WWE looking to sign superstar?? SNME News and Notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

FlamesofFury

Reaction score
The little place in the back of your mind that you
- The Saturday Night's Main Event match featuring Kane, Eugene and Doink the Clown vs. Umaga, Kevin Thorn, and Viscera was originally to also feature Goldust and Kamala. The plan was to book Kane, Goldust, Shannon Moore and Kamala vs. Umaga, Viscera, Doink the Clown and Kevin Thorn.

- Dustin Runnels agreed to the SNME booking on 5/25, but pulled out on 5/28. Apparently Runnels claimed to have a previous booking but later claimed to have a bad back.

- Dusty Rhodes was asked to intervene, but he said he didn't want to mix business with family.

- Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz had gotten approval to offer Goldust a full-time contract to return, and was planning to give him a big push.

(credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

phantomgerald

dusty rhodes is a smart guy. he doesn't want to let business affect his family.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Any chance they had of pushing Golddust died years ago.

Which is really too bad, because initially the Golddust character was pretty out there.

breazy7399

Reaction score
Keep that family and business seperated

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Smart guy not to let buisness get into his family

3lions

Reaction score
Goldust was a great character when he first debuted, but his character died years ago. I have no idea why they would want to push him now? He isn't getting any younger and during his last run in the company, he was electricuted and went Blue. Then he returns and challenges Cena/Triple H (I read another report saying that the original plan was for Goldust to return as a heel and would eventually feud with Triple H/Cena - depending on his heel heat). Yehh, that's believable.

Dat_Dude

Reaction score
I agree with everyone on this one Goldust was only somewhat successful in the Attitude Era but to bring him back now is ridiculous. If they want to bring him back give him that gimmic he had in TNA. Maybe then you could stick him with Cade and Muddock.