WWE RAW 16th July 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20120715_LARGE_raw_cenaziggler_C.jpg

Well, it’s official: John Cena and Dolph Ziggler are money, having captured the WWE Championship (PHOTOS) and World Heavyweight Championship (PHOTOS) contracts, respectively, at Money in the Bank 2012 and earning themselves a free pass at the supreme prizes any time in the next year. Ziggler's already tried to cash in once on Sheamus, but was taken out with a Brogue Kick before the match could begin, and with Cena suddenly in the driver’s seat and current WWE Champion CM Punk reeling from a vicious No-DQ Match against Daniel Bryan, could the time be ripe for a title change? Only time will tell …

He's baaaack ...
MITB6.jpg

The Miz made his grand return at Money in the Bank last night, evoking his status as a former champion to enter himself in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship Contract. The Awesome One was unsuccessful in claiming his second briefcase, but he didn’t seem diminished despite a two-month absence spent filming WWE Studios’ “The Marine: Homefront.” With Miz back on Raw, though, he’ll surely be looking for a way to re-insert himself into the main event picture. How will he begin his campaign to reach the top again?

Is Bryan still tryin'?
MITB2.jpg

Daniel Bryan is certainly one for underhanded tactics, but his insistence that AJ was his “future wife” seemed a little too intense to be disingenuous. The Geek Goddess seemed slightly forlorn that Bryan didn’t win the WWE Title from CM Punk, and given her ominous hold over The Second City Saint, will Bryan attempt to seal their long-brewing reconciliation?

Ziggler: Second time's the charm?
MITB3.jpg

Dolph Ziggler tried to imitate Kane’s strategy from 2010 and cash in his World Heavyweight Championship contract in the same night that he won it, attempting to capitalize on a beaten-down Sheamus following The Great White’s title defense against Alberto Del Rio (PHOTOS: SHEAMUS VS. DEL RIO). The Showoff wasn’t quite as lucky in his endeavor, though, as The Big Red Monster was a couple of years back, thanks to Del Rio’s interference and a Brogue Kick that felled Ziggler before his title match could start. But the spotlight-hungry Showoff isn’t one to stay waiting in the wings very long; with his ticket to the top firmly in grasp, will he attempt to cash in on Raw?

The Champ is here?
MITB5.jpg

John Cena prevailed yet again, outlasting Chris Jericho, Big Show, Kane and The Miz to capture his first Money in the Bank contract. The briefcase (and the contents within) guarantees the Cenation leader an opportunity for CM Punk’s WWE Title, and the question is now not a matter of if, but when, Cena will choose to redeem the precious paper and attempt to reclaim the supreme prize for the first time in nearly a year. Tradition would suggest that Cena cash in the contract when the champion is most vulnerable, and following last night’s hellish No-DQ Match against Daniel Bryan, Punk is as vulnerable as he’s ever likely to be tonight. Speaking of which …

Is CM Punk surrounded?
MITB4.jpg

There’s no beating around the bush here: It is a bad time to be CM Punk. True, The Second City Saint heroically defended his championship against Bryan at Money in the Bank, and even managed to overcome the hurdle of the unstable AJ as his special guest referee (PHOTOS). But The Geek Goddess didn’t seem too thrilled that Punk prevailed over her former flame; The Voice of the Voiceless seemed definitely worse for wear at the end of the contest, and with John Cena now in possession of the WWE Title contract, Punk and Cena’s year-old rivalry suddenly has the potential to re-ignite. Cena didn’t look too banged-up coming out of his Money in the Bank Ladder Match. Punk, by contrast, might not be himself for the next couple of weeks. Couple that with the fact AJ doesn’t seem done with Punk, and things are looking dicey indeed for CM Punk’s status as WWE Champion.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Kinda looking forward to tonight to see if John cashes in the RVD way i also hope he brings up this time last year when Punk "left the company" and the match he had at last years SS with Punk. Also I gotta see What they do with Bryan now. Can't forget Slater TIME!!!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Actually looking forward to Raw tonight, the build for SummerSlam is always good.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Id Like to see a SD Mitb Winner vs Raw Mitb winner match

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Really hope Ziggler tries to cash in again tonight, the match actually starts and he fails. Can't have him running around with a main event title shot, it's bad for business.

And for the love of God, blow off the AJ storyline, it sucks. Hard. Harder than anything else in the company.

Cena will inevitably cash in the RVD way, with a pre-announced date, either Raw 1000 or SummerSlam. I guess I'm interested to find out which.

Last edited:

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
Tonight raw probably will show what SS will look like . Not really looking forward too since we all know what the SS mainevents will be .

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I think we'll at least get better segments this week since they are promoting a huge PPV. Booking a MITB PPV in the first place can just be chaotic. I think things will be steadier for the next few weeks than they have been.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Just hope tonight's show is better than last night's.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Just hope tonight's show is better than last night's.

I just hope it's better than last weeks RAW...

Really hope Ziggler tries to cash in again tonight, the match actually starts and he fails. Can't have him running around with a main event title shot, it's bad for business.

And for the love of God, blow off the AJ storyline, it sucks. Hard. Harder than anything else in the company.

Cena will inevitably cash in the RVD way, with a pre-announced date, either Raw 1000 or SummerSlam. I guess I'm interested to find out which.

No. Just, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Mayhem

Reaction score
yeah Now raw will be booked like pre-WM raws because of summer slam and 1000th raw episode , both are huge and thats why WWE will have to build momentum to make both of them successfull . I expect to see Hymen tonight , its been quite sometime since we saw him .

Lewb

Reaction score
Hope Kidd gets a nice match tonight, really hope they don't give up his push. He had a good showing in his MITB match.

I've already said how bored I am of AJ, hope a resolution to this happens soon, because the Punk/Bryan storyline should have ended last night.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm not as excited as you all. Should be better than last week by default but I expect the writers putting in so much time to next weeks show I'm not sure much will be put into tonights.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I'm not as excited as you all. Should be better than last week by default but I expect the writers putting in so much time to next weeks show I'm not sure much will be put into tonights.

I can see this holding some truth to it. Nobody remembers 999. Everyone remembers 1,000. I'm assuming the plan is just to get to next week with no major hiccups. I'll be checking it out anyway.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I liked the Punk/AJ/Bryan SL personally but this is the time to move on from it at least as far as Punk being in it. Should be a interesting show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I liked the Punk/AJ/Bryan SL personally but this is the time to move on from it at least as far as Punk being in it. Should be a interesting show.

I did too until the proposal nonsense last Monday, but I don't see how they'll be able to move on from it after it not having a clear cut finish last night. I'm interested to see what they do with it if we are going to get Punk/Cena at SummerSlam.