WWE Smackdown 16th April report by John.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The PRE-AiR John Report: WWE Smackdown 16th April 2010.

Chris Jericho Segment

We are instantly reminded that a Raw guest host made a Smackdown world championship match. Teddy Long is a terrible GM who is really stale. Yay. A good main event for once. Jericho, Edge and Swagger. This match was meant to have happened at Extreme Rules. I was correct in assuming that Long would book a triple threat match.

Match Number 1: Drew McIntyre Vs. Kane

An ok match. Kane's matches continue to remind me of the fact he's being underused. He choke-slams Hardy, In a heel-style fashion. Let's hope he turns major heel and becomes a monster! Hardy runs in and attacks Drew, Causing a DQ. Kane then attacks Hardy.

Winner: Drew McIntyre by DQ

Match Number 2: Dolph Ziggler Vs. R-Truth

We are reminded that Dolph put Josh Mathews into a sleeper. Long apparently has told Dolph to say sorry. He says sorry, But in a fashion that doesn't appear like he means it. Onto the match, R-Truth really bores me. His "What's Up?" chants are boring and so 1980s. Just get in the ring, You weirdo. Why does he have to dance around the ring? What's up with that?:shifty:. Captain Obvious tells us all that Dolph has no heart... Dolph is a great talent tbh. We need to keep him on Smackdown, Becuase Raw will kill him. The future stars are: Kofi, Dolph, Swagger, Sheamus, DiBiase imo. Dolph is on a roll!

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

Lol at Strikers comment about Lawler.

Match Number 3: Mickie James Vs. Michelle McCool

This is the longest divas match since WM. Why does Mickie have those studd things on her butt? Vickie gets a haircut :eek:. The end of the match consists of Layla being placed out of the ring and as Mickie turns around, Michelle connects with a big-boot to the face. She pins Mickie for the 3. Striker gets himself a hand-full of Michelle's ass as she jumps over the announce table into his arms as Beth runs out.

Winner: Michelle McCool

We get a tease that Striker and Todd could be split up.

Luke Gallows tells Darren Young he could beat him up. Punk tells them they should fight in the ring and show straightedge means we (Because im straightedge also, You know.) are better than j00 (You).

Match Number 4: Straightedge Society Vs. Rey Mysterio & Hart Dynasty

As I sit here and watch this stream, I see Miz at ringside announcing WITHOUT SHOW! This looks a good match on paper, But will it in real life?.. How can they have just Miz there, Without show. Funny note here: Miz is wearing the shirt he wore at the Blue Peter tapings that same day. Fact remains, MizShow are better than the Hart Dynasty. MizShow did retire DX. Concerning Punk, I think he does great in his role atm. Ergh.. How can Miz take credit for retiring HBK? The whole Punk/Mysterio feud is stupid and pointless, Quite frankly. WWE have never explained what being "Straightedge" means. They haven't developed the angle and this match at extreme rules is predictable. Punk's getting his head shaved. Lovely springboard splash to Punk by Rey. Mysterio hits a 619 to Punk. Smith hits a running powerslam for the three count.

Winners: Rey Mysterio, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd

Match Number 5: Caylen Croft Vs. JTG

This punk just needs to go away. Caylen and Trent are just trying to be like Edge&Christian. As for the JTG/Shad feud, I had completely forgotten about this whole incident until I saw shad. The whole angle is easily forgettable. JTG hits a flying wraparound clothesline to Caylen to get the 3. After the match, Shad runs in and punches JTG. Shad tells JTG that he isn't anything without Shad. Shad picks JTG up again and then he misses a splash into the corner. JTG hits the X Factor in the corner and then hits a drop kick and Shad leaves the ring and goes to the back.

Winner: JTG

Edge says that he relates to Swagger because of the way that Swagger took advantage of the situation to cash in the briefcase. He says that Swagger is in a bad position because he can lose the title without being pinned. Edge says that he is in a good position because he can pin either man to walk out of the ring with the title.

Match Number 6: Jack Swagger (C) Vs. Chris Jericho Vs. Edge [World Heavyweight Championship]

Jericho watches Swagger punch Edge and Jericho with a rollup for a near fall. Swagger with a belly-to-belly suplex and Jericho goes to the floor. Edge with an Irish whip to Swagger and Edge with a methodical walk across the ring. Swagger with a forearm to Edge and then he punches him. Edge throws Swagger over the top rope to the floor and Jericho attacks Edge from behind. Jericho punches Edge and then Jericho chokes Edge in the ropes. Jericho misses the splash into the ropes and he hits the ropes when Edge moves. Edge punches Jericho and connects with forearms. Swagger trips Edge and Jericho with an elbow drop. Jericho catapults Edge’s throat into the rope and then Swagger chokes Edge. Swagger with a belly-to-belly suplex to Edge and then Jericho is sent to the floor by Edge and then Swagger charges at Edge and Edge ducks down sending Swagger to the floor. Edge with a baseball slide to Swagger and Jericho as all three men go to the floor. Edge Irish whips Jericho into the ringside barrier.
Edge with the Edge-o-Matic and he gets a near fall. Jericho gets a boot up for a charging Edge. Edge sends Jericho into the turnbuckles on a bulldog attempt. Edge sets for the SPEAR but Jericho with a rollup into the Walls of Jericho. Edge is about to tap but he tries to get to the ropes. Jericho pulls Edge into the center of the ring. Jericho sees Swagger coming and Jericho puts Swagger in the Walls of Jericho. Edge with an Impaler DDT on Jericho and Swagger with a kick to Edge and he tries for the Doctor Bomb. Edge blocks it and hits an Impaler DDT on Swagger. Edge sets for the SPEAR but Jericho from out of nowhere takes Edge down and gets a near fall. Swagger with an Oklahoma Roll on Jericho for a near fall. Jericho hits a Codebreaker and Swagger goes to the floor. Jericho gets to his feet and he waits for Edge to get up for a SPEAR of his own. Jericho mocks Edge and Edge with a leap frog and Edge with a SPEAR but Swagger pulls Edge out of the ring and into the ringside barrier. Swagger gets the three count on Jericho.

Winner: Jack Swagger (C)

Reaction score
Stop trying to be funny. It doesn't work, and along with your awful, AWFUL capitalisation of random letters, makes this horrid to read. If you're going to use your (albeit limited) wrestling knowledge to write a review, just do it.

seX-Power

Reaction score
Stop trying to be funny. It doesn't work, and along with your awful, AWFUL capitalisation of random letters, makes this horrid to read. If you're going to use your (albeit limited) wrestling knowledge to write a review, just do it.

I stopped reading after a paragraph cos of this.

ugh

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Match Number 2: Dolph Ziggler Vs. R-Truth

We are reminded that Dolph put Josh Mathews into a sleeper. Long apparently has told Dolph to say sorry. He says sorry, But in a fashion that doesn't appear like he means it. Onto the match, R-Truth really bores me. His "What's Up?" chants are boring and so 1980s. Just get in the ring, You weirdo. Why does he have to dance around the ring? What's up with that?. Captain Obvious tells us all that Dolph has no heart... Dolph is a great talent tbh. We need to keep him on Smackdown, Becuase Raw will kill him. The future stars are: Kofi, Dolph, Swagger, Sheamus, DiBiase imo. Dolph is on a roll!

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

:lmao Where's the match recap at?