WoN: WWE tried to rehire Jeff Hardy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

"Here is an update on Jeff Hardy. John Laurinaitis called Jeff Hardy to get him back a few weeks ago, including an offer to put him in the 2022 Hall of Fame class. Hardy turned it down and asked for his drug test results because he knew he wasn’t going to test positive for recreational drugs. It took Hardy and his wife six weeks to get the results back." is the quote. Hardy was clean.

Oooooooh boyyyyyy this got better

Last edited:

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
See, that's what Ali and everyone else who wants out should do. Pretend to be out of your mind on drugs, then you'll get your release

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
See, that's what Ali and everyone else who wants out should do. Pretend to be out of your mind on drugs, then you'll get your release

Starting to look more and more likely :bosque just leave in the middle of a match, maybe add some ramblings if they don't fall for it twice

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
he was just testing out the Brother Nero gimmick again since it was a house show, duh

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
"Here is an update on Jeff Hardy. John Laurinaitis called Jeff Hardy to get him back a few weeks ago, including an offer to put him in the 2022 Hall of Fame class. Hardy turned it down and asked for his drug test results because he knew he wasn’t going to test positive for recreational drugs. It took Hardy and his wife six weeks to get the results back." is the quote. Hardy was clean.

:DAMN:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Man, I'm having a hard time believing they offered him HOF :lol I don't think they'd be that desperate to get him back even if he was clean and they just fucked up entirely

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Man, I'm having a hard time believing they offered him HOF :lol I don't think they'd be that desperate to get him back even if he was clean and they just fucked up entirely
Idk about the hof thing but hes also a probably 1st year inductee when he retires so its not that out of the realms. maybe they want him under a legends deal which is the missing report here?

either way, I don't really have a hard time believing anything since they seem to be back to no-logical-sense hrings and firings and refusals to fire again. I could see them pushing for a rumble spot back, then a hog induction b4 mania. thats good promotion for them id say

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
A Rumble spot I'd buy easily, and nah I don't think Jeff even goes in solo anyway. I think they induct the Hardy Boys together and call it a day.

At this point I'm believing he passed that drug test most likely tho, just can't figure out why the leaving mid-match thing happened :lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
A Rumble spot I'd buy easily, and nah I don't think Jeff even goes in solo anyway. I think they induct the Hardy Boys together and call it a day.

At this point I'm believing he passed that drug test most likely tho, just can't figure out why the leaving mid-match thing happened :lol
concussion or trolling. 2 only options. maybe a bad reaction to something a distant 3rd option

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
or maybe they were being dicks to him in the back already accusing him and he said lol fuck u then. but that i guess would fall under option 2 of trolling

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
in either case, firing someone for refusing to go to rehab when they test clean is a ...decision

• Haha

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
in either case, firing someone for refusing to go to rehab when they test clean is a ...decision

I'd still say depending on why he left mid-match it's still a fireable offense lol I don't think any of the other reports of him acting weird before that were ever corroborated though so it'd be just that one incident. But clearly, it wasn't that bad if they're trying to rehire him. I'd actually be quite upset if it was concussion-related, they're supposed to have a protocol in place for that shit, and if they just drug-tested him :francis

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

That's the whole part of this thing that needs an answer. Maybe the WWE were being overly cautious with the situation but given who it was and his history, that isn't exactly a bad thing.

I don't buy he was trying to get fired either. He was about to work a program with the top guy in the company which he said in interviews he wanted not to mention it would put a major question mark on your character to your next employer.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'd still say depending on why he left mid-match it's still a fireable offense lol I don't think any of the other reports of him acting weird before that were ever corroborated though so it'd be just that one incident. But clearly, it wasn't that bad if they're trying to rehire him. I'd actually be quite upset if it was concussion-related, they're supposed to have a protocol in place for that shit, and if they just drug-tested him :francis
I agree its a reprimandable offence but I'm not sure if firable. its a house show and it's still Jeff Hardy. I get not giving him the benefit of the doubt drug wise, but would it not be a bit more productive to maybe try and talk to the guy, especially after he tests clean. I think some assumptions were made by someone and a decision or words were said in haste on management side that fucked this up. And im not defending what hardy did if he did it on purpose (which makes even less sense) , I don't think you straight up fire a vet of that many years off assumptions. idk if that makes sense but to me that seems like a paranoid rushed bad business decision

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
This sounds like WWE is a nutcase as a company. I get drug testing, but they're withholding his test results in exchange for another leverage.

The fuck, Vince?