WWE RAW 31st May 2010 Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
WWE RAW 31st May 2010 Review

Opening Segment / Backstage Segment / Edge and Sheamus vs John Cena and Evan Bourne

Looking back, I like how RAW opened. At the time, I thought that Sky Sports had messed up and hadn't broadcasted the start of RAW. However, I actually like how we were told Edge appeared before the show and spoke to the fans. It adds more realism imo. I think WWE should have started RAW with Edge in the ring and Evan coming down, not with the fight because no-one had a clue what was going on. I liked how Orton got knocked out of the main event solely because he got hit in the shoulder with a door. LOfuckingL.

We were told that Orton (Who had been took out of the match because he'd been hit with a door) was not able to make it to the ring so Cena had to pick another partner. Evan Bourne! This made perfect sense. I actually like evan bourne because he has amazing moves and is uber-talented. His performance in the match was great. I don't think he's going to remain in the WWEs main event scene, but it was nice to see him up there with the likes of Cena and Sheamus. The way the match was shown and played on by the announcers was that Sheamus and Edge were attacking Bourne and that Evan was so tired out that he needed to tag Cena to save his team from losing. This is why I say he won't stay around. The WWE fans really got behind Bourne which was great to see. It seemed to me whilst watching this match that WWE are trying to keep Edge as the main heel on Raw now Tista has gone because the beating Cena made was mostly to Sheamus. As soon as Cena got tagged in, Cena went crazy at Sheamus however the momentum changed quickly as Sheamus slammed Cena. However, this is changed quickly as Sheamus missed the boot and FUs Sheamus. Air-Bourne to Sheamus! Evan Bourne pins Sheamus after the Air-Bourne after 9 minutes. Great match, Great Main Event & Great storyline (Even if it could only be for 1 night).

R Truth vs Chris Jericho

I actually thought this was a good match & we saw the best of Truth here. Mid-way through this match, Truth began to dance around the ring & string moves together off the dancing - It looked very good. I didn't like how quick this match ended. Jericho tried to go for the walls of Jericho then Truth rolls Jericho over for the pin. Wow. How quick was that match? Overall, I liked the match but I thought it could have gone longer. Perhaps Jericho/Truth at the PPV? Jericho looked slightly annoyed that he'd lost so easily, so we could be seeing more of Truth/Jericho in the future.

Eve Torres and Santino Marella vs Maryse and William Regal with Vladimir Kozlov

I'm not one of these people who watch WWE to see Santino but I wouldn't be happy if he was fired. He is so funny it's amazing. The main point of this match was when Maryse jumped on Eve and you saw Maryse's tights stretch causing you to see her "lips". I'm interested to see where the Kozlov/Santino team could be heading..

Bret Hart / Ted DiBiase / Vince McMahon Segment

Firstly, I was shocked by DiBiase and how he suddenly forget about his quest to find himself a Virgil. I'm interested in where DiBiase could be going next. I'd like to see a DiBiase in power Raw. As for Hart/McMahon, I had 3 questions for McMahon: Why is Bret our GM when Vince hates him? Does Vince still have any issues with Bret? Why do we still have Guest Hosts?

Vince answered 2/3 of those questions. I liked the segment, because it gave us all a chance to see the McMahon character die. He hasn't got any problems with anyone else now currently in WWE (All his storylines have ended where the other persons got their revenge). It seemed like this storyline could go somewhere, but I doubt it. He said that he could be setting Bret up for something, but he genuinely believes Bret's the man for the job (That answers why Bret is GM). He further said that he hopes Bret can handle the pressure of being management (This answers #2, Because Vince clearly doesn't have any issues with Bret if he can go out on Live TV and say he's the man for the job).

Unfortunately, He didn't answer the last question. I find it stupid how last week we had that Aldrin guy thinking he has power. This week, WWE changed things. Ashton or however you spell his silly name, told us he went to the GM and made a match. I prefer this to the GMs just randomly showing up and doing what they like. It makes the shows string together better if RAW has a GM who knows what's going on week-by-week.

Overall, I think this segment on RAW has shown us the end of RAW. I think our next heel management character should be Cole. Cole has been attacked loads recently, and perhaps when Vince gets rid of Long he will make Cole the GM of SD & Bring JR back to Raw.

The Miz vs Daniel Bryan

I am really loving this storyline. I'm getting sick of how we always see Danielson with special permission... Just hire him already. Bryan rolled up Miz for the pin. After the match, Miz went crazy and told Danielson he was going to apologize to Cole. He dragged Danielson over to Cole, Bryan attacked Miz & threw Miz head-first over the announcers table at Cole. They both got knocked to the floor. Danielson walked away as Miz stood up and puffed. This was a great part of RAW & I enjoyed it.

The Debut Of The Usos'

I'm pretty sure the girls name was Tamina & The guys named were Jay and Jimmy?.

They informed us that they are not the "Stereotypical Samoan", I'm slightly interested by this. They both annoyed me with their voice & their cool-boy attitude. Jey looks seriously like JTG Lol.

Zack Ryder Segment

It's just typical rubbish from WWE. Ryder shouldn't be a joke, he should be a serious guy who can wrestle. Last night on RAW, We saw Alicia Fox turn on Zack. Now, I don't know about you, but after watching Zack get some attention off Alicia, For her to turn on him is a pretty annoying and frustrating move especially since they've only been dating for a few weeks & haven't done anything yet. The whole segment last night could be a turning point for Zack. One thing I didn't understand was why Lawler got involved. He stood in the ring then left.

Anyway, What I'm trying to say is that I hope this is a turnaround for Zack. Perhaps he can return under a new gimmick, new attire and as a cocky heel who retired Dreamer and will be an unstoppable force in the future. I damn sure hope that he changes now because after last nights RAW, What else has he got left? His GF has left him & his Twitter achievement was blown to pieces. Let's hope he turns things around, I truly think he has potential to be a good wrestler.

Overall Thoughts Of Raw.

Raw was good, but it seemed like a string of segments just shoves together which is shouldn't be. I really liked RAW but it wasn't the best show. I liked the Bourne segments, He really has potential. This was a good RAW, But not the best.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
The fact that you did the review in reverse was kind of confusing, but overall it was well written. Nice job bro, keep up the good work.