WWE Insight (Week #2: WWE Championship Money In The Bank) Smart or Foolish?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

#HEELRaghe

Reaction score
Hey guys, #HEELRaghe here, I hope you all have been enjoying you week, before we get into the insight, I would like to thank everybody at the Wrestling Smarks website that have awarded me the Best New Member Award, really starting to feel at home here, and I'm glad that all of the members agree with my posts, or love to disagree. Whatever the reason, I've had a blast here.

Now for the insight. We are merely just on3 short week away from one of the most important pay per views of the year for the WWE, and that's Money in the Bank. Wrestlemania may have the star power, Summerslam may have the glitz and the glam, but when it comes to a techincally fine-tuned, storyline driven pay per view, Money in the Bank is the pay per view that comes to mind and that is all because of last year's 5 star match between John Cena and CM Punk, a brilliant match between Christian and Randy Orton that solidified Christian's heel persona, the rising stock of Mark Henry's monstrous run, and the faith the WWE had in Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio. Daniel Bryan turned out to probably be not just an internet darling, but one the major playors in the WWE today, I know its a bold prediction but YES! YES! YES! might become a better slogan than WHAT? when it's all said and done. All in All the WWE got it right at Money in the Bank 2011, but are they striking gold for 2012? Well one question that is on my mind, and the one match that might just ruin the pay per view is the WWE Championship Money in the Bank match,a match that is to further potential stars has now turned into a match that will feature future hall of famers. I know it's just me, but this match is almost doomed to be disaster, and when you point everything you out you have an idea of who is going to win. In this insight I am going to detail each of the opponents, why they are here, their chances of winning, and at the end of the insight whether or not the match will receive a green light, a yellow light, or the red light. So let's get started!

Big Show: Big Show was the loveable baby face that turned smiles on people's faces, gave his hat to the kids, and served an ass-whooping to the bad guys that have been making your children scared at night. But at Over the Limit that all changed. In what was a horrible main event, Big Show interfered in the John Laurinaitis-John Cena match, and it looked as if Big Show was helping John Cena. The previous week on RAW, Big Johnny Ace fired Big Show, while Big Show proved to us his acting chops while crying in the middle of the ring. Maybe that's why his film "Knuckleheads" was in select theaters. But that's a whole 'nother insight. Anyways Big Show turned heel that night in Raleigh,North Carolina. He was no longer the loveable babyface, but he turned into the monstrous heel gimmick, that we have seen over and over again. Big Show was getting stale anyways, so this was kinda nice. He started a feud with John Cena leading up to No Way Out, and believe it or not, John Cena (w/Vince McMahon) vs Big Show (w/John Laurinaitis) was the main event. It seems to the WWE that John Cena and Big Show are bigger than the WWE Championsip. What else is new? Anyways Big Show lost yet again to the all-mighty John Cena, and Laurinaitis was fired. Now it seems like creative has nothing for the Big Show, they can't insert him into the WWE Championship feud, because CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are putting up stellar matches, a great storyline and the chemistry is building just like Christian and Randy Orton's series of matches a short year ago. But its true, creative has nothing for the Big Show right now, and Big Show inserted himself into the Money in the Bank Match, then John Cena inserts himself into the match. I dont wanna be a lone wolf here, but this match isn't really about Money in the Bank, its really to further the already lacking storyline of the Big Show and John Cena. So what are Show's chances? It's likely that he will win the Money in the Bank match, to further his new character, and give Show a WWE Championship run, and a new face holding the title. It is likely, but I wouldnt count on it.

Chances: Likely

Kane: The new masked Kane debuted at the Slammys when he interferred in the main event match that consisted of Mark Henry and John Cena, and everyone was thinking he'd attack Mark Henry for taking him out on Smackdown, but no, WWE decided to swerve us yet again, and Kane attacked John Cena. Chock slamming him in the middle of the ring, as Henry rolled out, and BOOM a feud has started. At TLC, John Cena was not on the card, a rarity for the face of the franchise, and with the ongoing character issues that surrounded Cena at the time, WWE creative did an amazing thing by having Kane's motives clear. Have Cena embrace the hate. In other words, have Cena turn heel. It was a really interesting storyline as Kane was giving heart-felt promos that Kane hasn't really shown us. He has shown that he can handle the mic, and his promos helped further the storyline. The two had a match at Royal Rumble that ended in a double countout. OH GOD. Please don't get me started on how horrible the booking was, because I'll go on and on, but the feud had to continue. You cant end a feud with a double countout, so they had an Ambulance Match at Elimination Chamber. Interesting concept that was last used between Shane McMahon and Kane, so Kane has been in Ambulance Matches before. Unfortunately, it main evented the pay per view, and the WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match was yet again an after-thought. Cena was victorious, to not make him look weak for his "Once in a Lifetime" match with The Rock. Kane was then inserted into a feud with Orton. A good match at Wrestlemania, and a great match at Extreme Rules. After that Kane was sent into oblivion. He was in the dark match against Zach Ryder at Over the Limit, and out of nowhere inserted into a WWE Championship Match at No Way Out, or what I like to call the Love Triangle Match that was more focused on winning AJ's heart then winning the WWE Championship. So what are Kane's chances? Highly unlikely. Sure he's won a Money in the Bank before, that's an added reason why he wont win the match, but the fact is Kane is in this match because he's the only other former champion that is on the roster right now, that isn't injured, or isn't suspended.

