• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmark's Horror Movie Discussion Thread

OMBayBay

Hail To The Mod
Jun 10, 2019
Buffalo
Gerorge was more talking about Racism in the movie then the dead rising at least that what he said in an interview.

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
I mean, I can understand fighting something BECOMING public domain if you're still using it.

But, I feel if it is ALREADY public domain, you shouldn't be able to copyright it or what have you.
I meant 100 years after death. You aren't exactly gaining anything from it after you're dead.

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
Gerorge was more talking about Racism in the movie then the dead rising at least that what he said in an interview.
George never meant for it to be social commentary. He's been pretty vocal that the movie just happened to have a Black lead and just happened to come out immediately after Martin Luther King Jr.'s death.

Sylar

Evil Owner
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
I meant 100 years after death. You aren't exactly gaining anything from it after you're dead.
I mean, Disney isn't dying any time soon. The company itself is still using it. It's still a weird situation, but I do feel that's more acceptable then taking something out of public domain. I feel it was your job to reclaim it before it hits public domain.

Sylar

Evil Owner
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
I remember you saying we could keep doing horror movies and I was all for it lmao I just kept throwing out suggestions and bond stuck, I'd literally watch any movie ever made :lmao
So what you're saying is it's Grim's fault we ditched horror? :lizlol

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
I'll have to see if anything makes my lists tomorrow that I'm forgetting about rn but Alien might be my favorite horror movie of alltime ngl I'm a sucker for sci fi and it combines both genres so well

Reactions: Keith and Sylar

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
I'll have to see if anything makes my lists tomorrow that I'm forgetting about rn but Alien might be my favorite horror movie of alltime ngl I'm a sucker for sci fi and it combines both genres so well
Phenomena is my all-time favorite movie, not just horror. It helps that it's the inspiration for my ALL TIME favorite Video Game... Clock Tower. :side:

Reactions: Keith

Sylar

Evil Owner
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$ton
Same. As far as loving blending genres. One of my favorites is Terminator.

I often have to argue with people it's a classic 1980s horror film.

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
Same. As far as loving blending genres. One of my favorites is Terminator.

I often have to argue with people it's a classic 1980s horror film.
It is a horror movie though, in every sense of the word. Just because it's extremely sci-fi doesn't make it any less horrific. That's like people complaining that Blood Simple isn't a horror movie.

Reactions: Sylar