WWE 2016 MOTY Thread (COMPLETE)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
YR6Qbae.png

TMBS

So I have this idea, to go back and rewatch all the WWE MOTYC from 2016 and rank them in order. Lucky for me, I don't have to use my memory. WWE.com have their own list so I'm gonna use that, but here's where it might get crazy, I'm gonna watch it in WWE order then rank them myself. So what that means is I'm gonna start with "WWE.com" #25 and work my way down to #1. But as I watch them I will add the first match as #1, then with every match, if I think it's better it will be #1 and the previous match will be bumped down. Makes sense?

If I've forgotten any match at the end, please let me know and I'll find and watch it.

25. WWE RAW 26/09/2016 - WWE Tag Team Championship: Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The New Day (c) **1/2
24. WWE RAW 14/03/2016 - Triple H vs. Dolph Ziggler **1/2
23. WWE RAW 07/03/2016 - WWE Tag Team Championship: - The New Day (c) vs. Y2AJ ***
22. WWE Money in the Bank - Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens vs. Alberto Del Rio ***
21. WWE Roadblock - WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H (c) vs. Dean Ambrose *** - ***1/4
20. NXT TakeOver Brooklyn II - NXT Women's Championship: Bayley vs. Asuka (c) ***1/4
19. WWE Fastlane - AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho ***1/4
18. WWE WrestleMania 32 - Triple Threat Match for the Women's Championship: Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair (c) ***1/2
17. WWE Money in the Bank - WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns (c) ***1/2 - ***3/4
16. WWE Survivor Series - Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Smackdown vs. Team RAW ***3/4
15. WWE RAW 25/07/2016 – WWE RAW Women's Championship: Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Flair (c) ***3/4
14. WWE RAW 21/11/2016 - No Disqualification Match for the WWE Universal Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens (c) ***3/4 - ****
13. WWE Cruiserweight Classic 03/08/2016 – First Round Match: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano ****
12. WWE Extreme Rules - Fatal 4-Way Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn ****
11. WWE No Mercy - Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Championship: Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena vs. AJ Styles (c) ****
10. WWE SummerSlam - WWE Universal Championship: Finn Bálor vs. Seth Rollins ****
9. WWE No Mercy - Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (Career vs. Title) ****1/4
8. WWE Hell in a Cell - Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE RAW Women's Championship: Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (c) ****1/4
7. WWE Cruiserweight Classic 10/08/2016 – Second Round March: Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander ****1/4
6. NXT TakeOver Dallas - NXT Tag Team Championship: The Revival (c) vs. American Alpha ****1/4 - ****1/2
5. WWE Extreme Rules - Extreme Rules Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles ****1/2
4. WWE SummerSlam - AJ Styles vs. John Cena ****3/4
3. NXT TakeOver Dallas - Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Sami Zayn ****3/4
2. WWE Battleground - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens ****3/4

01.NXT TakeOver Toronto - NXT Tag Team Championship: #DIY vs. The Revival (Two Out Of Three Falls Match) ****3/4

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Awesome idea for a thread. I'll be watchin' intently.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
25. WWE Roadblock - WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

Even though this turned out to be a 3 weeks filler feud, pretty much designed to get Triple H further into ring-shape for his Roman match at Mania, it had a pretty decent story and build. Dean is in his Brock feud but Brock only comes around, once in blue moon so why not get the “hottest” face in the company so let’s put them together we need to sell this network exclusive show. And right off the bat, they do something cool then ruin it, I love during the main event when you see superstars walk from the back to gorilla before coming out, but first they ruin it by having the champion come out first. Good pace and feeling out to start, they work it as Triple H the bigger, more experienced and more technical veteran. Dean realizes that he’s not gonna beat Triple H playing his game so he goes to his unorthodox tricks e.g. pulling the nose, fish-hooks and twisting his fingers in a headlock. Once he gets Triple H off his game, he smartly begins to target Triple H’s knee/quad. But that goes nowhere real quick, so as a result Triple H no sells and they move on to Triple H’s heat portion. He works the back and that’s really good, but Dean’s selling is pretty bad, he will half ass sell during the beating than just no sell when he does anything offense. They move the match into a back and forth, they counter one another’s signature moves, so Dean goes back to the knee after 7 minutes with a figure four. Triple H fights out so Dean applies a Rock level lolsharpshooter in CANADA! But he manages to get to the ropes, DEAN THEN HITS THE DIRTY DEEDS BUT AND PINS HIM FOR THREE, BUT DEANS’ FEET WERE UNDER THE ROPES SO THE REF WAVES IT OFF AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH! Well they gets the fans invested finally, and after Deans shitty suicide shove to the floor, they start a this is awesome chant :lmao Dean begins to get desperate as he feels he got robbed so he tries an elbow drop through the announce table, but it was part of Triple H’s plan and e moves at the last second, he rolls in looking for the count out win, but when Dean rolls in at 9 Triple H hits the pedigree and covers for the win. The action was fine, but I felt it was just lacking that something. Hatred or desperation on the part of Dean, just something was missing. *** - ***1/4

