WWE doesn't understand why best friends would team together, says Deonna Purrazzo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky

"Me and Chelsea were told, 'We just don't know why being best friends would be a tag team. Being best friends doesn't mean you're a tag team.' Um...we have pictures together, we travel the world together, she's legitimately been my best friend for like seven years. We work together and there's a dynamic there because we literally spend every day of our lives together. For some people they see it, for others, that's not what they see. I thought it was absurd that I couldn't be a tag team with my best friend because we were best friends."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They know tag teams 9/10 times end up hating each other.....now use that question again with that context and see why it's a valid question.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
They might work well together in the ring but they still need to make sense as a gimmick. They have nothing in common when it comes to looks or characters. WWE weren't wrong about this one.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
They might work well together in the ring but they still need to make sense as a gimmick. They have nothing in common when it comes to looks or characters. WWE weren't wrong about this one.

Storyline reasons can help, but from what I understand of their characters, it could work. Then take an IRL chemistry and it can work well.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
Storyline reasons can help, but from what I understand of their characters, it could work.
Back when they were on NXT, Chelsea played the bitchy diva all about her looks and Deonna was a technical prodigy. They didn't really have anything in common except the Robert Stone brand.

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Back when they were on NXT, Chelsea played the bitchy diva all about her looks and Deonna was a technical prodigy. They didn't really have anything in common except the Robert Stone brand.

Both had some confidence to the point of cockiness. Sure, for different reasons, but it could have been an interesting pairing.