WWE Reportedly Reaches Out To Some Recently Released Wrestlers, Drake Maverick Rumor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
WWE has reportedly tried to re-sign some of the recently released Superstars.

It was noted on Wrestling Observer Live by Bryan Alvarez that WWE officials have tried to re-sign some of the released talents, but the offers are reportedly for a fraction of what they were making before. It was also indicated that WWE has made "renewal offers" that are low enough that talents could likely make more money with another promotion.

There's no word yet on who WWE made return offers to, but several wrestlers, producers and on-air talents were released or furloughed back on April 15 due to company-wide cuts brought on by COVID-19. Among the in-ring talents released were Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, EC3, Drake Maverick, Rusev, Sarah Logan, No Way Jose, Heath Slater, Mike Kanellis, Maria Kanellis, Eric Young, Lio Rush, Primo Colon, Epico Colon, Aiden English, Erick Rowan, Kassius Ohno, Taynara Conti, Tino Sabbatelli, Dorian Mak Deonna Purrazzo, MJ Jenkins, Aleksandar Jaksic, Nick Ogarelli, Mars Wang, Rocky, Edgar Lopez, Marcos Gomes, Mohamed Fahim, Hussain Aldagal, and Faisal Kurdi.

As noted, last night's Impact Wrestling episode teased that Maverick (Rockstar Spud), EC3, Gallows, Anderson, Young, Hawkins, and Rusev could be debuting at the Slammiversary pay-per-view, which is three days after their WWE 90-day non-compete clauses expire on July 15. Purrazzo has also joined Impact as NXT talents were under 30-day non-compete clauses. There's no word yet on if some of the recently released WWE talents will debut with AEW next month.

Regarding Maverick, Alvarez also noted that he has reason to believe WWE may have re-signed him. That would be interesting as he was one of the wrestlers in the Impact teaser on Tuesday night. Maverick was allowed to continue working the tournament for the WWE NXT Interim Cruiserweight Title after his release was announced. He will wrestle El Hijo del Fantasma in the finals for the title on tonight's NXT episode.
source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...reaches-out-to-some-recently-released-671015/

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Alvarez has "reasons to believe WWE may have re-signed him" talking about Maverick...gee I wonder if it's bc they turned his release into an angle and he's wrestling for the CW title tonight :lol

Reactions: Cwalker and Swamps

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I hope they bring back Rusev and make him a bad ass heel again, like during his main roster debut.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I hope they bring back Rusev and make him a bad ass heel again, like during his main roster debut.

410jB7RkWNL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: Vegeta

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Not surprising. As we saw on SD, Kurt was brought back. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these lower tiers guys(Ryder, Hawkins, Gallows, Anderson) were brought back

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not surprising. As we saw on SD, Kurt was brought back. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these lower tiers guys(Ryder, Hawkins, Gallows, Anderson) were brought back
I don't see it happening. Ryder will for sure end up in AEW, no clue about Hawkins and I assume Gallows & Anderson will have options from both AEW and Japan.

Honestly, I reckon Sara Logan might rejoin since her husband is there still and would make sense because I can't imagine her being a hot commodity really.

I still think Rusev is a serious talent they are letting slip by. His 'Rusev Day' stuff seriously caught on and them not capitalising on that was a huge shame.

Reactions: Swamps

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I definitely think Gallows and Anderson are best suited for Japan but they’re not running shows right now which is why I think they end up back with AJ. Ryder could end up with AEW(although I think Impact is more likely if he doesn’t resign with WWE) but I really think the window/door is still open for most guys.

Except Rusev cause he wanted to leave like a year ago.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I definitely think Gallows and Anderson are best suited for Japan but they’re not running shows right now which is why I think they end up back with AJ. Ryder could end up with AEW(although I think Impact is more likely if he doesn’t resign with WWE) but I really think the window/door is still open for most guys.

Except Rusev cause he wanted to leave like a year ago.

I think NJPW is looking to start back up soon so I wouldn't be surprised if Gallows and Anderson waited it out. If not Japan, then I think AEW fits better for them.