WWE Signs Soccer Goalie Turned Male Model From The UK

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Website
mobile.twitter.com
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
aliciafox2
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
gailkim2
Favorite Wrestler
kharma
Stuart Tomlinson, an English former football (soccer) goalkeeper, is the latest former professional athlete to join WWE. The 28-year-old, who recently appeared on the cover of Men’s Health Magazine after working as a male model, has signed a developmental contract with WWE.

The Chester, England-born former footballer, who retired following a knee injury last summer, met with WWE representatives during the company’s European tour last month.

https://twitter.com/stutomo

In response to messages of good luck from followers of his former football teams Tomlinson stated, “Big thankyou for all the supportive msgs. #WWE #tomoOnTour.”

wrestlenewz.com

So it's not just the divas anymore that get hired for just their looks.. But seriously If he can't even be a goalie with a jacked up knee, how is he going to wrestle?

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So it's not just the divas anymore that get hired for just their looks.. But seriously If he can't even be a goalie with a jacked up knee, how is he going to wrestle?

How does Brock wrestle with a foot of intestine gone? How did Rock wrestle when he blew his knee after college? Legit sports background is still a background, who cares if this guy is a model. All I want to know is...does he have any character? Physical charisma, an "it" factor, that a company can market.....wrestling becomes secondary when you start out. Nobody gets good at this right off the bat.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Theres a difference between having a bum knee in a legit sport and having a bum knee in wrestling though. If your knee prevents you from being a good goalie you have to give it up, but you can work around being less than 100% in wrestling.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
He needs a Zoolander gimmick and then he will be set for success.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Has a masterpiece like look

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
BOOK HIM WITH BARRETT! I don't know why, but I think a British tag team would do well right now.

I'm not going to judge this guy until I can see what he can do first. He's got the look that WWE really loves, but does he have the charisma? Does he have the ability to at least look half decent in the ring? I like the idea of new signings. Fresh talent so to speak.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler