near what their past matches was...but okay.
It was fine, probably would have been better if it got a little more time, so I'm fine with that one happening again. I'm not really upset with any of these rematches alone, but holy fuck it's so many that we've gotten recently all on one show :lmao

Reactions: Blaze

Blaze

Sep 6, 2007
Macon, Ga
It was fine, probably would have been better if it got a little more time, so I'm fine with that one happening again. I'm not really upset with any of these rematches alone, but holy fuck it's so many that we've gotten recently all on one show :lmao
Yeah I just hate how much time it got, like a bit more time would've been nice so I'm hoping the cage match gets to have a decent amount of time. I'm sure it will tho.

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Yeah I just hate how much time it got, like a bit more time would've been nice so I'm hoping the cage match gets to have a decent amount of time. I'm sure it will tho.
Probably will, I'm just not too high on the cage gimmick anymore especially the ones that just follow this modern formula of constantly throwing guys into the cage in between rest holds, but I don't really see Ziggler/Kofi going that route

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
I don’t like the fact that there was just a cage match at the last show but it’s a small nitpick

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
I don’t like the fact that there was just a cage match at the last show but it’s a small nitpick
It fits bc dolph asked for it bc of the Xavier interference so that's not anything that really bothers me, both cage matches made semi-sense in storyline so I ain't mad even if I'm not big on the gimmick also technically it wasn't the last show bc Super showdown counts :side:

Reactions: Blaze