Will you be seeing The Phantom Menace in 3D?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Are you going to see The Phantom Menace in theatres?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
l_120915_f1ebdc6c.jpg

So with The Phantom Menace set to open in theatres this weekend in 3D, the question is will you be seeing it?

I for one will not, I am no longer willing to give Lucas any more money for these cash grab's of his. I also hate 3D movies, so that's just another reason why I won't be seeing it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I am just because I love Star Wars and the fact that I want to see some of the scenes from each one in 3-D. I think the Pod Race will look good in 3d, the arena where Padme, Anikin, and Obi-Wan will look good especially when all the Jedi show up, The senate fight with Yoda and Palpatine will look amazing, when the Falcon is approaching the Death Star, The Hoth battle and Luke landing on Dagobah, the Sarlac Pit along with the Rancor Beast will look pretty decent too.

Those are why I want to so yes I will.

Crossing fingers that Jar-Jar will be cut out of the first film.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Fuck no.

I don't like 3D, and the only Star Wars films I'd watch in the cinema are the original trilogy.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I have to admit that I may go see the original trilogy in 3D, but not the prequels.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I have to admit that I may go see the original trilogy in 3D, but not the prequels.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Battle between Anakin and Obi-wan with all the lava in 3D.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
my gf is a huge star wars fan and wants me to take her to them all..and I hate phanton & clones with a passion so I made her a deal if we go I get a handjob in the theatre
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
my gf is a huge star wars fan and wants me to take her to them all..and I hate phanton & clones with a passion so I made her a deal if we go I get a handjob in the theatre

that would be a great.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I won't. I hate 3D crap. And like Fuji, I'm not giving Lucas anymore of my money. I refuse to even buy the movies on Blu Ray because of what he has done to them. He hasn't made them better, he has ruined them.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Just got back from seeing it will give my thoughts in the morning.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Eddie North

Reaction score
have no interest in the phantom menace. Clones maybe I'll go see, Revenge of the sith Def and probably the whole org trilogy

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
To get me to clones she would have to mount me for the whole movie...that is the worst of them all...

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well since I went to a packed theater last night and sat through the Phantom Menace in 3D, here are my thoughts.

1. Lucas kept Jar Jar Stinks in the film--should have eliminated him, but in the theater there were alot of people laughing with his stupid antics, but I was howling with C3PO and R2D2 as they are much funnier IMO.

2. The 3D enhanced certain aspects of the film and others did not do anything. The pod race looked better, the senate was amazing in 3D, the Light saber battle between Darth Maul/Qui Gon/Obi-Wan was sweet, the space scenes with all the ships flying around was very very pretty as it did add depth them as you could see them flying around and leaving, Naboo looked amazing but the backgrounds were blurry when it was focusing on the characters (a problem filming for 2D then converting to 3D), the Gungan underwater world looked great, the water ship that Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Stinks was on looked great especially when the big Goober Fish grabbed them along with the bigger fish, and my favorite was when the Nubian ship landed at Coruscant was just breathtaking. You could always tell that the building were tall but not that tall and the way everything seemed to flow was great there.

3. When in the ships coming up to an area the glass looked like glass and you could see the stuff around them.

4. When did the puppet yoda disappear and become CGI in this film.

With this said. I am an avid Star Wars fan and found this a decent experience. Did I like wearing the Darth Maul glasses, no I didn't but it felt good to see. Glad I bought my tickets early as the line was forever long and the theater was sold out. I enjoyed it, can't wait for the others as there are scenes in each one I just cant wait to see in 3D.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
4. When did the puppet yoda disappear and become CGI in this film.

For some reason I think they changed him to CGI for the Blu Ray releases, so they must have just re-done him for the theatrical as well. Blah.

Were there any people dressed up like Star Wars characters at the theatre?

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yes there were people dressed up. Not many adults it was more kids dressed up like Anakin or Obi Wan. Everyone seemed to have on a Star Wars shirt. The guy I bought my popcorn and drink from was dressed up like Vader. The movie did get an ovation at the end of it which I have not been to a movie in awhile where and ovation was given. So I was pleased when I walked out. I kept my Darth Maul glasses as I am sure the next ones will be out in a couple of months anyways.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage