Women's match in Saudi: Was it really a good idea?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
A lot of people were excited and proud that they had a women's match in Saudi Arabia, a country where women are lower than dirt, but, do you feel this actually went in the opposite direction?

I don't feel this propelled women forward, it just went on to display the control they have over anything with a pussy. The women were made to cover up, and, though I am not advocating for half naked women (it's okay if you are), it just was another indication of how women are looked at in that country. I would never support a piece of shit country like that, no matter how much money they want to wave in my face. They might as well have come out in fucking snowsuits. Imagine being told 'you're allowed to fight, but, you have to wear 90 layers of clothes because you're not worthy enough to show yourselves in this country, you have no power over the mighty penis'.

I know most people will see it as a step forward because they were able to wrestle, I just felt it was a showcase of control, regardless.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Ask a woman from Saudi Arabia......they sure looked happy that they got a glimpse into something to aspire too.

Reactions: Sir Linko

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It probably meant more to the woman in WWE than anyone else and I’m 99.9% sure it was simply a political move.

Reactions: Chris

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Ask a woman from Saudi Arabia......they sure looked happy that they got a glimpse into something to aspire too.

I totally get that, absolutely, I just kinda feel like I am confused about how to really look at it. Great that they got to wrestle, but, I felt the 'control' part of it was on full display and that was degrading imo.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I totally get that, absolutely, I just kinda feel like I am confused about how to really look at it. Great that they got to wrestle, but, I felt the 'control' part of it was on full display and that was degrading imo.
Only real thing I got was that one asshole who threw a water bottle at Nattie.....babystpes

Reactions: Vegeta

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
It’s a Lacey Evans/Natalya match. Without watching that specific one, I can tell you I’ve seen it a dozen times. Definitely average

Reactions: Lady Redfield

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I sort of got to agree with @Ebedeezer Scrooge here(worlds ending). It seemed to mean a lot to the women there, crying and happy. Surly the little girls who hopefully got a long life ahead of them of great changes. It's small steps, and hopefully one day it won't even be a big deal and they don't have to change their ring gear for the show.

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah it was for sure a step forward. Going from basically completely oppressing women to allowing them to wrestle is a huge move. At the very least I'm sure the little girls in the audience were thrilled.

utvolzac

Patiently waiting for the Attitude Era to return
Reaction score
All I know is if your trying to promote change and get them to take an interest in women’s wrestling, you sure as hell don’t make their first exposure to women’s wrestling a goddamn Natalya match.

You’d have to look far and wide to find a more boring, less charismatic woman off the roster than Natalya.

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
Only misogynists would try and argue against how important and impactful it was for this match to take place in SA. Watch this and then try to say that this match shouldn't have taken place:

Does it look like Lacey cared about what she was gonna wrestle in? No. She cared about being a hero to her daughter and inspiring girls and women everywhere.

It's disgusting that anyone would try to downplay one of the most uplifting moments of our lifetimes.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Considering Turbo Man constantly trolls in every post he makes, it’s no shock that he didn’t really get the point completely. Females were excited, that’s amazing to see. At the same time, the control over females was on full display. This was both a positive and negative experience. This country is backwards, we all know this, and it shouldn’t be supported, no matter how many bills they wave in Vince’s face.

I’m not saying women should never wrestle there, it will just be a great day when women can FREELY wrestle there without being controlled in any way. You don’t have to be a misogynist to think that. What a dumb comment.

Last edited: