WWE Just Made The Same Mistake As 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Why Sheamus won the Rumble...

rumble1-1.jpg
"PWInsider.com is reporting that the primary reason why WWE decided to go with Sheamus as the winner of the Royal Rumble last night is because most insiders were predicting that Chris Jericho would get the big win.

Furthermore, WWE had the announcers push the "swerve" with the line questioning which title Sheamus would choose to challenge for. Additionally, the line puts over the unpredictability of the match, and the shake-up of the WWE landscape.

It's being said that Sheamus has been getting a great reaction from crowds at recent live events, and that WWE officials are firmly behind him as a top babyface in the company."

Hmmmmm....your thoughts?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't like how WWE sometimes makes these decisions based on swerving the audience. I hope they actually have plans for Sheamus, otherwise his win will have been a waste.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Without having seen how they follow up on his win tonight on Raw yet, my guess is he'll use his challenge on the Undertaker.

It would definitely be different from other Rumble winners and could get some serious crowd support behind Sheamus. You can't help but respect someone passing up their chance at the championship to face Mania's most legendary streak.

Or he'll lose the title shot at the next ppv. But I reeeeeeally hope that doesn't happen.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Did you forget to include the sauce? Lol.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Why WWE Decided On Sheamus To Win the Rumble
PWInsider.com is reporting that the primary reason why WWE decided to go with Sheamus as the winner of the Royal Rumble last night is because most insiders were predicting that Chris Jericho would get the big win.

Furthermore, WWE had the announcers push the "swerve" with the line questioning which title Sheamus would choose to challenge for. Additionally, the line puts over the unpredictability of the match, and the shake-up of the WWE landscape.

It's being said that Sheamus has been getting a great reaction from crowds at recent live events, and that WWE officials are firmly behind him as a top babyface in the company.

It is unpredictable but I'm still thinking he'll go after the WHC, and he has been getting great reactions but I can't really tell due to the fact SmackDown reactions are added in.

Reaction score
Without having seen how they follow up on his win tonight on Raw yet, my guess is he'll use his challenge on the Undertaker.
It would definitely be different from other Rumble winners and could get some serious crowd support behind Sheamus. You can't help but respect someone passing up their chance at the championship to face Mania's most legendary streak.
Or he'll lose the title shot at the next ppv. But I reeeeeeally hope that doesn't happen.

In my opinion the streak is more valued then the championship itself. Beating Taker at mania will put Sheamus in the history books. While Sheamus will eventually lose the title, he won't lose what he might accomplish at Mania. I agree with you.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Don't see the hate they have been building Sheamus for a long time and look at any of my Rumble posts in the last 2 weeks, he was my pick throughout. I think he is ready for the main events and fans are definitely behind him. Will stop here cause most of this has been said, I'm late to the thread.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pretty obvious Sheamus is going to face whoever the World champ is at that time, don't see Bryan being the champ come WM time.