Wrestling moments ruined by commentary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Are there any wrestling moments or spots that you are ruined or damaged by the commentary?

I feel like the commentary on Hogan joining the nWo lets down the moment, it doesn't really do it justice.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Are there any wrestling moments or spots that you are ruined or damaged by the commentary?

I feel like the commentary on Hogan joining the nWo lets down the moment, it doesn't really do it justice.
The commentary on Raw pretty much ruins every match, same with SmackDown. It's why I watch the programs in Spanish instead, at least they know how to call a match.

As for your example, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it? Is there something in particular you wanted out of it and didn't get?

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Honestly, I was always agitated by Jerry Lawler's sophomoric rambling every time a woman showed up on television. I laughed at it when I was going through puberty, but after that I just found it to be overused and, in a way, thought that it really brought down certain matches and segments.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
The commentary on Raw pretty much ruins every match, same with SmackDown. It's why I watch the programs in Spanish instead, at least they know how to call a match.

As for your example, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with it? Is there something in particular you wanted out of it and didn't get?
I didn't like the way one of the commentators said "But which side is he on" without any enthusiasm.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Also, Michael Cole's entire "heel" commentator run could qualify as he ruined the show on a nightly basis.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Immediately this springs to mind....

[video=youtube;5_Z3Rt6851w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_Z3Rt6851w[/video]

2:40 there's a reason Todd Grisham didn't last long on commentary.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
When there was some HLA going on in 2002 or 2003, jerry lawler screaming in that annoying high voice of his and acting like he was about to cum didn't help the segment.