cxr2WLg.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
24. WWE Survivor Series - Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match: Team Smackdown (Shane McMahon, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, AJ Styles & Dean Ambrose w/James Ellsworth) vs. Team RAW (Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens)

I hated this build going in, and I hated the build coming out; but with that being said what they did in this match was great; Slow build as we get some little cool teases and interactions, AJ/Owens interaction, recreating AJ/Jericho then the Seth/AJ tease before Dean ruined it. God damn, Shane’s punches continue to be the woat. But to his credit he takes a hell of a beating not only from Jericho but Roman too, he really sells it well. The match finally breaks down into a massive brawl, allowing wrestlers to hit some dives one after the other for pops. I like that they had AJ/Dean look pretty unstoppable when they put their differences aside, but you knew they couldn’t stop aside their differences long enough so they get into a mini-brawl which allows Braun to pick up the pieces and hit Dean with his running powerslam eliminating him. AJ doesn’t even try to help 5-4, Raw. BRAUUNNNN! Kicks it into another gear with help from AJ’s magnificent bumping, nice little tease with Braun going face to face with his onetime leader Bray, but BRAUN IS A NEW MAN! AND HE’S NO LONGER A FOLLOWER! He fuckin’ dropkicks him :mark: Braun gets tunnel vision as he tears apart the announce table BUT OUT OF NOWHERE ORTON HITS HIM WITH THE RKO ON THE TABLE :mark: They place Braun on the table, and Shane hits the flying elbow whipping out Braun. AJ smartly puts Shane in the ring, as Braun is almost back in the ring but he can’t get back in as the ref counts to 10. The camera pans out with someone holding his foot, IT’S JAMES! BRAUUNNNN! IS PISSED! AS HE STALKS AND CHASES HIM UP THE RAMP, James trips and is in no man’s land; Braun then throws him off the stage and through a table. We’re all tied up. 4-4.

Team Raw continue to isolate Shane, AJ tags in but it’s not really a hot tag he just goes in and starts trading moves with Jericho. He takes a cheapshot to Owens, so Owens comes back and nails him with the List Of Jericho for the DQ. 3-4 SD, Jericho sees his paper scattered over the floor and is sad, which allows Orton to tag in and hit the RKO eliminating him. 4-2 SD. FUCK YEAH! AJ/Roman interactions again. The match again breaks down, as Shane who has been dead for the past 5 minutes gets his 2nd wind, he takes the fight to both Roman and Seth; he then goes for the coast-to-coast on Roman, BUT ROMAN CATCHES HIM IN MID-AIR WITH A SPEAR! And IDK if it was instant or what, Shane’s shoulder was up so the ref stops the count even though Cole says it was the greatest elimination ever and then JoJo says Shane has not been eliminated. Everyone in the arena is confused, Shane looks dead. 3-2 SD, officials from the back come out to take Shane to the back, as the wrestlers move to the other side giving them room to move Shane to the back. Seth/AJ interaction :mark: Roman and Seth try to go for the old shield powerbomb but waste too much time allowing AJ to break it up, BUT THAT PIECE OF SHIT! DEAN RUNS OUT AND ATTACKS AJ. Refs do a terrible job running from the back allowing it to happen so security have to step in……….BUT ROMAN AND SETH BEAT UP THE SECURITY AND FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY THE SHIELD ARE BACK! They Triple powerbomb AJ through the announce table, Seth rolls him in and covers for the Elimination. 2-2.

