WWE no longer offering Blu-Ray or DVD releases in America

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
wwe_61.jpg

Source: f4wonline.com

WWE DVDs and Blu-rays will no longer be offered in the United States.

Wrestling DVD Network reported today that WWE will no longer offer DVD and Blu-ray releases starting in 2022. The last physical media release is set to be Survivor Series 2021, which will be released on December 28. A home video release on Drew McIntyre is also set to be released this month on December 14.

The report also said that this will likely mean that further releases in Canada and Australia will also no longer happen, with Australia’s final releases of WWE's 2021 pay-per-view events taking place in March. In the UK, however, Day One and Royal Rumble releases are currently scheduled to be released through Fremantle, which distributes WWE's DVDs and Blu-rays in the region.

WWE’s home video releases date back to 1985, releasing VHS tapes through Coliseum Video. Their video distribution company was later renamed to WWE Home Video, with their first DVD releases, one focusing on Stone Cold Steve Austin and another on the WrestleMania 15 pay-per-view event, being released in 1999.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I know I do most of my viewing on streaming services and whatnot, but I really hope physical media isn't completely phased out in the future like what is happening with these WWE releases. I'm not a big fan of how streaming services can take away content as an example. It's also nice to own some wrestling stuff on DVD's and Blu-Rays because if I ever don't have internet access, they are great. So I'm not surprised this is coming, but it's sad for those who enjoy to own them properly instead.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:pour

Thank fuck I got the Mick Foley 2004 DVD, the apex of WWE Home Video.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Streaming services are fucked. So many times they just up and remove shit, and Peacock have done the same with the WWE library. As Fourth said, if the internet is ever out, it's sweet as to put on a DVD and watch it.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I was a huge Collector of the DVD Releases from WWE for alot of Years so hearing this makes me quite sad even it was bound to happen. The last DVD from WWE I purchased was the Owen Hart one I enjoy having a Physical Copy of something especially something I love sucks to think one day that might entirely end.

Reactions: Alexa and Doom

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean it’s not surprising and quite frankly i thought it would happen a long time ago. With the network there’s no reason for DVD’s anymore. Just another sad event for me as I used to love getting a WWE DVD when I was younger. I have a huge collection actually. Crazy how the world changes.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
abandonedmemories.tumblr.com
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
As more skeletons fall out of closets expect more edits and whole shows/documentaries to be pulled.

My physical media belongs to me. Can't say the same about stuff I stream. Also the reason why I 'back up' all the AEW special episodes. Because I want to be able to watch them as they aired again in the future.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Not a smart business in my honest opinion. If someone's internet is out for an ammount of time. What are people are going to do that sold all of their dvd's and settled for streaming? They would be bored. Thank god I still have all of my dvd's that I have never sold. Sometimes DVD's is the way to go same as for VHS tapes.

Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Means that DVDs/Blu-Rays will have a higher resell value now.

Reactions: Geese

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
One of my (many) lifes big regrets is selling off my ECW VHS collection. And later my ECW DVD collection. Anyone reading this with wrestling dvds and vhs tapes - HOLD ONTO THEM! Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
One of my (many) lifes big regrets is selling off my ECW VHS collection. And later my ECW DVD collection. Anyone reading this with wrestling dvds and vhs tapes - HOLD ONTO THEM! Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Can you explain why :lol

Moon Bird

Reaction score
Website
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
Hook1
Can you explain why :lol

The VHS tapes went because I didn't have a working VCR any more (the VCR was built into the TV and I got a new TV so no more VCR. Plus at that point DVD was coming in.

The DVDS went because WWE Network came along... and I'd reached a point where most other physical media I was using (music and movies) were becoming obsolete. Like I was buying albums on Itunes rather than on CD and such. So I was kinda de-cluttering and simplifying my life by owning less physical stuff.

And now here I am all these years later re-buying everything again...

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The VHS tapes went because I didn't have a working VCR any more (the VCR was built into the TV and I got a new TV so no more VCR. Plus at that point DVD was coming in.

The DVDS went because WWE Network came along... and I'd reached a point where most other physical media I was using (music and movies) were becoming obsolete. Like I was buying albums on Itunes rather than on CD and such. So I was kinda de-cluttering and simplifying my life by owning less physical stuff.

And now here I am all these years later re-buying everything again...

No I meant why do you regret selling them