WWE Smackdown Spoilers (9/7/12)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
* SmackDown opens with Alberto Del Rio and David Otunga coming out. Ricardo Rodriguez is trailing and he's in a neck brace. They want action taken against Sheamus for hitting Ricardo Rodriguez with a Brogue Kick on RAW. They want the kick banned in WWE. GM Booker T comes out and says he wants to put it in the hands of the fans. They vote that the kick should remain legal. Del Rio throws a fit and Booker has something planned for them later.

* Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara beat Cody Rhodes and The Miz when Cody accidentally hit Miz with a Disaster Kick.

* Comedy segment with Hornswoggle stomping on Daniel Bryan's foot before running away.

* Zack Ryder vs. Daniel Bryan is up next. They hugged before the bell. Bryan won with the No Lock but wouldn't break the hold so the referee reversed his decision. Bryan continued to lose his temper.

* Damien Sandow comes out and starts ripping on Randy Orton. Orton comes out and reveals that Booker T has put the two in a match.

* Randy Orton beat Damien Sandow by count out with Dolph Ziggler coming out for commentary. Sandow ended up rolling out of the ring and running away for the count out. Ziggler attacked and Orton brawled with him. Sandow ran back down and caught an RKO while Ziggler ran off.

* David Otunga storms into Booker T's office and still wants the Brogue Kick to be banned. Booker makes Otunga vs. Sheamus for tonight.

* Titus O'Neil and Darren Young beat Primo and Epico to become the new #1 contenders. WWE Tag Team Champions R-Truth and Kofi Kingston were on commentary.

* Backstage interview with Wade Barrett.

* Barrett came out to big heel heat and beat Yoshi Tatsu in a squash. Barrett cut a promo after the match.

* Sheamus beat David Otunga in the main event with Alberto Del Rio watching from ringside. Booker T came out before the end and banned the Brogue Kick. Sheamus argued with Del Rio and they mixed it up but he still got the win.

Looks like a strong show, Sheamus using a submission move and having the Brogue Kick banned adds something to the feud which is quite enjoyable actually. Wouldn't mind a Submission match between ADR/Sheamus.
PTP being #1 Contenders for the billionth time is getting annoying, make PTP win and have Sin/Rey and Uso's etc face them.
More Bryan is always good.

Barrett new finisher and return, promo... MUST WATCH

Not a bad show tbh.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Edited that in.

Was quickly skimming until you informed.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Barrett return will be interesting. Sandow getting time with Orton is as well. Wonder if the Brogue kick gets banned at NOC? Would add a different dynamic. Overall looks like a solid show.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Barrett return will be interesting. Sandow getting time with Orton is as well. Wonder if the Brogue kick gets banned at NOC? Would add a different dynamic. Overall looks like a solid show.

Thus why I prefer it being a submission match.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Thus why I prefer it being a submission match.

I can see that with Sheamus making Swagger tap on Raw. Just fits in place.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I can see that with Sheamus making Swagger tap on Raw. Just fits in place.

Even though I haven't been that keen on the Sheamus/Del Rio feud, making the Texas Cloverleaf an active part of the World Champion's arsenal does freshen it up a bit in that he now has a submission of his own to bring to the table to combat Alberto's Cross Armbreaker.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Thought who gives a shit Barret comes out

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ziggler v Orton would be amazing.

Few weird nitbits like heel Danielson and face Ryder hugging and PTP earning shot #23 at R-Boom, but I don't feel like moaning.

Lewb

Reaction score
Ziggler v Orton would be amazing.

Few weird nitbits like heel Danielson and face Ryder hugging and PTP earning shot #23 at R-Boom, but I don't feel like moaning.

It's like comedy heel Austin. He got away with the hugging, I think it can work with the storyline he's got right now.

Majorly looking forward to Barrett's return, the promo better be good considering they've had 5 months to perfect it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The show looks pretty fun tbh, really looking forward to the HUG and the Orton/Damien with post match brawl.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Might watch just for Wade's return.

TKK

Reaction score
Austin hugging opponents was a rip on DDP hugging Vince, wasn't it? It did get over though so I suppose you're right.

Hopefully, Barrett is pushed well.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Hopefully, Barrett is pushed well.

This return proves that he won't be.

I'm not surprised they already managed to fuck it up. Couldn't even debut on Raw over a Slater vs Ryder match. Horrible.