It’s down to Seth/Roman vs. Bray/Orton; Harper pops out from under the ring and behind the refs back takes out Roman, Seth tries to fight off both men for as long as he can but the numbers catch up to him and in MID-AIR OUT OF A FROG SPLASH ATTEMPT ORTON HITS HIM WITH THE RKO for the elimination. Just like Seth the numbers are too much in the end, but Roman looks RomanSTRONG! He puts up a hell of a fight, but in a shocking twist Orton sacrifices’ himself and takes the spear allowing Bray to hit sister Abigail for the win. This doesn’t hold up like it did on the live watch, but it’s really good and had some great story telling moment and call-back interactions from feuds from 2016. Everyone came out looking strong, and you wanted to see what happens next. Its probably the best SSeries 5on5 match since 2005? ***3/4

HEQCZw4.gif
y5hXpKc.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
23. WWE RAW 26/09/2016 - WWE Tag Team Championship: Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson vs. The New Day (c)

So this is day 400 of the New Day’s tag title reign; this is joined in progress. It seems to be all New Day until they get too cocky allowing Luke to pull E off the apron and Karl hits a flying kick on Kofi right after Luke clotheslines him first. They isolate Kofi, as we head to another commercial. When we return the club are still in control but a fatal mistake from both members from the club allows E to get a hot tag, he cleans house but takes a nasty ring-post bump and a yakuza kick gets a two for Karl. E comes back with the flying spear to the floor; back in the mid-night hour (I think that’s what it’s called) gets two as Luke breaks it up. Luke breaks up a Kofi dive by sending him into the steps, that allows Karl to hit a flying neckbreaker and the club hit the magic killer for two. As Kofi who is busted open breaks it up. Kofi tags back in after being thrown out and hits trouble in paradise for the win. This is solid, but not MOTYC at all. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
22. WWE Money in the Bank - Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Cesaro vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens vs. Alberto Del Rio

Dean/Jericho, Owens/Sami, and Cesaro/Del Rio all pair off to start; Cesaro and Del Rio do this awful no sell back breakers a minute in smh. MITB matches don’t do anything for me anymore and this one is that it’s a lot of 2 men in other guys I wanna say sell on the floor but cause the camera doesn’t pan out you can just see a couple of hands on the apron so it looks like guys are just waiting for their time to get back. Jericho, however, has a small highlight as he slams the ladder on the back of Dean as payback for the 69 thumbtacks spot, he counts 1,2,3,4 and jumps to 69 :lmao I will give them credit everyone at some point in the match had a spotlight on them that made you, not me but if you was watching this for the first time you go. You know I can actually see ……….. Win. One amazing moment is Cesaro jumping off the ladder springboarding off the ropes and hitting a flying uppercut on Owens was beautiful. Sami’s Michinoku driver onto the side standing ladder to Owens was pretty sick; all 6 brawl on the ladder and reach for the contract but Cesaro and Del Rio are shoved off, then Dean and Jericho. Sami crotches Owens leaving him all alone but Jericho runs the ladder and knocks him down, as he reaches for the case Dean drags him down and connects with dirty deeds. Owens pulls Sami down again and murders him with a powerbomb onto the ladder. Owens and Dean race to the top, and Dean outlasts him with punches knocking him down and Dean unhooks the case for the win.I wanna say this might be the safest MITB match in recent years, not saying it didn’t have some brutal and cringe/ouch moments but no one didn’t take any unnecessary bumps and there wasn’t that HOLY SHIT! DEATH spot which for me was refreshing. ***

0lv1OiG.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
21. WWE Fastlane - AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho

