• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Will Charlotte Flair Retire Soon?

Sabretooth

Oct 9, 2011
Even though she's only 33 and has been wrestling for 7 years, Charlotte has already done everything there is to do and really has nothing left to prove. As we've seen, women in wrestling tend to not stick around very long as the careers of Lita and Trish Stratus only lasted 7-8 years. AJ Lee lasted 8 years. Beth Phoenix lasted six years. So with nothing left to accomplish, will Charlotte retire soon or will she continue to wrestle just to keep her legacy going?

Cwalker

Feb 25, 2012
She hasn’t won a Rumble, she hasn’t won Money in The Bank; so there’s still a few things left for her to do. I think she wants to be considered the greatest woman’s wrestler of all time when it’s all said and done(you can argue she’s almost there)

So no; I don’t think she’s going anywhere

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
Also those girls you named were pre-revolution, I wouldn't be surprised if the current set of women keep wrestling about as long as the average man does.

Sabretooth

Oct 9, 2011
Also those girls you named were pre-revolution, I wouldn't be surprised if the current set of women keep wrestling about as long as the average man does.
Yeah idk about that lol. Maybe you're right and they will.

Dale

Super Moderator
Dec 17, 2010
England
Just because there's nothing left to prove doesn't mean it's time to hang it up. Not only would she be leaving a boat load of money on the table but she'll obviously want to keep trying to push the women forward and remain in big time matches, stipulations etc. I'd love to know what's on her bucket list but i'd be damn surprised if it wasn't a Fatal 4way 4 horsewoman match at Mania or wanting to main event Mania again with Becky.

KeepItFresh

Jun 25, 2011
The Fringe Class
Nothin' else to prove? This is a different era than when Beth dominated. There are constantly makin' new female stars(you can even say better than creatin' male stars) in WWE. She has a ton feuds left and hasn't reached 16 title reigns which I'm pretty sure is still her main goal.

I honestly don't know why I'm even takin' this thread seriously. It's about a wrestlin' retirement for fuck's sake.

Reactions: Cwalker

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Yeah, I don't see her leaving but I wouldn't rule it out either. If she does step away, I doubt it would be because there's "nothing left to accomplish" because how often do wrestlers do that? If they did, why are people like Undertaker, Lesnar and hell, Randy Orton still going? As for women's longevity, there's nothing stopping them from having long careers. Look no further than Gail Kim for an example of that.