Chances: Highly Unlikely

Chris Jericho:
Chris Jericho returned to Monday Night RAW on January 2nd 2012. He was the man behind the "It Begins" videos, and a great return executed by the WWE, although the IWC suspected it would be Jericho, it was great that the WWE didnt screw it. His road to Wrestlemania was fantastic. His final words on RAW before the Royal Rumble "This Sunday at the Rumble, it will be the end of the world as you know it" Many suspected he would win the Royal Rumble. The IWC was certain he would win the Royal Rumble and subsequently challenge CM Punk for his WWE Championship at Wrestlemania, but yet again the WWE decided to swerve us, and gave Sheamus the Royal Rumble win. A great choice, because Sheamus was getting over with the crowd, and he needed this push, as for Jericho it took nothing away from him, because he is already a big star. He was then inserted into the Elimination Chamber match, and CM Punk retained, and Chris Jericho was not eliminated, he was knocked out of the chamber and by WWE referees and doctors took him out of the match. Great move by the WWE. It would make him look weak leading up to Wrestlemania, and it looked like a botched move, but then again nothing is new in the WWE. And on RAW Chris Jericho won a Number One contenders match to face CM Punk at Wrestlemania. The match everyone wanted to see. Punk vs Jericho. Best in the World vs Best in the World, and that match stole the show. I am going to go on a limb and say that was the best wrestling match of the show. It was a show stealer. Everyone was focused on Cena-Rock, Taker-HHH with HBK as Referee, everyone noticed Punk and Jericho were on the card but it wasn't a priority. Best wrestling match on the card. Taker-HHH was the best storyline match, but Punk and Jericho was the best pure wrestling match. Sheamus and Daniel Bryan could have got that honor, but we all know what happened. Jericho got a rematch with Punk at Extreme Rules which was another great match, he was in a Fatal Four Way match for the World Heavyweight Championship at Over the Limit, and last seen on RAW when he attacked Randy Orton. This was to start up a feud, but Jericho was suspended 30 days for his actions at a live event, and Orton was suspended 60 days for his Wellness Policy. The WWE was thrown into the deep end with no life preserver, and it was horrid. Now Jericho has returned and has entered Money in the Bank match. So what are his chances? Good, I mean I'm sure the WWE wants to give him one good run with a title before he focuses on his music yet again. Has Jericho's return been a failure? That's debatable, but I'm sure you never doubt Jericho when he steps into a ring.

Chances: Good

John Cena: John Cena.. I dont know where to start... Money in the Bank, Summerslam? I'll start at Survivor Series. John Cena hasn't been in the title hunt since Hell in a Cell. He teamed up with the Rock at Survivor Series to further the storyline, was not on the card for TLC. And his feud with Kane ended at Elimination Chamber. So he was ready to face The Rock, and it looked as if Cena was in for a major character development following Wreslemania, especially if he loses. Cena did lose that night, and he didnt get a character development. Instead WWE Creative pushed for a Lesnar-Cena feud for Extreme Rules. It wasn't a bad feud, but the buildup was weak. Cena didn't get a character development, but instead was put into a David vs Goliath feud, where the big Brock Lesnar picking on little John Cena, and whether you liked it or not the WWE almost forced you to root for John Cena. Brock Lesnar was the big heel, that wanted to change the way RAW was governed. Smart move by WWE, in all honesty you cant change a man that has a partnership with Make-A-Wish. You dont see Alberto Del Rio make wishes do you? I mean he could.. but you get my point. At Over the Limit, Cena was pitted against John Laurinaitis, a match that main-evented the pay per view and YET AGAIN the WWE Championship was overlooked. You know what I should make an insight based solely on the fact that the WWE Championship is being overlooked and it looks as if John Cena is bigger than the WWE Championship when he isn't. Following Over the Limit, he faced the Big Show at No Way Out, a match that closed the show, and Cena remained victorious. Now he inserts himself into Money in the Bank, and it doesn't look like its about the ladder match, it looks more like a furthering of the Big Show-Cena storyline. Kane and Jericho are there to improve the quality of the match but other than that, its about Cena and Show. One of them is going to win that match, and I think it will be Cena. So what are his chances? Highly likely! It's John "Freakin'" Cena we are talking about. The face of the WWE. Plans for Summerslam include for CM Punk and John Cena to be the co-main event to Triple H and Brock Lesnar. It seems to me that the WWE wants to go unconventional with this one. Have Cena win Money in the Bank and then challenge CM Punk at Summerslam with briefcase in hand. It's almost predictable, and you can almost take it to the bank! Pun intended.

Chances:
Highly Likely

Reaction: Red Light

Overall, the Money in the Bank pay per view looks like it will be a event. Atleast on paper. The WWE Championship will be great. The World Heavyweight Championship will be solid, and the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank match looks like an actual Money in the Bank match. As for the WWE Championship Money in the Bank match, don't expect any big spots. Any high risk manuevers off a ladder.. maybe Jericho can do that, but that's it. Big Show and Kane are going to slow the pace down, and the match will resemble Kevin Nash and Triple H at TLC 2011, we all know how that went. Slow and groggy... that's what she said ;). Aha, all jokes aside I'm looking forward to Money in the Bank, and in paticular the WWE Championship Money in the Bank Match. Leave your feedback, and my next insight will be next week on whether or not CM Punk should turn heel.

Have a great weekend everybody!
#HEELRaghe

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I disagree that the WWE MITB won't be good actually. I could be dead wrong however, but I just believe that with 4 very solid workers, they'll make the match good, even if it's not what we're used to. No, there won't be any big spots, but it will resemble more of an actual match. And seriously, imagine Show climbing a ladder, I really can't wait to see him try.