So this is the 3rd match, and the series is tied 1-1. I really don’t remember what the feud was about, I think it was Jericho trying to big league AJ with some phony “welcome to the big leagues, kid” line and that resulted in some matches. I think I have that right; some good counter wrestling to start which is mostly carried by AJ, I love Jericho but he’s clearly lost a step and most of what he’s doing looks telegraphed and slower. Jericho gains the advantage off a huge back body drop, nobody gets higher or makes a backdrop look better than AJ, it’s like he waits until almost the last second to fully shift his body weight over or he’ll drop on his neck. You can tell Jericho is excited about this as he’s busting out shit I haven’t seen since 2000 face Jericho or same with his counters. When was the last time Jericho countered a crossbody to the floor with a dropkick, or then slingshotting himself back in with a side-splash. I like that they play it up or Jericho does as being one-step ahead, he’s learnt from the first 2 matches and knows what AJ traits are so he has these amazing counters e.g. AJ goes for the springboard forearm, but Jericho counters with a top rope springboard dropkick kicking the ropes forcing AJ to lose his balance. Minutes later Jericho counters a ‘rana off the top, almost dropping AJ on her neck on the drop down, thankfully he catches himself and locks in the Walls Of Jericho. You can see Jericho is beginning to visibly frustrated so he starts taking cheap shots and talking shit only like he can first by flinging AJ headfirst into the ringside barricade then locking in the walls on the floor looking for the countout; AJ gets in at the count of 9 but as he tries to climb through the ropes Jericho hits the codebreaker for 2. AJ comes back with a styles clash with gets kicked out so AJ immediately locks in the calf crusher and Jericho taps, the match was really good and had a great story on Jericho’s half. Wasn’t a fan of the finish, I would have liked AJ to at least target the leg at some point during the match so at least commentators could sell it as oh he worked it earlier. It’s the same problem I have with TJ and some of those other 205 guys. After the match; Jericho shakes AJ hand. ***1/4

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
20. NXT TakeOver Brooklyn II - NXT Women's Championship: Bayley vs. Asuka (c)

You know what I just found out, how much I’m a mark for Asuka’s entrance song and her cocky yet creepy shaking that she does during the entrance; that whole shit is awesome. This was quite enjoyable, really well done. Good feeling out process with neither wanting to show their hand early, Asuka who plays the heel by default in this starts getting cocky which allows Bayley to rattle off some quick roll ups for close two counts, then out of nowhere Asuka hits this awesome knee to the Bayley’s chin and Bayley just crumbles to the mat, Asuka follows up with these awesome Tajiri inspired kicks really dope; but like earlier Auska is not taking this serious or is way too cocky which allows Bayley to make this really good comeback, the match moves into a back and forth contest, everything thing is hit crisp and clean, one thing I don’t like and it seems to be a thing now is just locking in random submissions with no build, it’s kinda like the new rest hold. Granted the sequence and reversals in said submission is cool, but how many times has a wrestler tapped from a reversal out of a roll through into an ankle lock with no prior ankle work, unless you’re Kurt and the ankle lock is your finisher. Minutes later Auska tries to lock in a cross face chicken wing aka the Auska lock but Bayley counters into the Bayley-to-belly for two; she would again reverse it into a quick pin fall attempt for two, AUSKA IS PISSED AND KILLS HER WITH KICKS TO THE HEAD for the win. A few little picky on my behalf flaws, but still really good. ***1/4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
19. WWE RAW 07/03/2016 - WWE Tag Team Championship: - The New Day (c) vs. Y2AJ

So AJ and Jericho have gone from bitter enemies to now tag partners, hey it’s Sheamus/Cesaro before SheaCesaro was a thing. So RAW before this, Y2AJ pinned the champs in a none-title giving them this match tonight, this is also day 197 of New Day’s title run. This is good but doesn’t hold up like I thought it would, New Day get the early advantage on Jericho after Woods gets involved, lolfaces. AJ hot tag rules and we get this sweet spot where E blind tags in and as AJ goes for a springboard E catches him in mid-air in position for the big ending, Kofi comes in with the assist but Jericho breaks it up. Jericho has his own cool hot tag, Jericho hits a lionsault and AJ follows up with a 450 but E pulls Kofi out at two, the teams go back and forth with Y2AJ seeming to be one step ahead; the match ends with Kofi being locked in the walls and E vicious throws AJ into the barricade taking him out. Kofi would crawl to his corner and tag E in without Jericho seeing, but as E comes running in Jericho catches him in walls attempt, but E kicks him off with his thick tree legs. E would then catch Jericho’s codebreaker attempt and hit the big ending for the win. Great finishing stretch, that turned this really solid match a “MOTYC” In WWE’s eyes I guess. After the match; JERICHO TURNS ON AJ! He hits him with 3 codebreakers and stuffs the Y2AJ shirt in his mouth. And he starts something magical, well not straight away I think that happens in August or July, or was is September? Fuck it LETS ALL DRINK IT IN, MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! ***

pky546A.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
18. WWE RAW 14/03/2016 - Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) vs. Dolph Ziggler

So Triple H is still getting into Mania ring shape to put over Roman, but he also has time to bury other young and up and comer right? This also has a cool stip which I hope WWE use again this year, this is a none-title match, but if Dolph wins he can have any match he wants at mania just not for the WWE championship. Dolph comes out and does his best Shawn impression wearing Triple H down with a side headlock early, I would have preferred Dolph would have come out and thrown everything at Triple H early looking to end it early, he should be wanting to gas out the much larger man. Yes this is Triple H’s 2nd match in 48 hours and 3rd match in 3 months, but Dolph has been on the road night in and night out for years he should have been trying to exploit that but instead he gets sicked into Triple H’s game, anyway Triple H sends him into the barricade and begins working the shoulder, and Dolph does a good job selling not just during the beating but also during his comeback. They have this nice series of real close near falls for Dolph, and Triple H does an amazing job of “instant kicking” he makes a shitty fame-asser and a superkick look like hit might end it, he would block the zig-zag but holds onto the top rope, and Dolph falls back, he would quickly hit the pedigree and cover for the win. **1/2

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Lol @ calling Dolph in up-and-comer :lmaolmao

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
only nice thing i could come up with, I guess i could have said going nowhere babyface that win over doesn't matter. But i wanted to put over :hhh5:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
17. WWE Money in the Bank - WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns (c)

So Seth made his return at the last PPV after tearing his ACL, MCL, and medial meniscus in his knee back in November; the video package they air for this is brilliant, it’s two years in the making not that WWE is amazing at build a feud, but because first Roman got injured in 2014 then Seth got injured next :lmao I believe this is their first ever one-on-one match since the Shield Breakup. This has a big fight feel during the entrances, thanks for having the champion come out 2nd. Cole does a great job questioning can Roman beat Seth, or Can Seth beat Roman without help, and even mentioning Seth ring rust compared to Roman who has been battle tested for months. Seth does a nice job slowing down Roman with wrestling, not allowing Roman to use the power advantage he has. Roman does manage to use his power so Rollin tries to adjust to the speed/stick and move offense which doesn’t work out. Roman, however is working heelish, methodical, taking his time picking apart Seth and enjoying himself while doing so. Roman “Razors Edge Powerbomb” is awesome, but as the match goes by you can see Roman getting visibly frustrated at Seth’s refusal to stay down, Seth weathers the storm and begins going to the aerial maneuver just for separation. Both men starting trading big moves for two counts, and in a nice moment; Seth goes for the sunset flip running buckle bomb but hesitates on the flips, as that was the move that injured him. He manages to hit the landing and the bucklebomb followed by a superkick for two. They continue to trade the big moves, but this crowd sucks it kinda takes away from some of the near falls. Another nice little spot is Rollin hits another bucklebomb but out of desperation Roman comes flying out with a superman punch and both men are out, minutes later Roman absolutely murders himself going for a spear on the floor but Seth moves and Roman crashes through the barricade. Back in, Roman hits a spear but Seth manages to kick out at two. HOLY SHIT SETH CATCHES ROMAN SPEAR ATTEMPT INTO A FUCKIN’ MODIFIED PEDIGREE! Seth immediately hits a 2nd and covers for the win. Really good match, hard hitting nice slow build, only let down was the shitty crowd. ***1/2 - ***3/4

QN0064B.gif
IeLz8xh.gif

FUCK THAT CASH IN! Terrible moment.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
16. WWE Extreme Rules - Fatal 4-Way Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (w/Maryse) (c) vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

SO THIS IS FUCKIN AMAZING! As soon as the bell rings, Sami comes charging in and takes out Owens with a helluva kick, both Cesaro and Miz are in shock so Cesaro charges and hits Miz with an uppercut taking him out. Sami/Cesaro interaction is awesome as usual, super fast paced until Cesaro does some amazing power moves. Owens finally gets involved taking out Miz and Cesaro just so we can get Owens/Sami, goodness, I’m probably the only person on the planet who never gets tired of them beating the shit out of one another, I do hate that fight forever shit, and I’ll never say it ever. HOLY SHIT! Miz has Sami in an Exploder suplex and Cesaro comes behind him German suplexing him, that allows Cesaro to do his uppercut train spot. Owens then does his cannonball train spot, but he misses the pop-up powerbomb and Sami counters with a half and half suplex, but Sami gets murdered with a pop-up uppercut, Miz then sneaks in the skull crushing finale on Cesaro for two. More Cesaro/Sami goodness; I love the mini-story with outside the helluva kick to start Sami isn’t able to hit it, he keeps getting cut off. First Cesaro stops it off a nasty uppercut, then Owens stops another with a superkick. He then hits Cesaro with a pop-up powerbomb but Miz pulls him out and hits a skull crushing finale on the floor, he quickly rushes back in and covers for two. SAMI HITS THE HELLUVA KICK BUT OWENS PULLS HIM OUT AND SAMI IS PISSED! Sami throws Owens into barricades over and over again, which allows Miz to sneak the pin in on Cesaro for the win. AWESOME! Never a dull moment, constant action, great interactions. Everyone came out looking better. ****

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
15. WWE Hell in a Cell - Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE RAW Women's Championship: Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (c)

So this match right here, this match right here. Both women get special entrances, Charlotte gets the throne walk while Sasha comes out in a Cadillac, what is this 2003/2004? Can WWE not afford to rent a Bentley or a Phantom? And right off the bat, major flaw. So as the cell is lowering they are pretty much standing side-by-side staring up as the cell is lowering which is ridiculous; these two have been feuding since when March or April. They should have been doing that “epic” staredown, maybe trash talking one another, or Charlotte doing the talking while Sasha just stares, anyway as Sasha looks shook, and has her eyes off here opponent that allows Charlotte to pearl harbor job her. Both women brawl onto the floor into the crowd, both men start climbing the cage but Charlotte smartly jumps down after one face ram. Sasha is in no man’s or should I say no woman’s land as she stuck and slowly tries to climb down but Charlotte is waiting and powerbombs her through the announce table. Refs come down to help Sasha and Charlotte does an amazing job of being just a bitch, her gloating is so over the top it’s amazing. I give Sasha credit too; she does her best HBK collapse to the floor impression. EMT’s come down with a stretcher; as they place a neck brace on Sasha and place her onto the stretcher. Charlotte stars singing “Na Na Na Na Na” :lmao JoJo begins to make the announcement and Sasha wakes up like NO! :lmao she hopes off the stretcher and can walk perfectly fine now :lmao The bell rings and after 10 minutes the match is now a go, Sasha takes some brutal bumps in this like when Charlotte monkey flips Sasha into the cell mesh, but just like everything else they do it’s not done clean Sasha lands on her neck and her lower back hits the cage, and getting dropped from in the ring to the ring apron off a side walk slam and one of my favourite spots is he side walk slam done to a seated chair, that Triple H use to do to Shawn; Sasha has some nice comebacks but her selling is suspect and really spotty. She would sell during the beating but anytime she would make a comeback or in-between sequences she would forget about it, which is unlike her at all. Unless lying motionless is the new sell? Sasha’s comeback was pretty amazing her knee offense looked brutal and I don’t know I will probably have to watch in slow mo but it looked like every knee connected direct to Charlotte’s face, it just looks vicious especially the ones when he had her on her knees up against the cage. Another awesome yet brutal spot is Charlotte out of desperation is trying to get away so as she’s crawling out of the ring she grabs Sasha by the hair and drops her face first onto the corner of the steel steps if WWE still did blade jobs that would have been perfect. Charlotte brings out a table which ultimately backfires as Sasha kicks her through it, but it looked more like Charlotte slipped so they moved to the next spot. Another table gets brought in, as Charlotte locks in the figure-eight, but out of desperation Sasha grabs a steel chair and hits her in the belly to break the hold. Charlotte fights off and banks statement with these nasty back breakers for two, she then places her on the table and heads up top but gets cut off as she looks like she wants to hit a moonsault. Sasha places the table on the other side of the ring, she goes for the bucklebomb but her back gives out and Charlotte viciously throws her into the table twice and finishes her off with the Natural Selection for the win. This actually is better than I remembered it being, I wasn’t a fan on the live watch. But watching it here it’s really awesome. Well deserving of the main event, it’s was brutal, violent, hard hitting. Great storytelling even if I wasn’t a fan of Sasha’s selling during the match. Hell, I even liked the fake out Sasha injury angle to start now, which I sure I clowned it at first. These two have unbelievable chemistry together and it looks so real, this may sound weird but even the sloppiness makes this believable that they hate one another. Great stuff! ****1/4